2022 District of Doom 9-4A D1

LetsGoEagles

28 minutes ago, Jknight03 said:

from what ive seen they will get defenses sleeping with a pass running back out of backfield after clearing out the WRS twins or trips to that side 

RB out of the backfield and middle of the field between 3-10 yards is almost always open on any HS football field.  Traditionally LBs at this level are very one dimensional, and most can’t pass cover very well.  

17 hours ago, Stankylegg said:

RB out of the backfield and middle of the field between 3-10 yards is almost always open on any HS football field.  Traditionally LBs at this level are very one dimensional, and most can’t pass cover very well.  

hope that Mcfarline prepared the boys for it 

Edited by Jknight03

2 hours ago, DogNation said:

Hearing about a changing of the guard at Henderson. Should we expect a #SteppBomb soon?

As expected. I believe his kids are graduating so not a surprise. Leadership is lacking and hopefully the Lions get back being competitive.

10 hours ago, Jknight03 said:

hope that Mcfarline prepared the boys for it 

Honestly if that’s how Boerne is trying to attack that QB will end up screwing up.  As good as that O-Line is.  That QB is a liability. He will end up throwing a couple picks if they put it in his shoulders.  CH better come ready to score some points and make it a track meet. 

17 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

Honestly if that’s how Boerne is trying to attack that QB will end up screwing up.  As good as that O-Line is.  That QB is a liability. He will end up throwing a couple picks if they put it in his shoulders.  CH better come ready to score some points and make it a track meet. 

As a sophomore Qb and think the pressure to make a big play will get to him because he or the team or coach has never been to a state Semi-Finals..and their defense relys on alot of gang tackling, top 2 in solo tackles 43 and 41 are the coaches kids #14 and #22.  Solo 335 and asst tck 815. So open field tackling might be advantage we can exploit...our top 2 in solo tackles 100 and 80 . Solo 614 asst tackles 482

1 hour ago, Jknight03 said:

As a sophomore Qb and think the pressure to make a big play will get to him because he or the team or coach has never been to a state Semi-Finals..and their defense relys on alot of gang tackling, top 2 in solo tackles 43 and 41 are the coaches kids #14 and #22.  Solo 335 and asst tck 815. So open field tackling might be advantage we can exploit...our top 2 in solo tackles 100 and 80 . Solo 614 asst tackles 482

I’ve seen some weird stay lines on tackles.  22 Hutson Hendrix is the leading tackler, I can assure you he’s had way more solo tackles than that.  Most of Boerne’s opponents have been ground and pound offenses, not a lot of real speed on the outside edges save for Flour Bluff (5A-2 Quarterfinalist) and Antonian Prep (Quality Private Squad).  It’s probably a lot easier to credit multiple tacklers than to spot the main man in the pile when the ball is up the middle 75% of the plays.

26 minutes ago, navscanmaster said:

I’ve seen some weird stay lines on tackles.  22 Hutson Hendrix is the leading tackler, I can assure you he’s had way more solo tackles than that.  Most of Boerne’s opponents have been ground and pound offenses, not a lot of real speed on the outside edges save for Flour Bluff (5A-2 Quarterfinalist) and Antonian Prep (Quality Private Squad).  It’s probably a lot easier to credit multiple tacklers than to spot the main man in the pile when the ball is up the middle 75% of the plays.

Anybody that knows HS football, knows you can’t put much faith in defensive statistics.   If anything I look at the gang tackling as a plus for Boerne for swarming the ball.  That’s what it takes to stop CH in the open field.  Lots of hats coming as fast as possible.  

1 hour ago, Stankylegg said:

Anybody that knows HS football, knows you can’t put much faith in defensive statistics.   If anything I look at the gang tackling as a plus for Boerne for swarming the ball.  That’s what it takes to stop CH in the open field.  Lots of hats coming as fast as possible.  

Ohh slickey Ricky will usually make the frist guy miss. 

10 minutes ago, Jknight03 said:

Ohh slickey Ricky will usually make the frist guy miss. 

Which is exactly why a solo tackle team is meaningless to someone like him.  A team that can quickly get 3-4 hats all closing down on him right on top of each other has a chance to make a stop.  1 on 1, the odds aren’t good for whoever is trying to bring him down.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cotton84 said:

C H and Kilgore were good and Lindale was pretty good as well……but 35 - 0 pretty much shows this was not the district of doom. 

I wouldn’t necessarily say that. Sometimes you run into a superior opponent. This district was well represented.

6 hours ago, cotton84 said:

C H and Kilgore were good and Lindale was pretty good as well……but 35 - 0 pretty much shows this was not the district of doom. 

I don’t know. CH got within 5 yards of scoring and fumbled? And had a wide open receiver over the middle overthrown… this game could have easily gone another way if you play again. I don’t think it’s 35-0 every time. 

• Like 4

On 12/10/2022 at 3:35 AM, cotton84 said:

Wasn't the original DoD when Cartridge, Hennason, Kilgo, and Chappa Hill all had played won state championships in a very small window of time?

• Like 1

You don't have to win a state championship for it to be the district of doom. This district has shown to be the most competitive district. They have had someone in the district at least go to the semifinals the last 3 years. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KildogDad said:

Wasn't the original DoD when Cartridge, Hennason, Kilgo, and Chappa Hill all had played won state championships in a very small window of time?

Original DOD was Carthage, Gilmer, Henderson, Pittsburg in 2010. Carthage and Gilmer has just won a state championship in 2009. Henderson was dropping from old 4a. Pitt had gone to the regional final in 2009 if I remember correctly. We know what Carthage and Henderson did in 2010. Kilgore and CH joined a couple years later. Carthage was in and out of the district depending on where the UIL put them until 4a split D1 and D2.

Edited by SmoakyBandito