2022 District of Doom 9-4A D1

LetsGoEagles

1 minute ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Absolutely. I think you meant chapel hill btw. But yes. Don’t want to take anything away from either of those 2 teams. Both are playing at a high level. But there has definitely been something different about lindale for 2 games now. Less energy. Less pop. Less attitude. 

yeah, sorry...meant Chapel Hill

on a side note...I know your down on the way Lindale is playing defensively right now and I honestly believe a lot of that had to do with who you played but, in my honest opinion I think Lindale is fine...so your defense may not be as good as you thought and maybe your offense is better than you thought...???..you may have just played 2 of the best teams in the region...??....Lindale is still a good enough team to beat teams especially with the way offensively they are playing....I know defense will matter in the end but you can still win a lot a ball games with a good offense you just cant afford penalties and to let special teams play a factor in games...and on the game this Friday, Palestine is a scrappy bunch and I could see them scoring 20 to 30 pts on Lindale...but I also see Lindale scoring in the 40's on them, soo 🤷‍♂️....JMO

Edited by kdogs00
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

on a side note...I know your down on the way Lindale is playing defensively right now and I honestly believe a lot of that had to do with who you played but, in my honest opinion I think Lindale is fine...so your defense may not be as good as you thought and maybe your offense is better than you thought...???..you may have just played 2 of the best teams in the region...??....Lindale is still a good enough team to beat teams especially with the way offensively they are playing....I know defense will matter in the end but you can still win a lot a ball games with a good offense you just cant afford penalties and to let special teams play a factor in games...and on the game this Friday, Palestine is a scrappy bunch and I could see them scoring 20 to 30 pts on Lindale...but I also see Lindale scoring in the 40's on them, soo 🤷‍♂️....JMO

Thank you. And you’re right. We scored 35 and could have been 42 if we score rather than  INT on last drive against Kilgore & put 45 on chill with 3 TO’s. So yes, offense is fine, better than fine. But our defense just has us concerned but we have played the 2 best teams in the district and I do agree with you, I think they will see each other again 4 weeks into the playoffs in the Region final. That does have a lot to do with it. Both offenses are scary good. Last game of the season ought to be flat AWESOME. 

• Like 1

I have to agree Lindale just played probably the best two offensive teams in the region. Minus their turnovers and penalties you have an idea of how good your defense will do against vey good offenses. Now Lindale will have no problem having to win games with their offense. Just an outsiders honest opinion 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

That title left when Carthage left. Chapel Hill ,Kilgore & Lindale picked up the slack.

Sadly, it’s become a term I’ve seen several people call their district and that new chick who’s so terrible on Friday night scoreboard has called 3 or 4 districts the district of doom on the show………. SMH 

• Like 2

It's produced a state finalist and semifinalist the last 2 years. Both years district mates are playing each other deep in the playoffs. That's a pretty good resume. We'll see how being in a different region will affect the playoff results. 

• Like 4