Teachers help Beto raise more money than Greg Abbott this last qtr as race tightens.

BlahBlah

The O'Rourke campaign said nearly all of the more than 511,000 contributions to the campaign, at an average of $54, came from online donors and that teachers contributed more than people from any other occupation

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/2022/07/15/beto-orourke-outraises-greg-abbott-in-campaign-contributions-texas-governor-election-race/65374472007/?utm_source=SND&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_campaign=statesman

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Y’all don’t know about high property taxes or at least I don’t think you do.

I do and it had nothing to do with Abbott.

Yes I do, 80 acres went from 250 thousand dollar value last year.  Now it is 669,000 next year.  House worth 180 last year is now 290 this year.  

Property taxes are a state thing.  Republicans control all Texas branches of govt.   So it is an Abbott thing.  He has no answers.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

Yes I do, 80 acres went from 250 thousand dollar value last year.  Now it is 669,000 next year.  House worth 180 last year is now 290 this year.  

Property taxes are a state thing.  Republicans control all Texas branches of govt.   So it is an Abbott thing.  He has no answers.  

Property taxes are a local thing, county and School if you want to lower your taxes vote for a School Board that will lower property evaluations.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Property taxes are a local thing, county and School if you want to lower your taxes vote for a School Board that will lower property evaluations.  

:BS:

I appealed, and I several others were told his was due to state law.  Plus, what the market demand is right now.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

Already a law you can raise it past 10%. Hope you challenged it. 
abbot signed that law actually 

15 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

The O'Rourke campaign said nearly all of the more than 511,000 contributions to the campaign, at an average of $54, came from online donors and that teachers contributed more than people from any other occupation

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/2022/07/15/beto-orourke-outraises-greg-abbott-in-campaign-contributions-texas-governor-election-race/65374472007/?utm_source=SND&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_campaign=statesman

Government employees give their gov money to someone who wants to spend more gov money. What a joke. 

4 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Law is only good as the enforcement of the law I guess.  No one is going by it at all.  My McClennan county house, my homestead , went up just over 20% this year alone,  

Must be massive loop holes in the law.  

Central Texans receive new property appraisals and many are not happy (kwtx.com)

2 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

Law is only good as the enforcement of the law I guess.  No one is going by it at all.  My McClennan county house, my homestead , went up just over 20% this year alone,  

Must be massive loop holes in the law.  

Central Texans receive new property appraisals and many are not happy (kwtx.com)

Sounds like counties are violating the law......should sue......

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2022 at 8:48 PM, BlahBlah said:

Tax assessor issue.  Not a governor issue.

On 7/16/2022 at 2:17 PM, BlahBlah said:

Teachers...or teachers' unions???

On 7/17/2022 at 5:36 AM, Youngcoach123 said:

Your taxes can't go up more than 10% but your value can--I believe. Meaning that even if the housing market crashes--they could leave your home value where it is and your taxes could still go up 10% over the next couple of years also.