2022 District of Doom 9-4A D1

LetsGoEagles

1 hour ago, Stankylegg said:
1 hour ago, Stankylegg said:

If Palestine can make a few more strides, it could be a D9 sweep next year.  

Idk that Pali can challenge the big 3 or what their ceiling is but they have the potential to be a really strong 4th seed. Heck, they were a pretty good 4th seed this year...just not good enough to knock off a 1 seed. The other 3 programs in the district are a long ways from being competitive.

On 11/22/2022 at 8:45 PM, EnjoyLife said:

Idk that Pali can challenge the big 3 or what their ceiling is but they have the potential to be a really strong 4th seed. Heck, they were a pretty good 4th seed this year...just not good enough to knock off a 1 seed. The other 3 programs in the district are a long ways from being competitive.

Pali was 3rd in 2021. Defeated CH at their place. Henderson lost to Kilgore by 1 in 2021. Lost to Lindale by 7. There is NOT a huge difference between the schools in district. Some on here would like to act snooty about how good their teams are. In reality, 2022 was a down year for Henderson and Palestine.

1 hour ago, coachingforfreeclothes said:

Pali was 3rd in 2021. Defeated CH at their place. Henderson lost to Kilgore by 1 in 2021. Lost to Lindale by 7. There is NOT a huge difference between the schools in district. Some on here would like to act snooty about how good their teams are. In reality, 2022 was a down year for Henderson and Palestine.

The reality is this...Henderson and Palestine are not on the same level as CH/Kilgore/Lindale.

CH/Kilgore/Lindale have combined for 

1 State Title Appearance (Lindale in 2020 and possibly another this year)

2 State Semi Final Appearances (Lindale in 2020 / CH in 2021)

5 out of a possible 6 regional finalist teams in the last three years (Lindale/Kilgore 2020...CH/LCM 2021...CH/Kilgore 2022)

not to mention a bunch of playoff victories and three different district champions in the past three years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coachingforfreeclothes said:

You are correct about a Pal vs CH, but the thing that doesn’t show is that was the game when the CH QB change was made midway through the game.

I’ve said on here a couple times that it blows my mind that Henderson wasn’t  more competitive this year.  They had size and speed, but the coaching was atrocious.  Not many folks on here are acting snooty though.     

On 11/29/2022 at 11:24 AM, Stankylegg said:

You are correct about a Pal vs CH, but the thing that doesn’t show is that was the game when the CH QB change was made midway through the game.

I’ve said on here a couple times that it blows my mind that Henderson wasn’t  more competitive this year.  They had size and speed, but the coaching was atrocious.  Not many folks on here are acting snooty though.     

I'm expecting Henderson to be back.

Beginning in 2010 when Henderson won the state title through last year: (if my math and Maxpreps are correct):

Henderson has played in 30 playoff games

Chapel Hill has played in 27 playoff games

Kilgore has played in 30 playoff games

Lindale has only played in 15 playoff games, but 9 of them were the past three years

Throw in all of GoodOleBoy73's numbers and that's quite a resume for this district.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

I'm expecting Henderson to be back.

Beginning in 2010 when Henderson won the state title through last year: (if my math and Maxpreps are correct):

Henderson has played in 30 playoff games

Chapel Hill has played in 27 playoff games

Kilgore has played in 30 playoff games

Lindale has only played in 15 playoff games, but 9 of them were the past three years

Throw in all of GoodOleBoy73's numbers and that's quite a resume for this district.

I have Kilgore at 34.

On 12/2/2022 at 8:14 AM, GoodOleBoy73 said:

People love to say it's not the DOD anymore...but the numbers say otherwise. I think our Region would say otherwise too.

It’s one of those things where it will get questioned every year, even by me.  The teams have to go prove it each season.  I believe this year it was once again proven.  Two teams knocked out by fellow district teams with the region crown staying in district yet again.

Ain't any teams from SETX begging to come play in it.  That’s for sure.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stankylegg said:

It’s one of those things where it will get questioned every year, even by me.  The teams have to go prove it each season.  I believe this year it was once again proven.  Two teams knocked out by fellow district teams with the region crown staying in district yet again.

Stanky, you watch any Boerne film yet?

3 hours ago, Stankylegg said:

I don’t get why people put down the DoD. Jelly I guess. If I’m not mistaken, we were 1 of only 4 districts in the entire state to have 3 or more teams left by round 3. SMH 

40 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

I don’t get why people put down the DoD. Jelly I guess. If I’m not mistaken, we were 1 of only 4 districts in the entire state to have 3 or more teams left by round 3. SMH 

Might be even doomier in '23. That Chapel Hill freight train ain't going anywhere anytime soon. Kilgore will reload and could be better. Lindale will always be in the hunt. I figure Palestine will be improved next year.

4 hours ago, Stankylegg said:

I got geeky and did some research on this year's 4A D1 schools to see which teams played in the most playoff games beginning in 2020 (when Lindale joined our district) and up to this past week's games. They have to be current 4A D1 schools and must have played at least 8 playoff games beginning in 2020. And they have to have made to the second round this year.

14 games - China Spring                                                                                                             

12 games - Celina, Chapel Hill                                                                                                                

11 games - Lindale, Kilgore                                                                                                                   

10 games - Boerne, Stephenville                                                                                                           

9 games - Calallen                                                                                                                                 

8 games - Decatur, Canyon, Randall, La Vega

Here are some high-profile schools who were 4A D1 last year and their number of playoff games played since 2020.

13 games - LBJ Austin, Argyle                                                                                                               

11 games - Melissa                                                                                                                                 

9 games - Springtown, Hirschi                                                                                                             

8 games - La Vega

Edited by KildogDad
  • Like 2

On 12/3/2022 at 6:37 PM, Aggie98 said:

Stanky, you watch any Boerne film yet?

I have.  Similar to Lumberton.  Offensive line is exceptional.  Their defense is slow and lacks athletes, but they don’t make a lot of defensive mistakes.   I think the Lumberton QB is better than the Boerne QB, and I think the Lumberton RB is better than the Boerne RB, but the difference is that offensive line.  Gotta score points and make them play keep up.

• Thanks 1

On 12/3/2022 at 8:40 PM, KildogDad said:

I got geeky and did some research on this year's 4A D1 schools to see which teams played in the most playoff games beginning in 2020 (when Lindale joined our district) and up to this past week's games. They have to be current 4A D1 schools and must have played at least 8 playoff games beginning in 2020. And they have to have made to the second round this year.

14 games - China Spring                                                                                                             

12 games - Celina, Chapel Hill                                                                                                                

11 games - Lindale, Kilgore                                                                                                                   

10 games - Boerne, Stephenville                                                                                                           

9 games - Calallen                                                                                                                                 

8 games - Decatur, Canyon, Randall, La Vega

Here are some high-profile schools who were 4A D1 last year and their number of playoff games played since 2020.

13 games - LBJ Austin, Argyle                                                                                                               

11 games - Melissa                                                                                                                                 

9 games - Springtown, Hirschi                                                                                                             

8 games - La Vega

No question historically this is the DOD.  Gotta finish out this season strong and then all go have a good offseason and come back ready to earn it again. 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 5:59 PM, Stankylegg said:

I have.  Similar to Lumberton.  Offensive line is exceptional.  Their defense is slow and lacks athletes, but they don’t make a lot of defensive mistakes.   I think the Lumberton QB is better than the Boerne QB, and I think the Lumberton RB is better than the Boerne RB, but the difference is that offensive line.  Gotta score points and make them play keep up.

from what ive seen they will get defenses sleeping with a pass running back out of backfield after clearing out the WRS twins or trips to that side