Jump to content

Sideline to Sideline 4A and 3A Darkhorse Show


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

We are a dark horse, we lost nearly our entire starting defense = dark horse.

come on man! take your dark #1 ranking and ride that horse on out of here with that. 🙄😆

  • Like 2
  • LOL! 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3A-II darkhorse they listed in Bells is one I'm watching too.  We moved down into a district with them this year, and obviously Gunter is a cut above everyone else in there, but I think Bells is going to make a deep run in the playoffs.   I've seen those boys for years growing up and I know they are bringing up several kids from an undefeated JV last year that are probably better than or at least as good as what they lost from this past season, especially on the line. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

We are a dark horse, we lost nearly our entire starting defense = dark horse.

 

3 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

come on man! take your dark #1 ranking and ride that horse on out of here with that. 🙄😆

I think Carthage will still have a good season, but I will say I'm going to be even more skeptical of the offense than I was last year.  They will need to have improved big time to make up for what was lost on defense, otherwise it will be another early playoff exit.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Carthage will be good this year, but their offense might not be given excellent field possession all season like they were last year.  They also might have to score more than 7 or 8 points to win games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

 

I think Carthage will still have a good season, but I will say I'm going to be even more skeptical of the offense than I was last year.  They will need to have improved big time to make up for what was lost on defense, otherwise it will be another early playoff exit.  

The coach’s son/move-in should help a lot on one side of the ball…….Guessing a freshman contributes a lot for the first time in a few years. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BuckNut said:

Carthage will be good this year, but their offense might not be given excellent field possession all season like they were last year.  They also might have to score more than 7 or 8 points to win games.

You have to go back to like 2014 to find a Carthage team that didn’t field a good defense.  They will have some Soph & Jr’s (and maybe a freshman) starting but that’s not really any different than most years (other than the freshman).  And if y’all think the Carthage O won’t figure things out this year y’all are crazy as heck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cotton84 said:

The coach’s son/move-in should help a lot on one side of the ball…….Guessing a freshman contributes a lot for the first time in a few years. 

Was Gates the last freshman to start for Carthage?  2014 as a FB if I’m not mistaken.  Then moved to LB his last 3 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

 

I think Carthage will still have a good season, but I will say I'm going to be even more skeptical of the offense than I was last year.  They will need to have improved big time to make up for what was lost on defense, otherwise it will be another early playoff exit.  

according to ole Horton who come on down for a visit recently at the other site Carthage will be a scoring machine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

according to ole Horton who come on down for a visit recently at the other site Carthage will be a scoring machine.

this is copy and paste of ole Horton's reply:

Carthage was missing 8 starters. 
They still would not have beat LV that year. But you can dang sure believe, it would have been a lot better ball game. 
This years Dawgs are going to be a scoring machine with 10 starters coming back. The defense will take a few games but they will be big, strong and fast. 
I think they have a senior loaded team. 
I believe their are 39 seniors on this years team. 

 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Was Gates the last freshman to start for Carthage?  2014 as a FB if I’m not mistaken.  Then moved to LB his last 3 years.

I am getting old…..I thought a couple of guys got hurt and he played TB. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

 

I think Carthage will still have a good season, but I will say I'm going to be even more skeptical of the offense than I was last year.  They will need to have improved big time to make up for what was lost on defense, otherwise it will be another early playoff exit.  

I went back and watched many of the games. The Dawgs offense was young. 
They are going to be a scoring machine. 
one year later, bigger, stronger, and faster, and experienced. 
The Dawgs return to Jerry’s House. 
That is how I see it. Go back and watch some of the games. As bad as they were at times, they still beat the crap out of everybody they played except Crosby and China Spring. 
The defense will be way better than you think this year even loosing 8 starter’s. 
watch the guys that were on the kick off team and when they came in during mop up duty. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lindale returns one of the best Olines in the state. Have some skill guys reloading that can make plays behind them. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a couple breakout players in that group. 

Most of the defense is returning with a lot of experience so should see some improvement on that side. 

Go Eagles!
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bulldogs12 said:

Lindale returns one of the best Olines in the state. Have some skill guys reloading that can make plays behind them. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a couple breakout players in that group. 

Most of the defense is returning with a lot of experience so should see some improvement on that side. 

Go Eagles!
 

 

It’s all gonna come down to the new QB & All new WR group. But lindale hasn’t had a game breaker WR for 3 years since Connor Boyette left. He could take over a game. With 7 starters on offense and what many consider the best O-line in 4A and 8 starters back on a fast defense, Lindale should be fine if they stay healthy. Their new QB in my opinion is a more dangerous runner that Sam Peterson. Defenses will no doubt load the box and dare him to beat them with his arm. If leading Lindale to the state 7 on 7 tourney is an indication, the kid can throw it. Lindale is in a reloading period, not rebuilding. Their JV was very good last year too and they have several O-line prospects who will step in next year once this years SR’s graduate this year. The defense ought to be much improved this year as they bring back every defensive back and the newcomer of the year in Jr. LB Jake Curbow who will only get better. 9-4A is gonna be awesome this year. Not on the level of 5-4A but if lindale can open strong I can see all 3 in the state top 10 much like 5-4A. Gonna be a great year. Can’t wait for kickoff in Kaufman. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/8/2022 at 12:54 PM, JasperDawg said:

come on man! take your dark #1 ranking and ride that horse on out of here with that. 🙄😆

Really? It's just a prediction man and their opinion just like you have yours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lindale as a dark horse in Div. I seems like a good pick. I also think a couple of the dropdowns could have surprise seasons, like Marble Falls and Sulphur Springs. Apart from that, watch out for Anna. Tons of talent. They appear poised to be the next Melissa. Just gotta figure out how to put it all together on the field.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/11/2022 at 3:31 PM, WhoamI97539 said:

Really? It's just a prediction man and their opinion just like you have yours.

Really?!? it was sarcasm and a joke. He( along with most) understood that (hence the reaction). Get over yourself and find a way to release your apparent built up tension. Everything in life does not have to be turned into a debate.

anywho........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...