2022 District of Doom 9-4A D1

LetsGoEagles

5 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

After last night it looks like we are going to have the following matchups

(1) Chapel Hill vs (4) Livingston

(2) Kilgore vs (3) LCM

(3) Lindale vs (2) Vidor

(4) Palestine vs (1) Lumberton

I think our district wins 3 out of 4 here. Only loss should be Palestine. Thoughts?

Hopefully the brooms come out for 94a!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

had to of been what happened? Is #24 your son? 

Wouldn't surprise me if Palestine rested them since a win wouldn't affect the standings.

Not my son, just liked the picture. I think it's from the Kilgore/Chapel Hill regular season game last year.

2 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Palestine rested them since a win wouldn't affect the standings.

Not my son, just liked the picture. I think it's from the Kilgore/Chapel Hill regular season game last year.

That dude looks INTIMIDATING. Just built like a D-lineman is supposed to be built 

Pulling for Palestine, but Lumberton was pretty tough last year and don’t think they lost much to graduation. I would expect them to be as good or better this year. 

I think it would be an upset if the other 3 didn’t win. But hey, it happens every week to someone. Can’t take any weeks off now but our 4 teams are already used to that. 

Looking at the playoff bracket...

Kilgore and Lindale are in the bottom half of the bracket.

Kilgore will plow through LCM and get El Campo in the 2nd round. I'd put our odds at about 80% to win that one and move on to round 3.

Lindale will beat Vidor and get Houston-Washington in round 2. Washington is 9-0 and blowing people out. But, they are a Houston ISD team and we know what kind of schedule they play. Every opponent they've had has a losing record and most all of them are just flat out terrible. Lindale has a good chance of taking that one.

That would set up a Kilgore/Lindale rematch in round 3. Winner of that one inevitably gets Chapel Hill in the Regional Championship. Lumberton is the only team in the top half of the bracket that has a snowball's chance against CH and that would be in round 3. Lumberton is pretty good, really good QB and they brag about their speed guys... but they will find out what speed really looks like when they play Chapel Hill.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

Looking at the playoff bracket...

Kilgore and Lindale are in the bottom half of the bracket.

Kilgore will plow through LCM and get El Campo in the 2nd round. I'd put our odds at about 80% to win that one and move on to round 3.

Lindale will beat Vidor and get Houston-Washington in round 2. Washington is 9-0 and blowing people out. But, they are a Houston ISD team and we know what kind of schedule they play. Every opponent they've had has a losing record and most all of them are just flat out terrible. Lindale has a good chance of taking that one.

That would set up a Kilgore/Lindale rematch in round 3. Winner of that one inevitably gets Chapel Hill in the Regional Championship. Lumberton is the only team in the top half of the bracket that has a snowball's chance against CH and that would be in round 3. Lumberton is pretty good, really good QB and they brag about their speed guys... but they will find out what speed really looks like when they play Chapel Hill.

I’d give Lumbo about a 10% chance of beating CHill, they haven’t seen speed yet 

46 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

Listened to the El Campo game tonight.... Reuben Owens is all that they have. Don't think they threw a forward pass. 

He may be, but that coach has tailored that offense around him. 2 or 3 backs in backfield, MAYBE 1 receiver, turn, pitch to owens and QB blocks for him too. He gets at least 2 pulling linemen out in front of him and so he has 4-5 blockers out front. It's a tough offense to stop. I'm confident Kilgore can do it, but it is tough to stop. They had a lot more weapons last year too. A receiver or 2 and Had another D-1 back that went somewhere in Arkansas if I'm not mistaken. Davis was his last name. Ran real mean, with anger. Owens more of a finesse back who shies away from contact and likes to run out of bounds before he gets hit. 

7 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

He may be, but that coach has tailored that offense around him. 2 or 3 backs in backfield, MAYBE 1 receiver, turn, pitch to owens and QB blocks for him too. He gets at least 2 pulling linemen out in front of him and so he has 4-5 blockers out front. It's a tough offense to stop. I'm confident Kilgore can do it, but it is tough to stop. They had a lot more weapons last year too. A receiver or 2 and Had another D-1 back that went somewhere in Arkansas if I'm not mistaken. Davis was his last name. Ran real mean, with anger. Owens more of a finesse back who shies away from contact and likes to run out of bounds before he gets hit. 

Yes, we played against Davis and Owens 2 years ago. Davis was a much more physical back but we shut him down. Owens broke one big run on a broken play but that was it. I think Davis got so frustrated that he got tossed in the 4th. That EC team was a lot better than this year's version.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

Yes, we played against Davis and Owens 2 years ago. Davis was a much more physical back but we shut him down. Owens broke one big run on a broken play but that was it. I think Davis got so frustrated that he got tossed in the 4th. That EC team was a lot better than this year's version.

And yes Kilgore got gashed by a great RB in Stewart last night but Chapel Hill is a totally different animal than EC. CH has 5, sometimes 6 guys on offense that can house it on any given play. They put quads out to one side to empty the box and you know the rest. El Campo goes 2 TE's or loaded backfield and you know who's getting the ball. Doesn't matter how good the RB is, if you let a good run defense drop 9 or 10 in the box.... you're not going to score many points. That's why EC goes 9-1 or 10-0 every year and gets bounced in the 2nd round.

• Like 1