2022 District of Doom 9-4A D1

LetsGoEagles

I don’t think Palestine will regret not having a game this week at all? 2 byes will help I believe. Get tuned up and rested for district play to start. Wish we had a bye week prior to district or early on. We got the dreaded 10 weeks straight schedule. Bye week last week of season. (Thumbs down). 

• Like 1

This district has definitely played a tough non-district schedule for the most part.

There are some big games this week. I'm not sure what it'll tell us about district but I am excited to see how Kilgore/Hallsville and Lindale/Gilmer goes. I'm sure CH will dominate Nac. Athens/Kaufman is intriguing as well.

Super proud of the eagles. We gave Gilmer everything they could handle. When you have 2 solid teams square off, it usually comes down to who makes the least mistakes. That was Gilmer. We just made to many mistakes 2nd half. But these kids never quit. Still had a chance to tie with under a minute. Just didn’t execute. That’s OK. I think we came out of this better and will be more confident and hungry. Let’s get district going! 

• Like 2

According to Maxpreps:

#7 Kilgore strength of schedule - 28.6, highest in top 50, probably the whole division

#12 Lindale strength of schedule - 18.8, 7th highest in top 50

#15 Chapel Hill strength of schedule - 11.6

#26 Palestine strength of schedule - 6.4

#30 Athens strength of schedule - -1.4

#43 Jacksonville strength of schedule - 15.4 (this advantage should show itself this Friday against Athens)

#50 Henderson strength of schedule - 16.9

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KildogDad said:

According to Maxpreps:

#7 Kilgore strength of schedule - 28.6, highest in top 50, probably the whole division

#12 Lindale strength of schedule - 18.8, 7th highest in top 50

#15 Chapel Hill strength of schedule - 11.6

#26 Palestine strength of schedule - 6.4

#30 Athens strength of schedule - -1.4

#43 Jacksonville strength of schedule - 15.4 (this advantage should show itself this Friday against Athens)

#50 Henderson strength of schedule - 16.9

Kilgore and Lindale both understand the importance of playing teams that will get you ready for district play. Scheduling "wins" is all fine until you run into a team that has been battle tested and is ready to roll thanks to playoff like atmospheres and playoff like opponents.

• Love 1

I think maybe Rearden’s scheduling a couple cupcakes happened to workout for his very young team. They got their #### handed to them in 1st 2 games, then got to build their confidence back up with a couple cupcakes after having it tore down. They clearly have a lot of talent. We shall see what happens in district. Hard to believe it’s already here. 1st 4 games have gone by quick! 

How is everyone's JV/9th Grade looking? I'm always curious about that as well because it can typically give us an idea of which program is on the rise and which could be in trouble in the future.

I know last week Lindale's JV beat Henderson and Lindale's 9th lost to Henderson

I think the records are:

Lindale JV 4-1 (1-0)

Lindale 9th 2-3 (0-1)

Anyone else know how their younger groups are doing?

Games this week:

Kilgore at Lindale - district championship game of the year part 1 - Kilgore in a close game that could reach the 40's easy.

Athens at Henderson - battle of the basement? Henderson wins at home in a tight one.

Chapel Hill at Jacksonville - blowout of the week.

Palestine - gets 2 weeks to get ready for the battle for 4th place with Jacksonville.

On 10/2/2022 at 8:27 PM, KildogDad said:

Games this week:

Kilgore at Lindale - district championship game of the year part 1 - Kilgore in a close game that could reach the 40's easy.

Athens at Henderson - battle of the basement? Henderson wins at home in a tight one.

Chapel Hill at Jacksonville - blowout of the week.

Palestine - gets 2 weeks to get ready for the battle for 4th place with Jacksonville.

Should be a fun week. Lindale/Kilgore winner will have the inside track to a district championship and control their own destiny. Loser will have to win out and hope for a split with Chapel Hill.

Everyone else is battling for the 4th spot.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2022 at 9:47 AM, GoodOleBoy73 said:

How is everyone's JV/9th Grade looking? I'm always curious about that as well because it can typically give us an idea of which program is on the rise and which could be in trouble in the future.

I know last week Lindale's JV beat Henderson and Lindale's 9th lost to Henderson

I think the records are:

Lindale JV 4-1 (1-0)

Lindale 9th 2-3 (0-1)

Anyone else know how their younger groups are doing?

Chapel Hill JV is 4-1. Only loss to Van 

Chapel Hill freshman 4-1. Only loss to Gilmer 

• Like 1

This week:

Henderson at Kilgore - I'm always wary of rivalry games, especially when Hendo won as convincingly as they did against Athens. Expecting Kilgore to keep it all business and win by at least a couple of scores.

Lindale at Chapel Hill - possible shoot out. Lindale scored 35 on Kilgore in the second half and do not face Kilgore's D this week.

Jacksonville at Palestine - the anticipated battle for the 4th place. Palestine in a close one.