Timpson at Beckville

WildBear

Timpson vs. Beckville  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

On 8/1/2022 at 3:20 PM, JMS1971 said:

Timpson wins. I don’t think Beckville will be able to keep up scoring with the Bears. The second half hasn’t been kind to the bearcats in Bussey era.

Has it been the Bussey era or was it the Courtney and offensive line era ????  Not sure the coaches will show their full hand on Aug 25....

1 hour ago, Anahuac12 said:

Has it been the Bussey era or was it the Courtney and offensive line era ????  Not sure the coaches will show their full hand on Aug 25....

We will see soon enough…should be a heckuva game regardless of who wins this early season game.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anahuac12 said:

Well they, the Beacats score more points than the Bears and at the end of the game that makes them the winner..

3 hours ago, Anahuac12 said:

Well they, the Beacats score more points than the Bears and at the end of the game that makes them the winner..

Bradon will definitely be missed, and Timpson will be breaking in a new offensive line. The same could be said for Beckville. Ryan Harris is the single most reason Beckville stayed in the game last year. I stand by my original statement of Beckvilles second half performance against the Bears.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2022 at 3:20 PM, JMS1971 said:

Timpson wins. I don’t think Beckville will be able to keep up scoring with the Bears. The second half hasn’t been kind to the bearcats in Bussey era.

1 hour ago, JMS1971 said:

Bradon will definitely be missed, and Timpson will be breaking in a new offensive line. The same could be said for Beckville. Ryan Harris is the single most reason Beckville stayed in the game last year. I stand by my original statement of Beckvilles second half performance against the Bears.

You said in the Bussey era...what I said was "is it the Bussey era or the Courtney and Oline era ?"   No doubt Beckville lost a stud with Ryan Harris, I didn't say anything about the "Ryan era" ....I just hope both teams stay healthy..See ya the 25th

41 minutes ago, Anahuac12 said:

You said in the Bussey era...what I said was "is it the Bussey era or the Courtney and Oline era ?"   No doubt Beckville lost a stud with Ryan Harris, I didn't say anything about the "Ryan era" ....I just hope both teams stay healthy..See ya the 25th

Have you even watched Timpson other than when they played Beckville? I can remember this team before Terry. Braden’s  is a rare athlete, but this team became a legitimate state championship contender when Terry came on board. The offensive line is crucial to any team, kinda figured that was understood. If you’re trying to get me to down play Braden, then it’s not gonna happen. So to answer your question, it’s the Terry Bussey era.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WildBear said:

People are going to be very surprised at the amount of explosive players Timpson has.

After the last two years, NO, they’re not. In fact, several people here on SDC said for years that Timpson would become a powerhouse if they ever got the coaching hire right. I knew they had hit a homerun with Coach T. 

15 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

Have you even watched Timpson other than when they played Beckville? I can remember this team before Terry. Braden’s  is a rare athlete, but this team became a legitimate state championship contender when Terry came on board. The offensive line is crucial to any team, kinda figured that was understood. If you’re trying to get me to down play Braden, then it’s not gonna happen. So to answer your question, it’s the Terry Bussey era.

I have watched Timpson play several games and watched several films....Hey there is no doubt about Bussey's ability. Nobody is "trying to get you to downplay Braden" you did that on your own, but you called it the "Bussey era" and my comment was "is it the Bussey era or was it the Courtney and oline era"  What I thought was a legitimate question considering the caliber of player Courtney was and losing the whole oline....Good luck on the "Bussey era"

18 minutes ago, Anahuac12 said:

I have watched Timpson play several games and watched several films....Hey there is no doubt about Bussey's ability. Nobody is "trying to get you to downplay Braden" you did that on your own, but you called it the "Bussey era" and my comment was "is it the Bussey era or was it the Courtney and oline era"  What I thought was a legitimate question considering the caliber of player Courtney was and losing the whole oline....Good luck on the "Bussey era"

If you took that I somehow disrespected anyone, then that’s on you. The “era” thing sure seems to have you bothered also. Sorry I hurt your feelings.

1 hour ago, JMS1971 said:

If you took that I somehow disrespected anyone, then that’s on you. The “era” thing sure seems to have you bothered also. Sorry I hurt your feelings.

They could possible be hurt worse after the game 😂😂

• Like 1

I look at it like this. Beckville lost Ryan, Timpson lost Braden.  Lamar University in Beaumont got both of them. Lamar gained 2 stud players with a lot of talent and a lot of heart. I have seen them both play and they both left it all on the field. Both warriors. I gained a lot of respect for Ryan in last years game at SFA he did everything in his power to try and win that game by himself. Braden in my opinion was the best running back to ever play at Timpson and that is saying a lot because Timpson has had some really good ones over the years. Good luck to Beckville and Timpson and may the Best team win.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

lol my feelings can't be hurt, it was a question and you can't grasp that....sorry it's a struggle..good luck