2022 District of Doom 9-4A D1

LetsGoEagles

Let’s hear those picks folks. I think CHill is gonna be real tough. They’re gonna have a very high powered offense. Defense will be the question for them. Can it keep some of the other high powered offenses in check? Kilgore is always solid and Lindale is reloading not rebuilding. Their O-line may be the best in the state in 4A. There’s 4 playoff spots and some say basically 3 are pretty much wrapped up with the 3 teams already mentioned. I think there will be a lot of excitement and enthusiasm in Henderson and they’re my pick to take the 4th spot. Gonna be a fun fun year! Can’t wait. 

• Like 1

I too believe Chapel Hill is going to be really good....my only concern with them is can they stop anyone else from scoring...the best way to beat a high powered offense is to keep it off the field as much as possible...if other teams are able to run the ball and control the clock Chapel Hill will be in trouble...as far as Kilgore, I truly believe they have the potential to be as good or better than last year...depends on how quick the OLine gets rolling. I think the team in the district everyone might keep their eye on is Palestine. I think they had a very very good freshman or JV team that pretty much rolled everyone..???..overall, I believe this district is going to be very competitive with 3 different teams having legit shots to win it

• Like 1

I agree. While I believe this district and R3 is very good, it’s 2nd to R2. R2 is absolutely loaded and it will be very interesting to see who comes out if that side of the bracket. But district 9-4A should be fun. Like you said. CHill will be good but they’re also beatable and don’t have the district locked up. It could go any way amongst the 3 and could also end up in a 3-way tie. You just never know. High school kids can be odd creatures some

time. 

• Like 1

CH defense will have to develop in the predistrict games and mature come playoff time.....they'll get tested early with Gilmer and Van to open the season. Luckily they return several key defensive lineman which will hopefully help. So ready for some football!

• Like 3

Lindale, Chapel Hill, Kilgore 

All have potential to win district and make deep playoff runs. Probably come down to overall team health, discipline on game night and maybe special teams.

Palestine, Henderson 

Both should be tough and battle for playoff spot. 

Jacksonville, Athens

Potential to beat any team in district weekly  but uphill battle for a playoff spot.

Zero easy or guaranteed weeks in this district! Can’t wait to watch 

• Like 2

I still got Kilgore at the top. I feel like their offense will be better than last season. Do have a few question marks on defense, but that should fix itself before district I believe. 

2. Chapel Hill - no question they have a dynamic offense. Think their defense will have its work cut out.

3. Lindale- Grittt group and a very good coaching staff.

4. Henderson- I think they claim the last spot. Definitely have the athletes just need to put it all together. 

• Love 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

Don’t sleep on Jacksonville. Yeah, I’m a homer but good things are happening. QB Ryan McCown is back, 3 D1 receivers, Sr Devin McCuin (UTSA), SR Koda Canady (Lamar), and JR Jermaine Taylor, a junior with multiple D1 offers. I really think we will surprise some folks if we have success early and get a winning mojo going before district starts. Tough district but glad to be playing teams in district our own size for a change. Familiar with Lindale and Palestine and Henderson. Been many years since we played CH, Kilgore, and Athens. Looking forward to rekindling old rivalries, it’s been almost 20 years since we have had this district like this. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Matt said:

Don’t sleep on Jacksonville. Yeah, I’m a homer but good things are happening. QB Ryan McCown is back, 3 D1 receivers, Sr Devin McCuin (UTSA), SR Koda Canady (Lamar), and JR Jermaine Taylor (UTSA). I really think we will surprise some folks if we have success early and get a winning mojo going before district starts. Tough district but glad to be playing teams in district our own size for a change. Familiar with Lindale and Palestine and Henderson. Been many years since we played CH, Kilgore, and Athens. Looking forward to rekindling old rivalries, it’s been almost 20 years since we have had this district like this. 

Jacksonville won't be slept on I promise you that. Honestly, this district has so many unknowns every week is going to be a fight.  No easy district games thats for sure.

• Like 1

We dis too, and he did a solid job, but was surprised to see him in that list. He’s got the size but seemed to not have real good control of his emotions. Just didn’t strike me as that highly rated of a QB. I can see him being top 50 maybe, but top 20? No. Just didn’t see that. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

That’s just what they’ve always called this district. I didn’t make that up for this year. 

I am/ have been aware of the name.

I see it as a matter of of opinion, and that 3 headed monster in District 5 stands out like no other. 

Absolutely. May end up being the toughest district in the state size for size. Unreal to have 3 of the top 7 in the same district. Just unreal. Good chance the state champ comes from that district. Sad 2 of the 3 or all 3 can’t win it. They’ll all be very very good this year. 

• Prayers 1

6 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

9-4A DI is competitive district.

The D.O.D title though belongs to the district with the DI &DII  state champs (ranked 1 & 2) also the #7 ranked recent years state champ Waco LaVega. 

District 5 4A DI

I like how you think!!! District 5 should be a lot of fun. We are lucky and get the Yellowjackets at home last week of regular season with a bye week right before we play them. China Spring has a Move in QB where they wont miss a beat.

Sounds like everyone but  Kdog00 is expecting Palestine to fall back this year. I was told that their  Soph and Jr. class was the reason Coach Angel is not retiring. If they can mature and grow as a team a little they could be a tough out by the time district rolls around.

1 hour ago, StillALion said:

There weren’t any easy games last year and there won’t be this year either.  Last year every team was in the top 30 for a lot of the season.  

Everyone except Athens and mabank. Although mabank was much improved. We struggled in 1st half with mabank and almost choked away the game at Henderson. Those boys fought hard in the 2nd half and we just choked it up. This will be a much tougher DoD this year. 

15 hours ago, 514 said:

Sounds like everyone but  Kdog00 is expecting Palestine to fall back this year. I was told that their  Soph and Jr. class was the reason Coach Angel is not retiring. If they can mature and grow as a team a little they could be a tough out by the time district rolls around.

Kilgore's Freshman team group was really good...I think lost like 2 or 3 games since 7th/8th grade....two loses were to Palestine...I'm not sure the exact class they will be this year...they are either going into Sophomore year or Junior year..???...either way they are pretty talented