2022 District of Doom 9-4A D1

LetsGoEagles

I was very impressed by Kilgore Friday night. They are solid on both sides of the ball and will probably keep getting better. I expect them to make a deep run this year in playoffs. They should easily handle Henderson. 

Lindale at Chapel Hill - most likely battle for 2nd place. Lindale bounces back with a win. 

Jacksonville at Palestine - I have no idea who takes this one. 

3 hours ago, Bulldogs12 said:

I was very impressed by Kilgore Friday night. They are solid on both sides of the ball and will probably keep getting better. I expect them to make a deep run this year in playoffs. They should easily handle Henderson. 

Lindale at Chapel Hill - most likely battle for 2nd place. Lindale bounces back with a win. 

Jacksonville at Palestine - I have no idea who takes this one. 

I'll take Palestine over Jax.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

Henderson finishes the season with Palestine and Jax. Since they already beat Athens, is there any chance they sneak in 4th with back-to-back wins to end district play?

There is always a chance. The talent is definitely there. They’re just a train wreck of dysfunction. 

Edited by LetsGoEagles

17 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

There is always a chance. The talent is definitely there. They’re just a train wreck of dysfunction. 

Agreed. I think Hendo should be 3rd or 4th in this district. But, as I've said before, I trust Othell about as much as I trust the government right now...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

Very competitive district. I will take Kilgore to finish up top. The dogs are so much better than the rest. 

1. Kilgore 

2. Lindale 

3. Chapel Hill

4. Henderson/Palestine winner.

The beauty of what you just said is we are finally gonna find out. Friday will tell us a lot about both Lindale and chapel hill. It’s gone by so quick but has also felt like it took a long time to get here. For everyone except Athens, they all matter now. 

Edited by LetsGoEagles

42 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

There was no thread for it, but that Palestine/Jax game was definitely the closest and was probably very fun to watch.

It was a THRILL. Back and forth the ENTIRE game. Those 3 WRs for the Indians are something else! If they had defensive support and a few Lineman around them, Jacksonville could be really nice!

Kilgore and CHill are on a collision course for district champions in last week of season.  11/4 in Kilgore. 

lindale controls its own destiny for 3rd place. Beat Palestine at home next week and Jacksonville in Jacksonville the next week and they’re 3rd. Lose either one of those and they’re playing with fire. 

Palestine beat jville last night so they have the upper hand for 4th if lindale beats them. 

palestine, jville and Henderson still play each other. If lindale wins out then those 3 are battling it out for the 4th spot. 

lindale has the last bye week. Palestine v. Hendo on 10/28 should be a big game for playoff seeding. 

jville plays Hendo last week of regular season  that could have big implications and it could be meaningless. If lindale wins out and Palestine beats Hendo on 10/28, the the order is set with lindale at 3 and pal at 4. With CHill and Kilgore deciding 1 & 2. 

clear as mud. nothing has been decided quite yet and won’t be until maybe last week of season. That’s 9-4A for ya  

12 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Kilgore and CHill are on a collision course for district champions in last week of season.  11/4 in Kilgore. 

lindale controls its own destiny for 3rd place. Beat Palestine at home next week and Jacksonville in Jacksonville the next week and they’re 3rd. Lose either one of those and they’re playing with fire. 

Palestine beat jville last night so they have the upper hand for 4th if lindale beats them. 

palestine, jville and Henderson still play each other. If lindale wins out then those 3 are battling it out for the 4th spot. 

lindale has the last bye week. Palestine v. Hendo on 10/28 should be a big game for playoff seeding. 

jville plays Hendo last week of regular season  that could have big implications and it could be meaningless. If lindale wins out and Palestine beats Hendo on 10/28, the the order is set with lindale at 3 and pal at 4. With CHill and Kilgore deciding 1 & 2. 

clear as mud. nothing has been decided quite yet and won’t be until maybe last week of season. That’s 9-4A for ya  

If Lindale loses confidence after 2 straight blowouts, Palestine is the type of team that can VERY much beat them! They’d have to play a perfect game! I doubt Pali wins IN Lindale though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LordSensei said:

If Lindale loses confidence after 2 straight blowouts, Palestine is the type of team that can VERY much beat them! They’d have to play a perfect game! I doubt Pali wins IN Lindale though.

I agree. Lindale better be ready. They have to put these last 2 games behind them and focus on Pal. Can’t change the last 2 games. Re-focus on Pal, work hard, fix mistakes, get better, play your game. I know Pal will come in fired up and ready. We always get everyone’s highest intensity. Everyone loves to hate us. All good. 

8 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

Blowout week. In order of largest margin of victory:

Chapel Hill at Henderson

Palestine at Lindale

Kilgore at Athens

For some reason I expect Palestine to play tough and you never know what you’re getting with Henderson. Kilgore clearly the best.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2022 at 6:07 PM, Mojo1000 said:

For some reason I expect Palestine to play tough and you never know what you’re getting with Henderson. Kilgore clearly the best.

I agree. Pal comes into this game fired up & ready with a blueprint of how to beat lindale. Time for lindale to look in the mirror & make some decisions defensively. 

1 hour ago, LetsGoEagles said:

I agree. Pal comes into this game fired up & ready with a blueprint of how to beat lindale. Time for lindale to look in the mirror & make some decisions defensively. 

I can’t help but think there is something going on with the defense that wasn’t before. I don’t know if it we’re missing players or what but the defense has played lights out all year. Even against Gilmer only gave up 31 points. It just doesn’t make any since how bad they’ve played these past two games. Don’t get me wrong Kilgore and CH has some awesome running backs but Lindale’s defense seems like they are a junior high team right now

46 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

I can’t help but think there is something going on with the defense that wasn’t before. I don’t know if it we’re missing players or what but the defense has played lights out all year. Even against Gilmer only gave up 31 points. It just doesn’t make any since how bad they’ve played these past two games. Don’t get me wrong Kilgore and CH has some awesome running backs but Lindale’s defense seems like they are a junior high team right now

It’s a great question. Maya was the defensive leader. That’s for sure. I think he brought a lot of confidence too. I don’t want to take away from the 2 great offenses we played. They’re both very very good. But something is off. You haven’t been hearing either LB’s names called much in the last 2 weeks. Stanton or Curbow. They’ve both been pretty quiet. I don’t know. Not sure. We’ve given up 128 points in 2 games. That’s about as bad as it can get. It’s just flat awful. Coaches have their work cut out. They’ve got to get these kids confidence back and flying to the ball and tackling because they weren’t Friday night. That’s just the brutal truth. Not wrapping up. Not flying to the ball and not gang tackling. It was bad. Seemed like the wind was never in their sales. I’m kind of at a loss as to what’s happened. I’m sure coaches are frustrated too. They were flat out dominant from 2nd quarter on against Athens outscoring them 50-7 on 3 quarters and shutting Athens down. Started flat against Kilgore and CHill. …… SMH ….. not sure what to say. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

It’s a great question. Maya was the defensive leader. That’s for sure. I think he brought a lot of confidence too. I don’t want to take away from the 2 great offenses we played. They’re both very very good. But something is off. You haven’t been hearing either LB’s names called much in the last 2 weeks. Stanton or Curbow. They’ve both been pretty quiet. I don’t know. Not sure. We’ve given up 128 points in 2 games. That’s about as bad as it can get. It’s just flat awful. Coaches have their work cut out. They’ve got to get these kids confidence back and flying to the ball and tackling because they weren’t Friday night. That’s just the brutal truth. Not wrapping up. Not flying to the ball and not gang tackling. It was bad. Seemed like the wind was never in their sales. I’m kind of at a loss as to what’s happened. I’m sure coaches are frustrated too. They were flat out dominant from 2nd quarter on against Athens outscoring them 50-7 on 3 quarters and shutting Athens down. Started flat against Kilgore and CHill. …… SMH ….. not sure what to say. 

maybe Kilgore and Lindale are just really good and finally playing to their potential..???...I know Lindale played Gilmer close so that was a good positive to go off..???...but.....and I cant speak for Chapel Hill, but I know Kilgore is night and day better then when we played both Carthage and Gilmer...this is nowhere near the same Kilgore team that started 0-2....just a thought..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

maybe Kilgore and Lindale are just really good and finally playing to their potential..???...I know Lindale played Gilmer close so that was a good positive to go off..???...but.....and I cant speak for Chapel Hill, but I know Kilgore is night and day better then when we played both Carthage and Gilmer...this is nowhere near the same Kilgore team that started 0-2....just a thought..

Absolutely. I think you meant chapel hill btw. But yes. Don’t want to take anything away from either of those 2 teams. Both are playing at a high level. But there has definitely been something different about lindale for 2 games now. Less energy. Less pop. Less attitude.