2022 District of Doom 9-4A D1

LetsGoEagles

16 hours ago, 514 said:

Sounds like everyone but  Kdog00 is expecting Palestine to fall back this year. I was told that their  Soph and Jr. class was the reason Coach Angel is not retiring. If they can mature and grow as a team a little they could be a tough out by the time district rolls around.

That's right Palestine's freshman or jv team went undefeated last season and when that team is completely up playing varsity I heard the same thing they are very good. 

That archaic offense is what makes palestine dangerous! You give athletes a chance to control the clock and break at any moment. You obviously never wat he'd palestine run the spread...they were terrible at it...Angel has them in a good place believing that they can do anything....I've seen years when they were in tge spread losing big to far inferior athletes because of the me syndrome...get me the ball...it is all about perspective I guess

1 hour ago, LordSensei said:

Honestly, I think it ends up the same as last year. 
Kilgore

Lindale

Palestine

CH

You will know more about Kilgore and The C Dawgs in the season opener. 
very excited to see this game. Can’t wait to see the C Dawgs new defense, I already know the offense is going to be really good. 
Kilgore is always good and will be again this year. 
Should be a great game. 
Let’s Go Dawgs 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆 and hopefully number 🏆

• Like 1

21 hours ago, StillALion said:

Highlights from Texas Football 4AD1 Region 3 preview story today: 
* Picks Chapel Hill, Kilgore, Lindale 1-2-3 in the district. 
* Picks Jville to get 4th and last playoff spot.
* 6 of the top 8 teams in the region are from our district.  
* The 6th place team in our district (which this article has as Palestine) would win 2 of the other 3 districts in the region and come in second to El Campo in the other.  
* Picks Chapel Hill to beat Kilgore in the regional championship game. 

District is strong...regional champion will come out of here. Don't count Lindale out.

• Like 1

Don't forget Chapel Hill plays Gilmer in week 1. Should find out a lot about both teams that night. Chapel Hills offense will be comparable to 2010-2011 CH offense. Lots of playmakers and speed. Defense is young but a talented group. Cant wait for week 1! 

I do see district going as follows this season

1. Chapel Hill

2. Kilgore

3. Henderson

4. Jville

• LOL! 3

5 hours ago, Chill5000 said:

Don't forget Chapel Hill plays Gilmer in week 1. Should find out a lot about both teams that night. Chapel Hills offense will be comparable to 2010-2011 CH offense. Lots of playmakers and speed. Defense is young but a talented group. Cant wait for week 1! 

1. Chapel Hill

2. Kilgore

3. Henderson

4. Jville

Kilgore has Carthage week 1

Gilmer week 2 

We will see we're Kilgore is with stout competition. Definitely playing Carthage and Gilmer only helps the teams in the long run and will only make each team better.

14 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Kilgore has Carthage week 1

Gilmer week 2 

We will see we're Kilgore is with stout competition. Definitely playing Carthage and Gilmer only helps the teams in the long run and will only make each team better.

Wow. Def going to know where Kilgore stands. I think they will be just fine against Gilmer and Carthage. CH has Van and nac. 
van should be a decent game. I know nothing about nac this year. Good luck to y’all 

20 hours ago, Chill5000 said:

1. Chapel Hill

2. Kilgore

3. Henderson

4. Jville

Don’t let that jelly shine through ChillDog. You’re better than that! Give the eagles the respect they’ve earned. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Don’t let that jelly shine through ChillDog. You’re better than that! Give the eagles the respect they’ve earned. 

I hope all the teams can stay healthy in district I personally hate playing the good teams and most of the time a team if not both teams have starters out. I prefer to play a team when 100% healthy but hey we can hope some times. Hopefully we get another week 11 showdown in district CH and Kilgore this year the last two years it's been Lindale and Kilgore playing for the district and last year's game was an absolute epic amazing game. 

• Like 1

My final prediction............

1- Chapel Hill...Top 3 are interchangable.

2- Kilgore

3- Lindale

4- Palestine...Wildcats are the wildcard for 4th.

5- Henderson...Lions need to prove it.

6-Jacksonville...Indians have a shot at 4th seed.

7- Athens...Hornets need to take the next step.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 6:51 PM, Chill5000 said:

1. Chapel Hill

2. Kilgore

3. Henderson

4. Jville

😂 let's revisit this later on. Don't hide from it

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

😂 let's revisit this later on. Don't hide from it

Oh I’ll be here. Def don’t hide. I do think if CH stays healthy they will win this district. 

I think they also beat Gilmer by 10+ in the opener. 

CH sophomore quarterback will be the difference maker in most of these games. He’s absolutely electric! After playing only 8 varsity games, counting playoffs. He holds multiple D1 offers already. He truly is a rare talent. We have watched this kid since 7th grade and knew he was going to be special. 

Either way this district shakes out, you will have 4 really good teams in the playoffs. 

14 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

I think what people are pointing out is you leaving lindale out and it’s obvious why. We’re glad you’re gonna stay here, most people think you’re wrong and will need to be reminded of your glorious omission. LoL. 

Def not underestimating Lindale. Especially after last years beat down.