2022 District of Doom 9-4A D1

LetsGoEagles

16 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

What was the format of the scrimmage?

4 live quarters. First team ran the 1st and 3rd quarters. CH starters 21-0 and CH backups 21-7. Not sure the quality of Pitt but CH looked pretty decent for a 1st scrimmage 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CHDog77 said:

4 live quarters. First team ran the 1st and 3rd quarters. CH starters 21-0 and CH backups 21-7. Not sure the quality of Pitt but CH looked pretty decent for a 1st scrimmage 

Pitt is Div 2 and picked to finish 3rd or 4th in their district I believe. 

Favorite time of year! High school football is back!

Lindale will be pounding the rock this year bringing back their entire O-line plus some scrappy running backs.  A little bit of disheartening news is our center broke his hand during scrimmage against Sulphur springs. Much respect for our district.  Will be battle to come out on top. 

• Like 1

I agree with most everyone on here. I see Lindale, Kilgore, and CHill in the top 3 spots in no particular order. I mean I hope Lindale comes out on top lol. Anyway the number four spot I think will be either Henderson or Palestine. Just ready to get the season going and for some cooler weather 🥵

Jacksonville scrimmaged Kaufman, another 4A D1 school, picked to make the playoffs. Very even scrimmage. In the controlled scrimmage, Kaufman won 2-1. In the LIVE 2 quarters, JAX won 17-14. Ryan McCown threw 3 TDs overall, Devin McCuin had over 100 yards receiving, Jesus Nunez had a 29-yd FG, Koda Canady had two acrobatic catches and clinching scrimmage-win pick at the end, Jayden Boyd, 240lb RB had over 50 yards rushing and 2 catches out of the backfield for about 30 yards. Jermaine Taylor had some great carries, over 40 yards rushing and was a beast at LB. Defense played well, attacked the gaps,  but weren't really tested through the air as Kaufman QB was suspect throwing.  Kaufman has a solid OL and they have a stud RB #8. 

JAX has Bullard in a scrimmage this Thursday at Tomato Bowl.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Jacksonville scrimmaged Kaufman, another 4A D1 school, picked to make the playoffs. Very even scrimmage. In the controlled scrimmage, Kaufman won 2-1. In the LIVE 2 quarters, JAX won 17-14. Ryan McCown threw 3 TDs overall, Devin McCuin had over 100 yards receiving, Jesus Nunez had a 29-yd FG, Koda Canady had two acrobatic catches and clinching scrimmage-win pick at the end, Jayden Boyd, 240lb RB had over 50 yards rushing and 2 catches out of the backfield for about 30 yards. Jermaine Taylor had some great carries, over 40 yards rushing and was a beast at LB. Defense played well, attacked the gaps,  but weren't really tested through the air as Kaufman QB was suspect throwing.  Kaufman has a solid OL and they have a stud RB #8. 

JAX has Bullard in a scrimmage this Thursday at Tomato Bowl.

Excited to play in the Tomato Bowl this year......heard the upgrades are really nice! Really cool atmosphere too

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KildogDad said:

Anyone want to predict the outcomes for this week's games?

Kilgore @ Carthage

Palestine @ Nacogdoches

Jacksonville @ Sulphur Springs

Lindale @ Kaufman

Liberty Eylau @ Henderson

Brownsboro @ Athens

Gilmer @ Chapel Hill

I’ll take a crack at it

Carthage over Kilgore

Nac over Palestine

SS over Jax

Lindale over Kaufman

Henderson over LE

Athens over Brownsboro

Gilmer over CH

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 8:04 PM, KildogDad said:

Kilgore @ Carthage

Palestine @ Nacogdoches

Lindale @ Kaufman

Brownsboro @ Athens

Gilmer @ Chapel Hill

You got any predictions?

On 8/20/2022 at 8:04 PM, KildogDad said:

Kilgore @ Carthage

Palestine @ Nacogdoches

Lindale @ Kaufman

Brownsboro @ Athens

Gilmer @ Chapel Hill

Carthage in a dog-fight (LoL)

Nac

JVille

The Dale

Hendo

Athens 

CHill

i truly think Kilgore can win that game  I’d say it’s a 50/50 toss up  if it was in Kilgore, I’d feel more comfortable picking Kilgore, will be checking that score OFTEN  

• LOL! 1

11 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Surprised Kilgore and CH are both 0-2. Expected CH to be 2-0 and Kilgore to be 1-1. I’m surprised Lindale isn’t 2-0 honestly. Expected them to beat Kaufman. 

I agree with this 100%. I think our guys would agree that they did not play very well at all week 1, and gifted Kaufman that game. I had 1 of them tell me as much. Not that Kaufman didn’t play well and didn’t have more energy than us, they did. Kudos to Kaufman, they beat us, fair and square. But we didn’t play anywhere near our potential. But, it’s non-district and that’s what this is for. Work out the kinks, get rid of the nerves, learn, grow, get better. 

• Like 1