Timpson at Beckville

WildBear

Timpson vs. Beckville  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, SandiePrideNeverDies said:

Timpson won't lose a game until December and I would imagine most of them will be over well before halftime. If Refugio doesn't beat them, Shiner will, probably in the state title game. 

You might want to double check their pre district schedule

• Thanks 1

Gonna be a good one....both teams lost some key players from last year...Williams from Beckville and Bussey from Timpson are both electric players !! Have to see which ones defense is ready that early in the year...Go Big Blue Bearcats

1 hour ago, SandiePrideNeverDies said:

Timpson won't lose a game until December and I would imagine most of them will be over well before halftime. If Refugio doesn't beat them, Shiner will, probably in the state title game. 

They wouldn't play Shiner or Refugio in the Championship game.....

1 hour ago, Anahuac12 said:

They wouldn't play Shiner or Refugio in the Championship game.....

8 minutes ago, SandiePrideNeverDies said:

Actually, in 2A-D1, Shiner is ranked 1 in the state, Timpson 2, and Refugio 6. So yes, Timpson may have to deal with both teams to win state and may also get Beckville a second time. 

Semi-finals.......

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SandiePrideNeverDies said:

Actually, in 2A-D1, Shiner is ranked 1 in the state, Timpson 2, and Refugio 6. So yes, Timpson may have to deal with both teams to win state and may also get Beckville a second time. 

They wouldn't play both teams since they are in a different region.  They'll play Shiner or Refugio in the semi-final.

One game at a time…. I’m really curious to see how we look up front on both sides of the ball.  It may take a few games to get the kinks out.  The speed and athleticism is there no doubt but what’s going on in the trenches has yet to be seen. Of course, I’m picking my Bears to win in a close one.  

1 minute ago, SandiePrideNeverDies said:

I was thinking they'd get Refugio in the semifinals like Lovelady did a few years ago, then Shiner in the title game. But I might be incorrect. 

You are......Shiner and Refugio are in the same district......😂😂😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SandiePrideNeverDies said:

It's tough but Timpson is going to have the accelerator floored so to speak. If someone does beat them, including my Sandies in district play, it will be a feather in someone's cap. 

So you think they’ll have all 4 non-district games (Beckville, Jefferson, Daingerfield and Waskom) most likely over by halftime? 

Please don’t be offended if I don’t take you quite seriously. You just tried to validate one of your arguments by using preseason rankings as to determine their playoff path. 

As for Timpson, they are going to be a really solid 2A football team. But last year might’ve been their best shot at getting over the region 4 hump. There’s going to be a lot of new faces up front on both sides of the ball. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

So you think they’ll have all 4 non-district games (Beckville, Jefferson, Daingerfield and Waskom) most likely over by halftime? 

Please don’t be offended if I don’t take you quite seriously. You just tried to validate one of your arguments by using preseason rankings as to determine their playoff path. 

As for Timpson, they are going to be a really solid 2A football team. But last year might’ve been their best shot at getting over the region 4 hump. There’s going to be a lot of new faces up front on both sides of the ball. 

I agree the pre district games are gonna be very tough, which I think is great.   I do believe that Timpson can get get over the hump this year if we stay healthy.  The kid filling Courtneys spot has big shoes to fill but has the potential to be a power house.  Like I said earlier though one game at a time 👍

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

No offense taken. I actually believe Timpson can really put some lopsided scores on the board with this non-district slate (Beckville 35-7, Jefferson 48-14, Dangerfield 42-20, Waskom 62-0 due to brand new coach and from what I gather a fairly heavy graduation).

I don't look at teams too far out of the region unless Grapeland has a deep run. That combined with nursing an injured shoulder, back, and foot does not make for a healthier mind either lol. So I got one wrong. 

The UIL wasn't too bright to put Shiner and Refugio in the same district, in my opinion. Having them be undefeated or at one loss each late in the playoffs would more captivating to me. 

3 hours ago, SandiePrideNeverDies said:

Actually, the playoffs aren't determined by the rankings....Shiner and Refugio are in the same district this year

7 minutes ago, SandiePrideNeverDies said:

No offense taken. I actually believe Timpson can really put some lopsided scores on the board with this non-district slate (Beckville 35-7, Jefferson 48-14, Dangerfield 42-20, Waskom 62-0 due to brand new coach and from what I gather a fairly heavy graduation).

I don't look at teams too far out of the region unless Grapeland has a deep run. That combined with nursing an injured shoulder, back, and foot does not make for a healthier mind either lol. So I got one wrong. 

The UIL wasn't too bright to put Shiner and Refugio in the same district, in my opinion. Having them be undefeated or at one loss each late in the playoffs would more captivating to me. 

DF will be an interesting matchup. DF will be able to match athletes. There will NOT be a shortage of speed on the field. 

6 hours ago, Bear9T1 said:

I agree the pre district games are gonna be very tough, which I think is great.   I do believe that Timpson can get get over the hump this year if we stay healthy.  The kid filling Courtneys spot has big shoes to fill but has the potential to be a power house.  Like I said earlier though one game at a time 👍

I’m not stepping out on a limb here when I say Timpson is going to have top 3 collection of skill kids in the state in 2A. My question mark for them is up front. I don’t have a roster and you might know better than me, but weren’t most of the OL guys seniors? 

7 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

DF will be an interesting matchup. DF will be able to match athletes. There will NOT be a shortage of speed on the field. 

Well last year Timpson beat Waskom and then Waskom beat Daingerfield in the playoffs. That means Timpson can beat Daingerfield. 

17 hours ago, SandiePrideNeverDies said:

I was thinking they'd get Refugio in the semifinals like Lovelady did a few years ago, then Shiner in the title game. But I might be incorrect. 

It's not possible for a team from Region 3 to play two teams from Region 4 in the playoffs.  Regional champs meet in the semi-final game.  The year Refugio beat Lovelady, Refugio had already beaten Shiner in the 3rd of 4th round, they met Lovelady and I think Canadian in the championship (where Canadian opened a can of whoop).

10 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Well last year Timpson beat Waskom and then Waskom beat Daingerfield in the playoffs. That means Timpson can beat Daingerfield. 

because that logic works all the time…….

I didn’t say they can’t beat them. I said that DF can match athletes. The majority of the teams that Timpson will play they can win by out-athletics them. DF can match up athletically. For either team to win they will have to out-coach/out-execute the other. 

Just now, THEHARDWAY said:

I didn’t say they can’t beat them. I said that DF can match athletes. The majority of the teams that Timpson will play they can win by out-athletics them. DF can match up athletically. For either team to win they will have to out-coach/out-execute the other. 

*out-athleting

1 hour ago, THEHARDWAY said:

HARDWAY it's a joke. I'm a Tiger fan and supporter.  Some people do honestly think that way though lol.