WildBear

Timpson vs. Beckville  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

Looked like a leg or ankle injury ….  

Ahh, hate to hear that. 

Timpson looking really good! Bussey has looked every bit as good as I expected him too. Chemistry between he and Howard is powerful. And as has been the case last 2 times these teams played, I just feel like Timpson is winning the trenches. 

1 minute ago, mikehoncho said:

Ahh, hate to hear that. 

Timpson looking really good! Bussey has looked every bit as good as I expected him too. Chemistry between he and Howard is powerful. And as has been the case last 2 times these teams played, I just feel like Timpson is winning the trenches. 

10-4

22 minutes ago, Cleareyesopenheartcantlose said:

I mean you can. If you play assignment football. The min he went outside the corner stepped up and he hadn’t crossed the LOS yet. Left the receiver all alone

This is true, but when a kid like Bussey has the ball in his hands and he looks like he’s committed to run, you’ve been coached to break down and make a tackle.
85 yard pick-6 to end the first half. 26-0 Timpson. 

3 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

This is true, but when a kid like Bussey has the ball in his hands and he looks like he’s committed to run, you’ve been coached to break down and make a tackle.
85 yard pick-6 to end the first half. 26-0 Timpson. 

I get that 100% but do you break down and tackle after he crosses the LOS and maybe give up 8 considering the help that was not far behind on the outside? Or do you step up against your assignment and give up an easy TD?

5 minutes ago, Cleareyesopenheartcantlose said:

I get that 100% but do you break down and tackle after he crosses the LOS and maybe give up 8 considering the help that was not far behind on the outside? Or do you step up against your assignment and give up an easy TD?

That’s easy to say for an adult watching from the sideline or on livestream. Totally different for a 16-17 year old kid that’s seen all the press about how good the kid is and is getting desperate to help his team. 

Just now, KirtFalcon said:

He threw that one a looooong way, right on the money .....

DBs got caught with their eyes in the backfield. Bussey is known to be able to beat you with his feet, and Beckville looks committed to stopping him from running, so Timpson has adjusted and is letting him do it with his arm. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Brooks is head and shoulders the best player in 2A ... 

I think one of the 3 has the brightest college future……..But in 2A ball, I think 2 of them are very close to equal in what they do for the benefit of their team - the 3rd one is really good, just not on the other two’s level