Texas Tech new football complex/upgrades coming soon

On 7/11/2022 at 9:30 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

More on Texas Tech's $200 million facility project here. Red Raiders aiming to open the "largest contiguous football complex in the country" in 2024.

https://t.co/UpY1J2fR9a

The Twitter comments on this are great.  My favorite:

”Yes, cool, but you would have to live in Lubbock for 4 years.”

• LOL! 1

19 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

The Twitter comments on this are great.  My favorite:

”Yes, cool, but you would have to live in Lubbock for 4 years.”

Lived in Lubbock for 3 years. It's not terrible, but getting out there absolutely sucks.

With that being said, while it's not terrible, I can think of a million other places I would rather live.

• Like 2

Just now, ETXfan16 said:

Lived in Lubbock for 3 years. It's not terrible, but getting out there absolutely sucks.

With that being said, while it's not terrible, I can think of a million other places I would rather live.

Also to add since living there, there isn't a more delusional fan base than Texas Tech fans. You can't convince me otherwise. And that's saying a lot.

• LOL! 2

7 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Also to add since living there, there isn't a more delusional fan base than Texas Tech fans. You can't convince me otherwise. And that's saying a lot.

My girlfriend is a Red Raider and I can confirm.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 10:50 AM, ETXfan16 said:

They do have some realistic expectations.  1) they don’t think that they are a national title contender.  However, they falsely believe they can build one.  2) They know they don’t have the same type of donors to build A&M facilities.  Their approach is to do something cheaper but more unique.  3) they never expect to be a flagship school for a conference, but they also believe they have earned a spot with the big dogs.

• Thanks 1