Grapeland

I don’t see SA coming in last. Gonna be a tight race and besides Timpson going undefeated in district (a real possibility), I would be surprised to see another team with only one loss.

For Grapeland, I believe that incoming freshman QB is the real deal and could certainly help the Sandies be competitive. STILL a little shocked they ended up in this district!

10 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I don’t see SA coming in last. Gonna be a tight race and besides Timpson going undefeated in district (a real possibility), I would be surprised to see another team with only one loss.

For Grapeland, I believe that incoming freshman QB is the real deal and could certainly help the Sandies be competitive. STILL a little shocked they ended up in this district!

Not as shocked as they were...lol 

• LOL! 1

12 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

We lost Alto but got Timpson and Garrison. I'm quite confident that if we get that 4th place playoff spot that we'll get Corrigan in bi-district which may be a very problematic match-up for the Sandies. 

9 hours ago, SandiePrideNeverDies said:

We lost Alto but got Timpson and Garrison. I'm quite confident that if we get that 4th place playoff spot that we'll get Corrigan in bi-district which may be a very problematic match-up for the Sandies. 

If CC is a problematic matchup for you, Joaquin and Garrison will be as well. 

Timpson is the favorite and probably a step ahead of everyone but not unbeatable.

The group of Garrison, Joaquin and Shelbyville are the biggest threats to Timpson and a step above the next 2.

Grapeland and San Augustine need to bring their A game to knock off any of the 4 above them.

West Sabine wishes they were still D2.

I don’t think it’s outrageous for the final standings to be:

6-0 Timpson

4-2 Garrison

4-2 Joaquin

4-2 Shelbyville

2-4 Grapeland/SA

1-5 Grapeland/SA

0-6 West Sabine

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 9:25 AM, SandiePrideNeverDies said:

It’s been a few years since CC has played the sandies…. I’m very excited to be back in 2a ,  and getting the chance to possibly play some teams we used to!   Garrison..  shelbyville..  San Augustine..  Joaquin..  all good competition in this district!

On 7/11/2022 at 8:30 PM, StingEmALTO said:

Who Is the Qb? Is it the kid that moved to California before last season and now he’s back?

The 8th grade didn’t really have a good Qb last year..

On 7/23/2022 at 1:24 AM, Red24 said:

Who Is the Qb? Is it the kid that moved to California before last season and now he’s back?

The 8th grade didn’t really have a good Qb last year..

I don’t know about a kid who moved to California.

The 8th grade QB last year was Walker and he was a beast….! 

Not seeing a lot of talk here at old smoaky about this district. 

It's usually very lively. 

I'm from Shelbyville and my son is an incoming freshman quarterback. 

It's hard to make a prediction on where we will finish. It all depends on how well our offensive line plays. 

They struggled mightily last year. Injury and not understanding the scheme were the two culprits. 

This year they will be very young up front, but as usual there will be a nice stable of skills players. 

I expect Joaquin to be better than people are predicting and SA as well. Timpson of course will rule for at least a few more years and I don't have a clue about Garrison nor Grapeland. 

Good luck! I hope everyone has a productive and injury free year. 

I coached nearly all of the kids you will see in Shelbyville in youth ball over the past 8 to 10 years in all 3 sports.  I love them all and most of them like me. Some of the parents don't feel the same, but it's all good.