Timpson at Beckville

Timpson vs. Beckville  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

6 hours ago, Bear9T1 said:

I agree the pre district games are gonna be very tough, which I think is great.   I do believe that Timpson can get get over the hump this year if we stay healthy.  The kid filling Courtneys spot has big shoes to fill but has the potential to be a power house.  Like I said earlier though one game at a time 👍

I’m not stepping out on a limb here when I say Timpson is going to have top 3 collection of skill kids in the state in 2A. My question mark for them is up front. I don’t have a roster and you might know better than me, but weren’t most of the OL guys seniors? 

7 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

DF will be an interesting matchup. DF will be able to match athletes. There will NOT be a shortage of speed on the field. 

Well last year Timpson beat Waskom and then Waskom beat Daingerfield in the playoffs. That means Timpson can beat Daingerfield. 

17 hours ago, SandiePrideNeverDies said:

I was thinking they'd get Refugio in the semifinals like Lovelady did a few years ago, then Shiner in the title game. But I might be incorrect. 

It's not possible for a team from Region 3 to play two teams from Region 4 in the playoffs.  Regional champs meet in the semi-final game.  The year Refugio beat Lovelady, Refugio had already beaten Shiner in the 3rd of 4th round, they met Lovelady and I think Canadian in the championship (where Canadian opened a can of whoop).

10 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Well last year Timpson beat Waskom and then Waskom beat Daingerfield in the playoffs. That means Timpson can beat Daingerfield. 

because that logic works all the time…….

I didn’t say they can’t beat them. I said that DF can match athletes. The majority of the teams that Timpson will play they can win by out-athletics them. DF can match up athletically. For either team to win they will have to out-coach/out-execute the other. 

Just now, THEHARDWAY said:

I didn’t say they can’t beat them. I said that DF can match athletes. The majority of the teams that Timpson will play they can win by out-athletics them. DF can match up athletically. For either team to win they will have to out-coach/out-execute the other. 

*out-athleting

1 hour ago, THEHARDWAY said:

HARDWAY it's a joke. I'm a Tiger fan and supporter.  Some people do honestly think that way though lol. 

6 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

HARDWAY it's a joke. I'm a Tiger fan and supporter.  Some people do honestly think that way though lol. 

My bad!! It’s crazy how often you see that logic and it makes me want to pull my hair out!!

• LOL! 1

Just now, THEHARDWAY said:

My bad!! It’s crazy how often you see that logic and it makes me want to pull my hair out!!

We beat so and so in week 2, then that team beat so and so in week 10. But that team lost to so and so in week 1, and then my secon cousin twice removed watched them play in week 8, and said they have a great shot of beating so and so, because of the schedule and who they beat……..

• LOL! 1

44 minutes ago, THEHARDWAY said:

We beat so and so in week 2, then that team beat so and so in week 10. But that team lost to so and so in week 1, and then my secon cousin twice removed watched them play in week 8, and said they have a great shot of beating so and so, because of the schedule and who they beat……..

I know right. Elementary level thinking at it's finest. "I beat this person running and that person beat you". So I can beat you too.

My Tigers are getting ready to play. I'm impatiently waiting for the season to begin. We will see what's what soon enough. 

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

4 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

I know right. Elementary level thinking at it's finest. "I beat this person running and that person beat you". So I can beat you too.

My Tigers are getting ready to play. I'm impatiently waiting for the season to begin. We will see what's what soon enough. 

If we have good years maybe we can meet up!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anahuac12 said:

I wonder what size crowd will be at this game....I think there was about 6000-8000 at last years playoff between the 2....Bearcat stadium will bust at the seams with 2000 !!!

So you're saying get there early 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 4:14 PM, SandiePrideNeverDies said:

No offense taken. I actually believe Timpson can really put some lopsided scores on the board with this non-district slate (Beckville 35-7, Jefferson 48-14, Dangerfield 42-20, Waskom 62-0 due to brand new coach and from what I gather a fairly heavy graduation).

I don't look at teams too far out of the region unless Grapeland has a deep run. That combined with nursing an injured shoulder, back, and foot does not make for a healthier mind either lol. So I got one wrong. 

The UIL wasn't too bright to put Shiner and Refugio in the same district, in my opinion. Having them be undefeated or at one loss each late in the playoffs would more captivating to me. 

No way Timpson holds Beckville to 7,  no way, unless Beckville has some injuries.  I have no dog in this fight but know both programs very well.  

• Like 2

Timpson will not be held to 24 points this game. I am intrigued by some of the move ins for Beckville also. The question mark for me with Timpson will be the line play. I just don’t think Beckville will have enough horsepower to keep up with the Bears.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

Timpson will not be held to 24 points this game. I am intrigued by some of the move ins for Beckville also. The question mark for me with Timpson will be the line play. I just don’t think Beckville will have enough horsepower to keep up with the Bears.

Not sure Beckville can hold Timpson to 24 either, but Beckville might not be held under 24 either.....as for horsepower, Beckville I thought had enough last year (shy of 2 key injuries), but that's part of the game....We will see Aug 25 who has what and maybe again in late Nov !!!

First let me say Beckville has a really good team. They beat the socks off of everyone until they play Timpson. They have a really good running back in Jkoby Williams. The last 2 games Beckville has played Timpson he hasn't been able to finish the game due to injury. Honestly I just don't see Beckville beating Timpson. Timpson has 5 or 6 players that can score at any time from anywhere on the field. Timpson has a young team this year loaded with Juniors, Sophmores and Freshman. I think they only have 3 or 4 Seniors. The Queston for the Bears is the line. If their line gels together and steps up , look out they will be unstoppable. But we will find out in about a month. My prediction 

Timpson 35

Beckville 21

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anahuac12 said:

Not sure Beckville can hold Timpson to 24 either, but Beckville might not be held under 24 either.....as for horsepower, Beckville I thought had enough last year (shy of 2 key injuries), but that's part of the game....We will see Aug 25 who has what and maybe again in late Nov !!!

Who were the two key injuries? I know Jkolby got hurt during the game, but don’t know who the other was. Both teams lost some key play makers, so it’ll be an interesting first game.

3 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

Who were the two key injuries? I know Jkolby got hurt during the game, but don’t know who the other was. Both teams lost some key play makers, so it’ll be an interesting first game.

Jkoby and FB/MLB Bo Hammons, both being big time players.....it would have been about like Timpson loosing Bussey and Courtney

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1