Timpson at Beckville

WildBear

Timpson vs. Beckville  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, THEHARDWAY said:

My bad!! It’s crazy how often you see that logic and it makes me want to pull my hair out!!

We beat so and so in week 2, then that team beat so and so in week 10. But that team lost to so and so in week 1, and then my secon cousin twice removed watched them play in week 8, and said they have a great shot of beating so and so, because of the schedule and who they beat……..

• LOL! 1

44 minutes ago, THEHARDWAY said:

We beat so and so in week 2, then that team beat so and so in week 10. But that team lost to so and so in week 1, and then my secon cousin twice removed watched them play in week 8, and said they have a great shot of beating so and so, because of the schedule and who they beat……..

I know right. Elementary level thinking at it's finest. "I beat this person running and that person beat you". So I can beat you too.

My Tigers are getting ready to play. I'm impatiently waiting for the season to begin. We will see what's what soon enough. 

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

4 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

I know right. Elementary level thinking at it's finest. "I beat this person running and that person beat you". So I can beat you too.

My Tigers are getting ready to play. I'm impatiently waiting for the season to begin. We will see what's what soon enough. 

If we have good years maybe we can meet up!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 4:14 PM, SandiePrideNeverDies said:

No offense taken. I actually believe Timpson can really put some lopsided scores on the board with this non-district slate (Beckville 35-7, Jefferson 48-14, Dangerfield 42-20, Waskom 62-0 due to brand new coach and from what I gather a fairly heavy graduation).

I don't look at teams too far out of the region unless Grapeland has a deep run. That combined with nursing an injured shoulder, back, and foot does not make for a healthier mind either lol. So I got one wrong. 

The UIL wasn't too bright to put Shiner and Refugio in the same district, in my opinion. Having them be undefeated or at one loss each late in the playoffs would more captivating to me. 

No way Timpson holds Beckville to 7,  no way, unless Beckville has some injuries.  I have no dog in this fight but know both programs very well.  

• Like 2

Timpson will not be held to 24 points this game. I am intrigued by some of the move ins for Beckville also. The question mark for me with Timpson will be the line play. I just don’t think Beckville will have enough horsepower to keep up with the Bears.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

Timpson will not be held to 24 points this game. I am intrigued by some of the move ins for Beckville also. The question mark for me with Timpson will be the line play. I just don’t think Beckville will have enough horsepower to keep up with the Bears.

Not sure Beckville can hold Timpson to 24 either, but Beckville might not be held under 24 either.....as for horsepower, Beckville I thought had enough last year (shy of 2 key injuries), but that's part of the game....We will see Aug 25 who has what and maybe again in late Nov !!!

First let me say Beckville has a really good team. They beat the socks off of everyone until they play Timpson. They have a really good running back in Jkoby Williams. The last 2 games Beckville has played Timpson he hasn't been able to finish the game due to injury. Honestly I just don't see Beckville beating Timpson. Timpson has 5 or 6 players that can score at any time from anywhere on the field. Timpson has a young team this year loaded with Juniors, Sophmores and Freshman. I think they only have 3 or 4 Seniors. The Queston for the Bears is the line. If their line gels together and steps up , look out they will be unstoppable. But we will find out in about a month. My prediction 

Timpson 35

Beckville 21

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anahuac12 said:

Not sure Beckville can hold Timpson to 24 either, but Beckville might not be held under 24 either.....as for horsepower, Beckville I thought had enough last year (shy of 2 key injuries), but that's part of the game....We will see Aug 25 who has what and maybe again in late Nov !!!

Who were the two key injuries? I know Jkolby got hurt during the game, but don’t know who the other was. Both teams lost some key play makers, so it’ll be an interesting first game.

3 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

Who were the two key injuries? I know Jkolby got hurt during the game, but don’t know who the other was. Both teams lost some key play makers, so it’ll be an interesting first game.

Jkoby and FB/MLB Bo Hammons, both being big time players.....it would have been about like Timpson loosing Bussey and Courtney

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

45 minutes ago, WildBear said:

First let me say Beckville has a really good team. They beat the socks off of everyone until they play Timpson. They have a really good running back in Jkoby Williams. The last 2 games Beckville has played Timpson he hasn't been able to finish the game due to injury. Honestly I just don't see Beckville beating Timpson. Timpson has 5 or 6 players that can score at any time from anywhere on the field. Timpson has a young team this year loaded with Juniors, Sophmores and Freshman. I think they only have 3 or 4 Seniors. The Queston for the Bears is the line. If their line gels together and steps up , look out they will be unstoppable. But we will find out in about a month. My prediction 

Timpson 35

Beckville 21

I think breaking in the O-line in week 1 is exactly a good reason for why this game will be closer than some expect and why I think Beckville will actually win this one.  However, it is highly contingent on Beckville's new QB playing well and running the offense efficiently.  I think it will be a one score, hard fought game.  It certainly should be a treat for anyone who goes to watch.  

• Like 3

Even breaking in a new line Beckville doesn't win this game. As far as Beckvilles new Quarterback I am sure he is a good player but he is on a new team and has never faced Timpson. I don't think a one score difference will happen in this game. But I do respect your opinion and agree it will be a hard fought game and a treat for spectators. The last 4 games between Beckville and Timpson haven't even been close except for the first half of last year's game at SFA. To be the Man you have to beat the Man. When Beckville actually beats Timpson I will be the first one to congratulate Beckvilles team and fans.

Good luck Beckville on the new season coming up and I hope all the players stay healthy. I am sure Beckville and Timpson will meet again in the playoffs. 

• Like 4

The best thing about AA Division I is they can compete with Region IV. Class AA Division I has the most college athletes per capita as any class and division in Texas. No doubt we will see several Saturday and a few Sunday players from this group of athletes. Texas Hometown Football is compiling the data on current AA players that are unmatched in Texas small school football. 

• Like 2