2022 District of Doom 9-4A D1

LetsGoEagles

9 hours ago, CHDog77 said:

It's produced a state finalist and semifinalist the last 2 years. Both years district mates are playing each other deep in the playoffs. That's a pretty good resume. We'll see how being in a different region will affect the playoff results. 

Aren’t we still in region 3? Did I miss something? 

2 hours ago, CHDog77 said:

Bingo....that must've stuck with me 

Lindale was screwed either way. CHill & Kilgore in R3 or SVille & China spring in R2 - I suspect the trophy is going to 1 of those 4. That’s my top 4 at least. In no particular order. Time will tell us how it shakes out. Don’t have a lot of faith in CCC or Boerne and their weak schedules. Fact is, most years, there are only a few teams that have a realistic shot at winning a trophy anyway. Just is what it is. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Don’t have a lot of faith in CCC or Boerne and their weak schedules.  

The COMBINED strength of schedule of CCC and Boerne according to Maxpreps, 8.3.

Chapel Hill has the weakest strength of schedule of the top three in District 9 at 19.3.

• Like 1

Region 3 looks dreadfully weak this year. Lumberton looks pretty good over in D10.... and there's always El Campo. But EC has already dropped 2 games and they're not exactly boat racing the weak teams around them like they normally do. Everyone else is very average. I'm fairly confident that either Kilgore or Chapel Hill wins the region, but there's still a lot of football left to be played.

• Like 1

Here's a peak at District 10:

Team              W-L     Remaining games             Projected finish

Lumberton     3-0      LCM, Livingston               5-0, LCM could change this  

Vidor               2-1      Hargrave, Splendora        4-1, last two teams combine for one win

LCM                2-1       Lumberton, Hargrave      3-2, lost tie-breaker to Vidor   

Livingston       1-2       Splendora, Lumberton    2-3, lost tie-breaker to LCM and Vidor  

Hargrave         1-2       Vidor, LCM                       1-4, finish the season against 2nd and 3rd best teams 

Splendora       0-3       Livingston, Vidor            0-5, doubt they beat Livingston

Wouldn't be surprised if it finished looking something like this. Livingston crushed Hargrave 69-34 for the final playoff spot.  

Edited by KildogDad
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

Vidor               2-1      Hargrave, Splendora        4-1, last two teams combine for one win

LCM                2-1       Lumberton, Hargrave      3-2, lost tie-breaker to Vidor   

Livingston       1-2       Splendora, Lumberton    2-3, lost tie-breaker to LCM and Vidor  

Hargrave         1-2       Vidor, LCM                       1-4, finish the season against 2nd and 3rd best teams 

Splendora       0-3       Livingston, Vidor            0-5, doubt they beat Livingston

Wouldn't be surprised if it finished looking something like this. Livingston crushed Hargrave 69-34 for the final playoff spot.  

Yeah, with the win over LCM Vidor has almost guaranteed themselves 2nd place and LCM 3rd. 

5 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

Palestine vs Henderson seems like a playoff game. 

Lindale takes care of business against Jacksonville. 

Chapel Hill easily handles Athens. 

Kilgore vs Chapel Hill will be a outstanding District Championship next week.

Nobody has spoken much about Athens...but man. I think they thought this was their year to sneak in. Another rough season. Just bad luck being in this district with Kilgore/CH/Lindale and a couple of other really athletic teams.

• Like 2

This district is tough, but it isn’t the DOD.  That title might can be reclaimed if the teams only lose to each other in the playoffs.  

That said, I do think a rep from this district has a real chance at a SC.  

Edited by Stankylegg

1 hour ago, Stankylegg said:

This district is tough, but it isn’t the DOD.  That title might can be reclaimed if the teams only lose to each other in the playoffs.  

That said, I do think a rep from this district has a real chance at a SC.  

You mean, like they have the last two years?

2020 was Lindale vs CH in the Regional Semis and Lindale vs Kilgore in the Regional Finals

2021 was Kilgore vs CH in the Regional Semis and CH made it to the State Semifinals.

People want to say it's not the DOD but it has been the same story the last two years since this district has been put together. I don't see it changing this year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bulldogs12 said:

District of DOOM

*unless there’s rain forecasted 

While I would love to give CHIll a hard time for being scared of rain, I see it as a brilliant strategy move on their coach's part. Athens is done. No chance of the playoffs, so why not ask them to move up. It gives CHill an extra day of prep for Kilgore, who has their bye week this week. I have to applaud Chill for thinking of that. They were gonna beat Athens regardless so why not? Smart. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 6:00 PM, KildogDad said:

I watched a live stream of the Lumberton - LCM game last night. Lumberton won 41-7. LCM was woefully bad. They have a pretty good running back and a pretty good DE, but every other position on their team was average to below average.

Lumberton is pretty solid. They have a good defense and a very efficient passing offense with 3 good receivers and a quality QB who can also run a bit. They don't run the ball much, and when they do it's with a RB that looks and runs like a pulling guard. If I had to compare them to a team we've played this year I'd say they are Hallsville with a little better defense. They are also very mouthy, but that could have just been a rivalry thing... I don't know.

They will most likely beat our 4 seed, but I would not lay money on them against Lindale.

Edited by Aggie98

5 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

I watched a live stream of the Lumberton - LCM game last night. Lumberton won 41-7. LCM was woefully bad. They have a pretty good running back and a pretty good DE, but every other position on their team was average to below average.

Lumberton is pretty solid. They have a good defense and a very efficient passing offense with 3 good receivers and a quality QB who can also run a bit. They don't run the ball much, and when they do it's with a RB that looks and runs like a pulling guard. If I had to compare them to a team we've played this year I'd say they are Hallsville with a little better defense. They are also very mouthy, but that could have just been a rivalry thing... I don't know.

They will most likely beat our 4 seed, but I would not lay money on them against Lindale.

Hopefully we win tonight and wrap up #3 and we’ll get LCM. BUT JAX  is playing tough. 22-14 at halftime in a lightning delay. We got stopped on the 1 on a great defensive stand by Jax and had an INt overturned for a TD. Or it would be 30-7. Defense is playing solid. Not a lot of passing so this will be a lower scoring game. Time flies by. 

So after last night results . Playoffs are pretty much set.

Kilgore /Chapel Hill duke it out for the championship. 

Lindale I suppose is locked up for third place. 

Palestine is 4th place. 

Henderson and Jacksonville 

Battle of the Basement.

Palestine plays Athens for pride . 

4 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

So after last night results . Playoffs are pretty much set.

Kilgore /Chapel Hill duke it out for the championship. 

Lindale I suppose is locked up for third place. 

Palestine is 4th place. 

Henderson and Jacksonville 

Battle of the Basement.

Palestine plays Athens for pride . 

We are locked into 3rd and get vidor in 1st round

Edited by LetsGoEagles
  • Thanks 1