2022 COOPER BULLDOGS

Realignment has moved the Dawgs into Region 3 for the next couple of years. Cooper returns several key pieces from last years 11-1 team & should still be head & shoulders above anybody in district 9. Thought’s or predictions for 2022? 

Non-District:

Grand Saline

@Hooks

Lone Oak

@Collinsville

District:

@Wolfe City

Rivercrest

Como-Pickton

Honey Grove

@Alba-Golden

@Quinlan-Boles

I’m thinking 10-0 is very possible again for the Dawgs or 9-1 (possible loss against Hooks) going into the playoffs if they stay healthy. 

Texas Hometown Football has Cooper ranked 13th just behind Tolar. THF have Cooper as big favorite in district play. The shift into Region III was not good. Timpson, Beckville and Centerville are ranked in the top 10. Cooper should be much improved and will be a factor in Region III. 

21 hours ago, THTFUIL said:

Texas Hometown Football has Cooper ranked 13th just behind Tolar. THF have Cooper as big favorite in district play. The shift into Region III was not good. Timpson, Beckville and Centerville are ranked in the top 10. Cooper should be much improved and will be a factor in Region III. 

Hmmm…played or watched all three play many times last year,and played competed against Beckville all summer in 7v7…

Bussy is a human cheat code,like bo Jackson but maybe a inch shorter.

Beckville lost Harris but is still electric in the pass game and heard they picked up some pieces in the offseason in free agency.should be solid again.

Centerville is like novacane,they gonna keep giving you dose’s of that slot game until they put you to sleep..

yeah,region three will be solid at the top again 👀

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think they will be challenged in district from a few teams Honey Grove will be much improved with a new coach. Rivercrest should be much improved after gaining a lot of experience. Wolfe City always plays tough. Won’t be an easy district championship. You never know with a high school football season what could happen to derail your season. I don’t think any of these teams can make a run at the region moving to Region 3 didn’t do this district any favors. I have enjoyed watching the Rebels over the years and I wish they would make a run and win a district championship again. Hopefully all the freshman and sophomores from last year gained enough experience to make an impact this season. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 11:21 AM, RivercrestRebels said:

I think they will be challenged in district from a few teams Honey Grove will be much improved with a new coach. Rivercrest should be much improved after gaining a lot of experience. Wolfe City always plays tough. Won’t be an easy district championship. You never know with a high school football season what could happen to derail your season. I don’t think any of these teams can make a run at the region moving to Region 3 didn’t do this district any favors. I have enjoyed watching the Rebels over the years and I wish they would make a run and win a district championship again. Hopefully all the freshman and sophomores from last year gained enough experience to make an impact this season. 

I hope you're right & a few teams step their game up & make the Dawgs work a little harder in district. I do think HG will be pretty good, but if Cooper stays healthy I think they roll to another undefeated district title. Cooper is the only team in this district that can maybe make a little noise in the region. 

• 3 weeks later...

The Bulldogs only regular season challenge will come from hooks. If they win that one they are 10-0 in regular season if not 9-1. No one in district will challenge us if we want to make a run in the playoffs. Going to region 3 definitely makes things a lot more difficult. Think we are 11-1 this year maybe 12-1 if we play great in our 2nd round playoff game. 

26 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

The Bulldogs only regular season challenge will come from hooks. If they win that one they are 10-0 in regular season if not 9-1. No one in district will challenge us if we want to make a run in the playoffs. Going to region 3 definitely makes things a lot more difficult. Think we are 11-1 this year maybe 12-1 if we play great in our 2nd round playoff game. 

I agree Hooks will be a big test. Region 3 is tough but even if they had stayed in Region 2 there’s still several really good teams in Crawford, Marlin, Coleman, & Tolar that they’d have to contend with. At the end of the day to be the best you got to beat the best anyway.

49 minutes ago, bluetopper said:

I followed Cooper and went to several of their games in 2013 when they had a great team but were one dimensional  and could only run and that got them in trouble the quarterfinals.  I’d like very much to see Cooper make it to Jerryworld. 

Would love to see them do well this year, but 2013 was a long time ago. 

8 hours ago, bluetopper said:

I followed Cooper and went to several of their games in 2013 when they had a great team but were one dimensional  and could only run and that got them in trouble the quarterfinals.  I’d like very much to see Cooper make it to Jerryworld. 

That 2013 team was really good & should've bowed out to Cisco in the semi-finals. Nobody was gonna beat that Cisco team that year, but a loss in the semi-finals to the eventual state champs would've been much easier to stomach than an embarrassing upset loss to the leonard bleeping tigers lol. 

So true. I drove to Royce City from Paris by myself, chipped and scraped ice off the aluminum bleachers to watch y’all play Leonard. I was so disgusted with the outcome. All y’all needed was a few plays of some timely passing to come out on top.

A week later I went to the Leonard/Cisco game too in Fort Worth. At the half it was 42-0. I was tickled. Leonard was in absolute shock.