Timpson at Beckville

WildBear

Timpson vs. Beckville  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

Last time Beckville beat Timpson was 2015 42 to 13

The last 4 times they have played 2018 to 2021 Timpson outscored Beckville 189 to 58. Winning all 4 games. 

But maybe this year Beckville breaks the streak.

Who knows. We will find out August 25.

1 hour ago, StillGreezy said:

Don't know too much about either team but I have heard that Beckville is going to be good next year.  

Just my personal opinion but these might be the 2 best teams in the region.   

I hope it's an all out war.  

Centerville will be really good as well. Garrison, Joaquin, Shelbyville, Hawkins and Harleton will all be very solid. Until someone beats Timpson, they are the team to beat. I just think Beckville has the tools to get it done. 

• Like 1

• RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to Timpson at Beckville
20 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Centerville will be really good as well. Garrison, Joaquin, Shelbyville, Hawkins and Harleton will all be very solid. Until someone beats Timpson, they are the team to beat. I just think Beckville has the tools to get it done. 

Timpson's district is a lot tougher than folks realize. Do I think Timpson will lose a district game? No. But everybody else in that district except maybe SA is going to be fighting for playoff positioning up to the very end. Should be interesting. 

8 hours ago, bmoc said:

Since it is now on Thursday why not play in carthage??

Because they don’t want to pay for a 4A stadium when having two of the top 2A teams in the region playing at a 2A stadium is going to make for an electric atmosphere. Bigger is not always better. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, SandiePrideNeverDies said:

Timpson's district is a lot tougher than folks realize. Do I think Timpson will lose a district game? No. But everybody else in that district except maybe SA is going to be fighting for playoff positioning up to the very end. Should be interesting. 

I agree. District 11 is going to be a lot of fun to watch. 

Garrison and Joaquin were both hit with a lot of key injuries early in the season last year .... Joaquin was hit hard at the skilled positions and Garrison lost many of their starting linemen .... hopefull both teams will avoid the injury bug this year .... both teams I believe will be better than last season ....

32 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Because they don’t want to pay for a 4A stadium when having two of the top 2A teams in the region playing at a 2A stadium is going to make for an electric atmosphere. Bigger is not always better. 

Carthage might also have a Thursday JV game ....

45 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Beckville is faster this year than last,as far as I can tell from 7-7,those kids can move . that being said,should be fun to watch.

I think this early matchup will boil down to which defense can get some key 3rd down stops and/or takeaways.  Both offensives will be explosive in their own ways and a tough assignment for both week one defenses.