Brittany Griner Is Living Her Best Life

Stoney

1 minute ago, EnjoyLife said:

The thug Putin is undoubtedly using her as a pawn but while nine years is very excessive to my American pov Ms Griner is in another country and is subject to their laws.

Not a WNBA fan, but I'd like to see her brought home. The problem is, I think if we acquiesce to Russia, I think it just encourages Russia and other unscrupulous countries to do the same thing. Especially since now Russia wants two brutal killers in return.

I'm not sure what the US does here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

The thug Putin is undoubtedly using her as a pawn but while nine years is very excessive to my American pov Ms Griner is in another country and is subject to their laws.

Something tells me Trump is going to talk to his homeboy Putin and get her back home. I could be wrong, but if that's the case and Trump wins the election in 2024, just remember you heard it here first.

3 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Something tells me Trump is going to talk to his homeboy Putin and get her back home. I could be wrong, but if that's the case and Trump wins the election in 2024, just remember you heard it here first.

Well, the current administration has been told that Russia wants the "Merchant of Death" and one other murderer in return for Griner and that Reporter (I forget his name).

Would you make that deal?

7 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Well, the current administration has been told that Russia wants the "Merchant of Death" and one other murderer in return for Griner and that Reporter (I forget his name).

Based on the little I know...no.

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

Nope. Very unreasonable from what I know now and that's with me knowing her wife personally. Not a fair trade off at all.

4 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Nope. Very unreasonable from what I know now and that's with me knowing her wife personally. Not a fair trade off at all.

I agree with you on no "Merchant of Death" swap.  While the media has made her a high profile case I would say that 75% of Americans didn't even know who she was until this trial was published by the media.  Heck, I wouldn't even swap Melania Trump for the "Merchant of Death".  I can guarantee that if any of us did this in most foreign countries there wouldn't be a blip on the media and the President wouldn't even be involved even if there was 1000's of people writing letters to the President for our release.  

• Like 1

Something else Americans should have learned about the Russia vs Brittnay Griner case.  That harsher punishment doesn't mean less crime.  In Russia it is still very easy to get high if you want to live that lifestyle.  Even though Russian people know you can get 5-10 years for the slightest amount of illegal drugs.  

3 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I agree with you on no "Merchant of Death" swap.  While the media has made her a high profile case I would say that 75% of Americans didn't even know who she was until this trial was published by the media.  Heck, I wouldn't even swap Melania Trump for the "Merchant of Death".  I can guarantee that if any of us did this in most foreign countries there wouldn't be a blip on the media and the President wouldn't even be involved even if there was 1000's of people writing letters to the President for our release.  

I agree 💯

12 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Here's a perfect example of what you're saying.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRUmEoXk/?k=1