2022 District of Doom 9-4A D1

21 minutes ago, VonG said:

A fan from afar. I can honestly say. Chapel Hill Bulldogs football team will be very good this year. 

They seem to have better depth and size this year......

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

What was the format of the scrimmage?

4 live quarters. First team ran the 1st and 3rd quarters. CH starters 21-0 and CH backups 21-7. Not sure the quality of Pitt but CH looked pretty decent for a 1st scrimmage 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CHDog77 said:

4 live quarters. First team ran the 1st and 3rd quarters. CH starters 21-0 and CH backups 21-7. Not sure the quality of Pitt but CH looked pretty decent for a 1st scrimmage 

Pitt is Div 2 and picked to finish 3rd or 4th in their district I believe. 

Favorite time of year! High school football is back!

Lindale will be pounding the rock this year bringing back their entire O-line plus some scrappy running backs.  A little bit of disheartening news is our center broke his hand during scrimmage against Sulphur springs. Much respect for our district.  Will be battle to come out on top. 

• Like 1

I agree with most everyone on here. I see Lindale, Kilgore, and CHill in the top 3 spots in no particular order. I mean I hope Lindale comes out on top lol. Anyway the number four spot I think will be either Henderson or Palestine. Just ready to get the season going and for some cooler weather 🥵

Jacksonville scrimmaged Kaufman, another 4A D1 school, picked to make the playoffs. Very even scrimmage. In the controlled scrimmage, Kaufman won 2-1. In the LIVE 2 quarters, JAX won 17-14. Ryan McCown threw 3 TDs overall, Devin McCuin had over 100 yards receiving, Jesus Nunez had a 29-yd FG, Koda Canady had two acrobatic catches and clinching scrimmage-win pick at the end, Jayden Boyd, 240lb RB had over 50 yards rushing and 2 catches out of the backfield for about 30 yards. Jermaine Taylor had some great carries, over 40 yards rushing and was a beast at LB. Defense played well, attacked the gaps,  but weren't really tested through the air as Kaufman QB was suspect throwing.  Kaufman has a solid OL and they have a stud RB #8. 

JAX has Bullard in a scrimmage this Thursday at Tomato Bowl.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Jacksonville scrimmaged Kaufman, another 4A D1 school, picked to make the playoffs. Very even scrimmage. In the controlled scrimmage, Kaufman won 2-1. In the LIVE 2 quarters, JAX won 17-14. Ryan McCown threw 3 TDs overall, Devin McCuin had over 100 yards receiving, Jesus Nunez had a 29-yd FG, Koda Canady had two acrobatic catches and clinching scrimmage-win pick at the end, Jayden Boyd, 240lb RB had over 50 yards rushing and 2 catches out of the backfield for about 30 yards. Jermaine Taylor had some great carries, over 40 yards rushing and was a beast at LB. Defense played well, attacked the gaps,  but weren't really tested through the air as Kaufman QB was suspect throwing.  Kaufman has a solid OL and they have a stud RB #8. 

JAX has Bullard in a scrimmage this Thursday at Tomato Bowl.

Excited to play in the Tomato Bowl this year......heard the upgrades are really nice! Really cool atmosphere too

• Like 2

How did everyone’s scrimmages go?

Lindale looked pretty good with the 1’s against Sulphur Springs and absolutely crushed Whitehouse with the 1’s. I think Lindale is going to be solid this year if they can stay healthy. 

• Like 4

Anyone want to predict the outcomes for this week's games?

Kilgore @ Carthage

Palestine @ Nacogdoches

Jacksonville @ Sulphur Springs

Lindale @ Kaufman

Liberty Eylau @ Henderson

Brownsboro @ Athens

Gilmer @ Chapel Hill

2 hours ago, KildogDad said:

Kilgore @ Carthage

Palestine @ Nacogdoches

Lindale @ Kaufman

Brownsboro @ Athens

Gilmer @ Chapel Hill

I’ll take a crack at it

Carthage over Kilgore

Nac over Palestine

SS over Jax

Lindale over Kaufman

Henderson over LE

Athens over Brownsboro

Gilmer over CH

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 8:04 PM, KildogDad said:

Kilgore @ Carthage

Palestine @ Nacogdoches

Lindale @ Kaufman

Brownsboro @ Athens

Gilmer @ Chapel Hill

You got any predictions?

On 8/20/2022 at 8:04 PM, KildogDad said:

Kilgore @ Carthage

Palestine @ Nacogdoches

Lindale @ Kaufman

Brownsboro @ Athens

Gilmer @ Chapel Hill

Carthage in a dog-fight (LoL)

Nac

JVille

The Dale

Hendo

Athens 

CHill

i truly think Kilgore can win that game  I’d say it’s a 50/50 toss up  if it was in Kilgore, I’d feel more comfortable picking Kilgore, will be checking that score OFTEN  

• LOL! 1