Texas Tells Consumers to Conserve Electricity as Wind Energy Falls Short

Wild74

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Wait….you think it was someone else?

Fossil fuels are becoming more expensive and clean energy is cheaper and it's the energy companies making this decision. Nuclear plants been closing since 2017. Heck last November, the U.S. didn't even show up to sign the pledge to end coal production with 40 other countries after they were talking a lot of noise about leading the fight against global warming.

13 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Is this the CEO of ERCOT?

No but it's people like you and the rest of the libs that are to blame for our Country being in the shape it is. Thanks for voting for the worst POTUS EVER! I'm sure you voted for Obama also which was the worst until Plugs stepped in.

• Grumpy 1
  • SMH 1
  • Crybaby 1

12 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

No but it's people like you and the rest of the libs that are to blame for our Country being in the shape it is. Thanks for voting for the worst POTUS EVER! I'm sure you voted for Obama also which was the worst until Plugs stepped in.

So......you truly are that brainwashed huh? Keep up the left vs right hate, while the elite is laughing about how easily we're distracted while they do what's in their best interest. Here's an example. You're blaming everything on the president while you should be more worried about Congress. You know, the people who actually make the laws who have been there since forever. 220 dems and 211 Rep in congress, maybe you should direct your hate towards them.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

So......you truly are that brainwashed huh? Keep up the left vs right hate, while the elite is laughing about how easily we're distracted while they do what's in their best interest. Here's an example. You're blaming everything on the president while you should be more worried about Congress. You know, the people who actually make the laws who have been there since forever. 220 dems and 211 Rep in congress, maybe you should direct your hate towards them.

Informed ahead of the weather system’s arrival, Governor Abbott and ERCOT applied for relaxation of environmental standards to access enough regional energy to keep homes and businesses warm enough to stave off frozen pipes and, in the end, fatalities due to the extreme cold. Acting Secretary of Energy David Huizenga denied the requests because firing up more natural gas and other fossil fuel generators would surpass the emission allowance regulations.

Here's the only proof that I will provide you on this situation. You can do your on research. If you deny what your POTUS has done to this country and trying to do to Texas you are a very brainwashed human being.

13 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Informed ahead of the weather system’s arrival, Governor Abbott and ERCOT applied for relaxation of environmental standards to access enough regional energy to keep homes and businesses warm enough to stave off frozen pipes and, in the end, fatalities due to the extreme cold. Acting Secretary of Energy David Huizenga denied the requests because firing up more natural gas and other fossil fuel generators would surpass the emission allowance regulations.

Here's the only proof that I will provide you on this situation. You can do your on research. If you deny what your POTUS has done to this country and trying to do to Texas you are a very brainwashed human being.

facebook meme? Here's the truth. It was granted. ERCOT did not winterize plain and simple. Regardless of political stances, how can you not acknowledge ERCOT dropped the ball. They didn't think the extra insurance of winterization was worth it even after what happened in El Paso in 2011. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/02/23/fact-check-doe-order-let-texas-power-agencies-exceed-emissions-limits/4546085001/

So what is Biden trying to do to texas. Please enlighten me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

facebook meme? Here's the truth. It was granted. ERCOT did not winterize plain and simple. Regardless of political stances, how can you not acknowledge ERCOT dropped the ball. They didn't think the extra insurance of winterization was worth it even after what happened in El Paso in 2011. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/02/23/fact-check-doe-order-let-texas-power-agencies-exceed-emissions-limits/4546085001/

So what is Biden trying to do to texas. Please enlighten me. 

Do you honestly think someone will believe this source?:rofl: Cmon man I know your smarter than some of the other local libs on SDC. 

LEFT-CENTER BIAS

These media sources have a moderate liberal bias.  They often publish non-factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes.  These sources are generally not trustworthy for information and may require further investigation.  See all Left-Center sources.

• Overall, we rate USA Today Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that heavily favor the left. 
  • SMH 1
  • Crybaby 1

Just now, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Do you honestly think someone will believe this source?:rofl: Cmon man I know your smarter than some of the other local libs on SDC. 

LEFT-CENTER BIAS

These media sources have a moderate liberal bias.  They often publish non-factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes.  These sources are generally not trustworthy for information and may require further investigation.  See all Left-Center sources.

• Overall, we rate USA Today Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that heavily favor the left. 

I knew this was coming. Luckily USA Today, uses sources in their articles. Here's a direct link to the email that was sent out.

https://www.ercot.com/services/comm/mkt_notices/archives/5187

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I knew this was coming. Luckily USA Today, uses sources in their articles. Here's a direct link to the email that was sent out.

https://www.ercot.com/services/comm/mkt_notices/archives/5187

If you knew it was coming why use a a lying left source?

Now, gotta go eat lunch with my family while we can still afford it under your POTUS.

1 minute ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

If you knew it was coming why use a a lying left source?

Well the sources are always at the bottom of these articles which allows you to fact check the site. I figured you wouldn't even look at the source list, but tried to give the benefit of the doubt. This wasn't an opinion piece, it was a fact check and left or not, they gave accurate info and told you where they got it from. Not seeing the lies.

Texas has become dependent on wind power and that has and will always be a bad ideal. If you want dependable power you need NG, and if you want the cleanest power you need Nuclear. Instead of subsidizing wind power you need to subsidize Nuclear and your power problems will go away. Better yet don't subsidize any power but make it profitable to build by getting rid of regulations that add cost to building power generators.  

47 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Texas has become dependent on wind power and that has and will always be a bad ideal. If you want dependable power you need NG, and if you want the cleanest power you need Nuclear. Instead of subsidizing wind power you need to subsidize Nuclear and your power problems will go away. Better yet don't subsidize any power but make it profitable to build by getting rid of regulations that add cost to building power generators.  

They're already subsidized. I get what you're saying about the regulations but this is one industry where they are needed. Companies cut corners to save a buck, which doesn't always line up with what's best for people. The regulatory fees are steep, but with nuclear, you have to be safe.

1 minute ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

@ctown81 I have a question. Are you proud of the Democratic party as we speak?

And oh, I see the local lib troll has showed up with his reactions. Poor dude has zero substance so all he has is trolling someone. 🙄

Heck no. Haven't been proud of them for a while. I have no party affiliation and only vote in local and state electionsZ(at least at those levels, I can make myself believe I have a say so) . If a politician is talking, they're lying. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Fossil fuels are becoming more expensive and clean energy is cheaper and it's the energy companies making this decision. Nuclear plants been closing since 2017. Heck last November, the U.S. didn't even show up to sign the pledge to end coal production with 40 other countries after they were talking a lot of noise about leading the fight against global warming.

Incorrect, the Obama administration put forth laws to squeeze the coal plants out in time.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Natural gas is dirt cheap and is far more reliable than wind and solar.  Natural gas flows every day.  Solar doesn’t work on cloudy days.  Wind turbines don’t work on still days.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Incorrect, the Obama administration put forth laws to squeeze the coal plants out in time.  

Coal was already on it's way out due to natural gas being dirt cheap like you said. Now Obama may have sped up the process but this was coming. Dangerous for the environment and outdated. 

2 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Coal was already on it's way out due to natural gas being dirt cheap like you said. Now Obama may have sped up the process but this was coming. Dangerous for the environment and outdated. 

Coal plants would still be in use today, and not be on their way out, because they are already built.  Companies don’t willingly shut down money makers until repairs cost more than what they make.  When people are freezing to death in outages because red tape has shut down reliable energy sources the blood is on the hands of the party that shut them down.  Life>pollution.  You have to phase things out and in.  Solar and wind are good sources of supplemental energy but can’t be relied upon to fully hold up a grid.

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Coal plants would still be in use today, and not be on their way out, because they are already built.  Companies don’t willingly shut down money makers until repairs cost more than what they make.  When people are freezing to death in outages because red tape has shut down reliable energy sources the blood is on the hands of the party that shut them down.  Life>pollution.  You have to phase things out and in.  Solar and wind are good sources of supplemental energy but can’t be relied upon to fully hold up a grid.

As we both stated, natural gas is dirt cheap compared to coal. Natural gas is just as abundant and reliable. Speaking of Life>pollution, ERCOT chose $$$>Life.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Yeah seems like you're regurgitating again instead of looking up facts yourself. 

Communist China is number one. Guess who's number 2 on the list? By the way Russia is 4.  Keep the lefty bashing up while the elite is laughing at how stupid we are arguing amongst ourselves while they only have their best interest in mind.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/greenhouse-gas-emissions-by-country

Did you even read your little linky there…US EPA 🤡reports required by the UN…..yeah like the UN will make China reign in their emissions…all you libtards want to do is hurt the US and let the rest of the world off the hook….take a look at the Netherlands…they are ruining generational farms and forcing them to shut down over environmental issues…go ahead libtard…keep trying to emulate your beloved EU nirvana….it will just end up destroying the “new world order” UN 💩…the only “clean” alternative that nobody will use is Nuclear because of the NIMBY effect….

26 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Why is Europe firing up their coal plants again???

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/06/22/coal-plant-europe-germany-austria-netherlands-russia-gas/

6 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Did you even read your little linky there…US EPA 🤡reports required by the UN…..yeah like the UN will make China reign in their emissions…all you libtards want to do is hurt the US and let the rest of the world off the hook….take a look at the Netherlands…they are ruining generational farms and forcing them to shut down over environmental issues…go ahead libtard…keep trying to emulate your beloved EU nirvana….it will just end up destroying the “new world order” UN 💩…the only “clean” alternative that nobody will use is Nuclear because of the NIMBY effect….

I'm confused about how we got here.