Final Round of The Open today....

regaleagle

It's called simply  "The Open" instead of The British Open......even though it's played in Scotland.  This year is the 150th Open at the Old Course at St. Andrews.  Been relatively wide open without much inclimate weather so far.  Rory McIlroy and Victor Hovland are tied for the lead at 16 under......4 strokes ahead of  Cam Smith and Chris Young.  Scheffler from Texas is 5 back at 11 under.

I'll be pulling for Scottie Scheffler to have a really low round to compete at the finish for the trophy.  My niece Carrie Ann in NYC is the personal assistant to Scheffler's mother in that high profile law firm.  Everything is done remotely now from her Dallas office, but soon Scheffler's Mom will be moving to NYC from Highland Park.  She was offered and came on board of the firm earlier this year.  So I guess I have a vested interest in pulling for Scottie now, Huh? Go Get Em Scottie!!  

• Like 1

And the Champion golfer of the Year is Cameron Smith.......what an excellent display of golf he played today and this week.  He shoots a 64 on the final round and makes up the 4-stroke deficit to win by one stroke.  8-under par and a putting clinic for all to see, this round should and will go down as one of the best ever in ANY major championship, and especially at St. Andrews in the 150th Open Championship.  Just Wowee and Zowie for all golf fans to witness.  McIlroy does not bogey a single hole today with that 4 shot lead......birdies two holes.......but it was not good enough against Mr. Smith on the Links today.

• Like 1