2022 District of Doom 9-4A D1

LetsGoEagles

4A DI Region III Bay City (7-3) Houston Yates (5-5) Bay City favored by 23
4A DI Region III El Campo (8-2) Houston Worthing (4-6) El Campo favored by 44
4A DI Region III Houston Washington (10-0) Freeport Brazosport (5-5) Houston Washington favored by 15
4A DI Region III Kilgore (7-3) Little Cypress-Mauriceville (6-4) Kilgore favored by 7
4A DI Region III Lindale (6-4) Vidor (6-4) Lindale favored by 11
4A DI Region III Lumberton (9-1) Palestine (4-5) Lumberton favored by 35
4A DI Region III Stafford (6-4) Houston Furr (8-2) Stafford favored by 5
4A DI Region III Tyler Chapel Hill (8-2) Livingston (4-6) Tyler Chapel Hill favored by 27

37 minutes ago, Jknight03 said:
4A DI Region III Houston Washington (10-0) Freeport Brazosport (5-5) Houston Washington favored by 15
4A DI Region III Kilgore (7-3) Little Cypress-Mauriceville (6-4) Kilgore favored by 7
4A DI Region III Tyler Chapel Hill (8-2) Livingston (4-6) Tyler Chapel Hill favored by 27

Tyler Chapel Hill (8-2) vs. Livingston (4-6), 7 p.m. Thursday at Lufkin’s Martin Stadium Stepp’s Pick: Tyler Chapel Hill by 20

Bay City (7-3) vs. Houston Yates (5-5), 7 p.m. Friday at Houston’s Barnett Stadium Stepp’s Pick: Bay City by 25

Lumberton (9-1) vs. Palestine (4-5), 7 p.m. Thursday at Shenandoah’s Woodforest Bank Stadium Stepp’s Pick: Lumberton by 11

Houston Furr (8-2) vs. Stafford (6-4), 7 p.m. Thursday at Houston’s Barnett Stadium Stepp’s Pick: Stafford by 27

Houston Washington (10-0) vs. Brazosport (5-5), 7 p.m. Friday at Freeport’s Hopper Field Stepp’s Pick: Brazosport by 7

Vidor (6-4) vs. Lindale (6-4), 7 p.m. Friday at Bryan’s Green Stadium Stepp’s Pick: Lindale by 2

El Campo (8-2) vs. Houston Worthing (4-6), 7 p.m. Thursday at Katy’s Legacy Stadium Stepp’s Pick: El Campo by 37

Kilgore (7-3) vs. Little Cypress-Mauriceville (6-4), 7 p.m. Friday at Lufkin’s Martin Stadium Stepp’s Pick: Kilgore by 13

This made me laugh 

Houston Washington (10-0) vs. Brazosport (5-5), 7 p.m. Friday at Freeport’s Hopper Field Stepp’s Pick: Brazosport by 7

Product of a soft schedule lol.

Houston Furr (8-2) vs. Stafford (6-4), 7 p.m. Thursday at Houston’s Barnett Stadium Stepp’s Pick: Stafford by 27 

Houston can’t play football lol.

1 hour ago, Jknight03 said:

Tyler Chapel Hill (8-2) vs. Livingston (4-6), 7 p.m. Thursday at Lufkin’s Martin Stadium Stepp’s Pick: Tyler Chapel Hill by 20

Bay City (7-3) vs. Houston Yates (5-5), 7 p.m. Friday at Houston’s Barnett Stadium Stepp’s Pick: Bay City by 25

Lumberton (9-1) vs. Palestine (4-5), 7 p.m. Thursday at Shenandoah’s Woodforest Bank Stadium Stepp’s Pick: Lumberton by 11

Vidor (6-4) vs. Lindale (6-4), 7 p.m. Friday at Bryan’s Green Stadium Stepp’s Pick: Lindale by 2

El Campo (8-2) vs. Houston Worthing (4-6), 7 p.m. Thursday at Katy’s Legacy Stadium Stepp’s Pick: El Campo by 37

Kilgore (7-3) vs. Little Cypress-Mauriceville (6-4), 7 p.m. Friday at Lufkin’s Martin Stadium Stepp’s Pick: Kilgore by 13

Sideline to Sideline Coach "X" picked Palestine.

Sideline to Sideline Coach "X" picked Washington.

Interesting on both

3 hours ago, Jknight03 said:

where did you see these? 

4 hours ago, Raider20 said:

Sideline to Sideline Coach "X" picked Palestine.

Sideline to Sideline Coach "X" picked Washington.

Interesting on both

Coach "x" NEVER HEARD OF HER.... Dave campbell's texas football magazine has been there before internet

You know, you can't really argue with the top-half of the DoD being solid. I know, it's not like the original DoD, it has had it's challenges on the bottom half lately, but in the last 2 years we've got a state finalist, a state semi-finalist and Kilgore has been in the R3 final BOTH years. This year we've got Chill as a high favorite to make at least state semis again if not the championship game and perhaps win the whole dang thing and I can see Kilgore or Lindale playing them for the R3 championship again this year (El Campo could ruin that, yes). There aren't many districts that can say that. Just like to beat the D9 chest a little. Side note: before anyone says it, I will. Lindale is more than capable of losing to Vidor Friday, so let me stop you there. We go as far as our defense takes us this year. Let's go DoD! Make some noise!   

Edited by LetsGoEagles
  • Roll Eyes 1

1 hour ago, LetsGoEagles said:

You know, you can't really argue with the top-half of the DoD being solid. I know, it's not like the original DoD, it has had it's challenges on the bottom half lately, but in the last 2 years we've got a state finalist, a state semi-finalist and Kilgore has been in the R3 final BOTH years. This year we've got Chill as a high favorite to make at least state semis again if not the championship game and perhaps win the whole dang thing and I can see Kilgore or Lindale playing them for the R3 championship again this year (El Campo could ruin that, yes). There aren't many districts that can say that. Just like to beat the D9 chest a little. Side note: before anyone says it, I will. Lindale is more than capable of losing to Vidor Friday, so let me stop you there. We go as far as our defense takes us this year. Let's go DoD! Make some noise!   

Not trying to take anything away from Lumberton, they have a very good team this year. Just don't see them beating CHill. But I could be wrong, they are very deserving of their ranking, and I think we're going to find out in round 3. 

5 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Not trying to take anything away from Lumberton, they have a very good team this year. Just don't see them beating CHill. But I could be wrong, they are very deserving of their ranking, and I think we're going to find out in round 3. 

I'm not sold on Lumberton, I'm sorry (not sorry) the win over 3AD1 Tatum 6-4 was 48-42 at neutral site and they allowed 451 yards rushing. i think you dont come out with a W playing any District 9 team if you give up that many yards in one game plus they played LCM and Vidor in Lumberton 

Edited by Jknight03
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jknight03 said:

I'm not sold on Lumberton, I'm sorry (not sorry) the win over 3AD1 Tatum 6-4 was 48-42 at neutral site and they allowed 400 yards rushing. i think you come out with a W playing any District 9 team if you give up that many yards in one game plus they played LCM and Vidor in Lumberton 

I totally understand that. The good news about ALL of this talking we do...... we about to find out in a few short weeks! Now, I have been told that Lumberton MAY be the most trash talking 4A team in the state. Gonna be interesting to see how that goes. Again, that is just something someone who has played against them told me. We gonna find out if they can back it up. 

16 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

I totally understand that. The good news about ALL of this talking we do...... we about to find out in a few short weeks! Now, I have been told that Lumberton MAY be the most trash talking 4A team in the state. Gonna be interesting to see how that goes. Again, that is just something someone who has played against them told me. We gonna find out if they can back it up. 

im working in houston right now with a guy that graduated from Lumberton and he is talking trash alot of trash....7 playoffs in the 55 year history idk man ill i can say is we will see 

and you should listen to this http://cdogg.libsyn.com/class-4a-110922

Edited by Jknight03

On 11/4/2022 at 7:02 PM, Aggie98 said:

Looking at the playoff bracket...

Kilgore and Lindale are in the bottom half of the bracket.

Kilgore will plow through LCM and get El Campo in the 2nd round. I'd put our odds at about 80% to win that one and move on to round 3.

Lindale will beat Vidor and get Houston-Washington in round 2. Washington is 9-0 and blowing people out. But, they are a Houston ISD team and we know what kind of schedule they play. Every opponent they've had has a losing record and most all of them are just flat out terrible. Lindale has a good chance of taking that one.

That would set up a Kilgore/Lindale rematch in round 3. Winner of that one inevitably gets Chapel Hill in the Regional Championship. Lumberton is the only team in the top half of the bracket that has a snowball's chance against CH and that would be in round 3. Lumberton is pretty good, really good QB and they brag about their speed guys... but they will find out what speed really looks like when they play Chapel Hill.

Geez. Houston Washington (10-0) coming into tonight lost to a 5 - 5 Brazosport team 27 - 18. That's how bad Houston ISD teams are. Lindale gets Brazosport in rd 2.

On 11/12/2022 at 2:09 AM, LetsGoEagles said:

I know. That D11 is absolute hot garbage 

4A DI Region III Lumberton (10-1) Stafford  (7-4) Lumberton (10-1) favored by 14
4A DI Region III Tyler Chapel Hill (9-2) Bay City  (8-3) Tyler Chapel Hill (9-2) favored by 10
4A DI Region III Lindale (7-4) Freeport Brazosport  (6-5) Lindale (7-4) favored by 5
4A DI Region III El Campo (9-2) Kilgore  (8-3) El Campo (9-2) favored by 4