Timpson at Beckville

WildBear

Timpson vs. Beckville  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

Timpson was by far the better team! I do think Beckville did not do theirselves any favors with the very vanilla playcalling and with what seemed to be a one dimensional game plan… it seemed like on every play it was give the ball to #2 or fake it to him. And Timpson knew that and shut it down. 

Also, such a huge drop off from QB play from last year. Never thought it wouldn’t be, but dang… lol

6 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

Yes, Bussey is cut from a lot different cloth. 

The Williams kid is good but not on the level with Bussey nor the kid from Shiner. 

What years was Chavis around? My mom's side of the family all originated in Overton and I remember my uncle talking about him. Never saw him play though. He was basically to yall what Traylon Shead was to Cayuga....correct? 

9 hours ago, SimmerDown said:

At what point does Therwanger and that staff get recognized for what they have done at Timpson.   He coached his tail off at Lovelady too.  Lots of kids graduated last year and they appear to be just as dominate.  

Every payday.  

• LOL! 3

9 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

In beckvilles defense… this was just like a 3rd or 4th round playoff game in week one… lol against a loaded team 

#2 and #22 are good running backs and will probably do pretty good the rest of the season 

Sad, but almost always true regarding the playoff games, especially at the 2A level.  The top 4, 5, or 6 teams in the state just beat the crap out of other teams until they finally get to play each other in the quarter or semi-finals.

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

What years was Chavis around? My mom's side of the family all originated in Overton and I remember my uncle talking about him. Never saw him play though. He was basically to yall what Traylon Shead was to Cayuga....correct? 

He graduated in "97. He almost transferred to Carthage his senior year, but ended up staying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

I'm from Shelbyville and he is from Tenaha, but we all followed him. 

He was in Tenaha from about 95 to 98. 

I've never seen a more dynamic player. Was fun to watch. 

• Like 2

1st  #10 has been is and will be outstanding in the future. He is really a phenomenal athlete.  Everyone talks about Shiner like Timpson got rolled by them last year. 1 or 2 few mistakes last year Timpson wins state. I said last year that loosing Ryan was going to be huge for Beckville. For once in my life I am correct. Is Beckville a good team I think so.  Timpson showed last night that they are the best in East Texas 2A. Imo the best in the state. They looked better last night to me than last year. Oh and I'm from Beckville.  Just stating facts. Good luck to the Bears through out this season. Hope to play you in the future playoffs. Wasn't ready for week 1 match up for sure.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cat51993 said:

1st  #10 has been is and will be outstanding in the future. He is really a phenomenal athlete.  Everyone talks about Shiner like Timpson got rolled by them last year. 1 or 2 few mistakes last year Timpson wins state. I said last year that loosing Ryan was going to be huge for Beckville. For once in my life I am correct. Is Beckville a good team I think so.  Timpson showed last night that they are the best in East Texas 2A. Imo the best in the state. They looked better last night to me than last year. Oh and I'm from Beckville.  Just stating facts. Good luck to the Bears through out this season. Hope to play you in the future playoffs. Wasn't ready for week 1 match up for sure.

Very well said!

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 6:37 PM, blesseddaily said:

Beckville, in the upset of the week!! 

Quite possibly the worst pick in the history of my Smoaky picking!!! I was extremely surprised at how poorly Beckville played. The unforced mistakes on offense in the first half were not what I would have expected from this staff. It seriously looked more like a first scrimmage than a first game. 

Timpson, on the other hand looked in mid-season form. They will definitely be in the hunt for a trip to Jerry's World again! 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 2:03 PM, mikehoncho said:

I think breaking in the O-line in week 1 is exactly a good reason for why this game will be closer than some expect and why I think Beckville will actually win this one.  However, it is highly contingent on Beckville's new QB playing well and running the offense efficiently.  I think it will be a one score, hard fought game.  It certainly should be a treat for anyone who goes to watch.  

So much for me thinking Timpson O-line would have some troubles early on and need to be broken in, lol.  

Though I think I was also right about Beckville QB play being a problem. I just didn't anticipate the one dimensional gameplan and playcalling.  It was not good.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

So much for me thinking Timpson O-line would have some troubles early on and need to be broken in, lol.  

Though I think I was also right about Beckville QB play being a problem. I just didn't anticipate the one dimensional gameplan and playcalling.  It was not good.  

Who was the qb

38 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Yes Sir you were spot on with your Quarterback being contingent with his playing abilities. Good call. Lol

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

They started out using two QBs, Aiden Brantley (Sophomore) and Callan (spelling?) Castles.  Neither played very well IMO.  

I thought Brantley looked like more of a natural at the position. I also think we all learned a lot more about just how much Ryan Harris meant to that program. I know I did. I picked Beckville to win based on two things: Timpson breaking in a new O-line and Beckville returning basically everyone but Harris, along with adding a couple of transfers who started as sophomores at much bigger programs.  I was wrong on both counts. Coach T and his staff had their kids ready to play out of the gate, and the kids new to Beckville are still finding their groove. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I thought Brantley looked like more of a natural at the position. I also think we all learned a lot more about just how much Ryan Harris meant to that program. I know I did. I picked Beckville to win based on two things: Timpson breaking in a new O-line and Beckville returning basically everyone but Harris, along with adding a couple of transfers who started as sophomores at much bigger programs.  I was wrong on both counts. Coach T and his staff had their kids ready to play out of the gate, and the kids new to Beckville are still finding their groove. 

They will learn and get better. Beckville does have a solid football program and am sure we will meet again in the playoffs. 

• Like 2