Texas Tells Consumers to Conserve Electricity as Wind Energy Falls Short

Wild74

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.breitbart.com%2Feconomy%2F2022%2F07%2F11%2Ftexas-tells-consumers-to-conserve-electricity-as-wind-energy-falls-short%2F

The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) has warned power consumers in Texas to conserve energy on Monday afternoon and evening because there will not be enough wind power to operate the power grid reliably in peak demand.

The problem is, we need more power generation sources. I've seen a few houses in my neighborhood with solar panels installed, but that's beside the point.

Power generation sources are likely expensive to build and maintain, and if I'm not mistaken, companies have to get permission to build them. Which getting the permission and building also takes time.

Nuclear power has apparently gotten cleaner and more efficient (to the point that they can extract even more energy from "spent" fuel rods), but do any of us really want a nuclear power plant in our town?

Wind, AFAIK, isn't terribly efficient at generating electricity. Electricity storage tech needs to improve as well.

20 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

The problem is, we need more power generation sources. I've seen a few houses in my neighborhood with solar panels installed, but that's beside the point.

Power generation sources are likely expensive to build and maintain, and if I'm not mistaken, companies have to get permission to build them. Which getting the permission and building also takes time.

Nuclear power has apparently gotten cleaner and more efficient (to the point that they can extract even more energy from "spent" fuel rods), but do any of us really want a nuclear power plant in our town?

Wind, AFAIK, isn't terribly efficient at generating electricity. Electricity storage tech needs to improve as well.

That’s the “problem”….the leftist clean energy nazi’s just want to grind fossil fuel companies to powder without having any VIABLE SOLUTION….

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Nuclear Power wouldn't bother me being close, but wind and solar is not the answer, NG is a bridge fuel for the future and Nuclear is a unlimited resources that is climate friendly

1 hour ago, Youngcoach123 said:

They blame politicians while simultaneously wanting politicians to control it even more. You can’t make this level of stupidity up. Literally living in idiocracy times.

It’s PepeStupidia, what do you expect.

Every state that uses green energy is requesting the same thing.  This is not just a Texas thing.  The left in Texas simply believes is Abbott and Ercot when it was Dim Presidents mandates that are putting States at risk.  

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Every state that uses green energy is requesting the same thing.  This is not just a Texas thing.  The left in Texas simply believes is Abbott and Ercot when it was Dim Presidents mandates that are putting States at risk.  

Dims haven't been in power in Texas for decades.  So try again  

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 8:09 AM, gamewatcher63 said:

That’s the “problem”….the leftist clean energy nazi’s just want to grind fossil fuel companies to powder without having any VIABLE SOLUTION….

Right on cue lol. @Monte1076 was on point and all you can do is regirgitate the buzz words the politicians give you.

31 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Arm chair QB….please list YOUR solutions for reliable energy sources…when have you ever gotten your hands dirty buildings Anything

Well technically my hands got dirty when i helped my neighbor build his patio but what does that have to with anything? Wait...aren't you technically an arm chair qb? Why the hostility? So many questions but to answer yours....

Fossils fuels have def been the most reliable but the change will eventually have to be made due to pollution which I'm sure you believe don't exist. 

11 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

What mandates are these?

18 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Well technically my hands got dirty when i helped my neighbor build his patio but what does that have to with anything? Wait...aren't you technically an arm chair qb? Why the hostility? So many questions but to answer yours....

Fossils fuels have def been the most reliable but the change will eventually have to be made due to pollution which I'm sure you believe don't exist. 

All you lefties want a one world liberal order.  Why don’t you start with telling Russia and China to clean up their act?  The US is one of the cleanest producers of fossil fuels.  There will always be pollution, we need to learn to minimize it.  So start with the communist countries the lefties love

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

All you lefties want a one world liberal order.  Why don’t you start with telling Russia and China to clean up their act?  The US is one of the cleanest producers of fossil fuels.  There will always be pollution, we need to learn to minimize it.  So start with the communist countries the lefties love

Yeah seems like you're regurgitating again instead of looking up facts yourself. 

Communist China is number one. Guess who's number 2 on the list? By the way Russia is 4.  Keep the lefty bashing up while the elite is laughing at how stupid we are arguing amongst ourselves while they only have their best interest in mind.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/greenhouse-gas-emissions-by-country