2022 District of Doom 9-4A D1

LetsGoEagles

15 hours ago, Stankylegg said:

All 4 teams winning this week is the first and biggest step towards earning the DOD title. 

You think Palestine will beat Lumberton?  Seriously?  Anything’s possible I guess, even Livingston beating CHill, but doubtful.  
☠️☠️☠️😂😂😂☠️☠️☠️

On 10/28/2022 at 4:15 PM, Aggie98 said:

I watched a live stream of the Lumberton - LCM game last night. Lumberton won 41-7. LCM was woefully bad. They have a pretty good running back and a pretty good DE, but every other position on their team was average to below average.

Lumberton is pretty solid. They have a good defense and a very efficient passing offense with 3 good receivers and a quality QB who can also run a bit. They don't run the ball much, and when they do it's with a RB that looks and runs like a pulling guard. If I had to compare them to a team we've played this year I'd say they are Hallsville with a little better defense. They are also very mouthy, but that could have just been a rivalry thing... I don't know.

They will most likely beat our 4 seed, but I would not lay money on them against Lindale.

You’re correct about the “rivalry” thing.  Most Districts have at least two that mix like oil & water and LCM & Ltown are our two.

Any in DOD?

25 minutes ago, Hagar said:

You’re correct about the “rivalry” thing.  Most Districts have at least two that mix like oil & water and LCM & Ltown are our two.

Any in DOD?

Chapel Hill vs Lindale has turned into a pretty  big rivalry. 
Kilgore vs Henderson is another good one in the district 

Edited by Chill5000

37 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Any in DOD?

Chapel Hill and Lindale don't like each other very much.

Kilgore and Henderson used to get bad ugly. It's been pretty peaceful the last 5 or 6 years.

2 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Detente is a wonderful thing, lol.

Agreed. And when I say ugly... I mean bad ugly. There was a period there that when the two teams came out to shake hands after the game.... it was a 50/50 chance of a full out brawl. It changed around 2017 when we played each other in an absolute war of a 3rd round playoff game. Henderson made a goal line stand at the end of the game to win 20 - 14 I think. After the game, Henderson's head coach called both teams to midfield and they locked hands and prayed together. It was a class act. Ever since then there has been a detente as you said. 

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Any in DOD?

I can’t speak for the other school in the DOD, but for CH…

Henderson is a long time rivalry.  The year CH won their first SC in 1989, Henderson beat CH in district.  Then 21 years later, CH & Hendo faced off against each other in the SC, with Hendo taking the W.  There’s not much love there and it’s usually a really close game, except for the couple years where CH has that idiot Hooker as the HC and then here recently with Henderson joke of a staff.

Athens is always nasty.  I have relatives that had death threats at games back in the early 80s.  In the mid 2000s they were the nastiest, dirtiest team we played.  Fast forward a few years there was a brawl on the field in like 2009 season. Even the soccer teams hate each other.  

Lindale is kind of a recent rivalry that may or may not truly develop into a staple rivalry depending on district alignments and enrollment numbers.  

CH vs Kilgore, Jacksonville, Palestine, are long time battles.  I don’t know if I would call them rivalries, because it’s not like Kilgore and CH hate each other.  Jacksonville used to be pretty close to a rivalry back in the 90s.  Now it’s pretty one-sided.  Same with Palestine.   

Edited by Stankylegg
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

You think Palestine will beat Lumberton?  Seriously?  Anything’s possible I guess, even Livingston beating CHill, but doubtful.  
☠️☠️☠️😂😂😂☠️☠️☠️

I didn’t say that’s what I think will happen.  I’ve stated in this thread that I’m not so sure this is the DOD anymore.  If that title is to be claimed, a total sweep is the right first step.  If that doesn’t happen, it might could still be claimed, but it depends more on how other districts show up in round 1 across the state.  

20 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

Yes, we played against Davis and Owens 2 years ago. Davis was a much more physical back but we shut him down. Owens broke one big run on a broken play but that was it. I think Davis got so frustrated that he got tossed in the 4th. That EC team was a lot better than this year's version.

I just don’t see them getting past any of the top three D9 teams. 

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

☠️☠️☠️😂😂😂☠️☠️☠️

Palestine has a decent running game... but they have no defense. They won't beat Lumberton.

35 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

I didn’t say that’s what I think will happen.  I’ve stated in this thread that I’m not so sure this is the DOD anymore.  If that title is to be claimed, a total sweep is the right first step.  If that doesn’t happen, it might could still be claimed, but it depends more on how other districts show up in round 1 across the state.  

This district won't be doom-worthy until Henderson makes some drastic changes. No offense to Palestine, Jax, or Athens... but those programs just don't have the ceiling that Henderson does. 

• Like 1
  • SMH 1

2 hours ago, Stankylegg said:

Thanks for the clarification.  You might possibly see how I could misconstrue your post, which I did.  Despite sweeping or not, District 9 is very tough.  Districts 1 through 5 only have 5 teams each.  I could see one of them getting swept.  Then there’s District 11 that our District (10) could probably sweep.  There’s usually a few tougher teams, but I’d bet 9 would certainly be in the top three Districts.  That’s Doom enough for those of us in 10, lol.

4 hours ago, KildogDad said:

That’s great! Some of your fans told me at our game that it going to be in Houston.

We were hearing new caney but supposedly livingston coach wouldn’t agree to that so they had a flip last night. Just glad it’s lufkin! We went to

houston 3 out of 4 weeks last year in playoffs! The other was against you guys and then to frisco at the star. Which was very cool. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

This district won't be doom-worthy until Henderson makes some drastic changes. No offense to Palestine, Jax, or Athens... but those programs just don't have the ceiling that Henderson does. 

Henderson folks don’t prioritize football, or so it would seem. I could be wrong but the lack of discipline reflects leadership.  This starts at the lower levels. Perception is everything. 

On 11/4/2022 at 9:25 PM, Aggie98 said:

Yes, we played against Davis and Owens 2 years ago. Davis was a much more physical back but we shut him down. Owens broke one big run on a broken play but that was it. I think Davis got so frustrated that he got tossed in the 4th. That EC team was a lot better than this year's version.

Was that big run just before halftime?

6 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

Henderson folks don’t prioritize football, or so it would seem. I could be wrong but the lack of discipline reflects leadership.  This starts at the lower levels. Perception is everything. 

Believe me, Henderson is working on fixing the dumpster fire that has been the last two years.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 6:38 PM, Aggie98 said:

Yeah...no disrespect to those programs but I think there is truth in that. 

On 10/28/2022 at 9:37 AM, LetsGoEagles said:

While I would love to give CHIll a hard time for being scared of rain, I see it as a brilliant strategy move on their coach's part. Athens is done. No chance of the playoffs, so why not ask them to move up. It gives CHill an extra day of prep for Kilgore, who has their bye week this week. I have to applaud Chill for thinking of that. They were gonna beat Athens regardless so why not? Smart. 

so playing in the rain against Jacksonville(known passing team) was a smart choice for lindale too 

• Like 1