Would your school fire the football coach?

After 9 seasons 

45-33 in the regular season

2019 - 0-10 (2nd winless  season in school history)

3-5 in the playoffs 

1 playoff win since 2016

3 round 1 loses in the playoffs

3 seasons of missed playoffs 

Last 4 seasons record 14-24

Cancels  a rival game After 4 decades (because he hasn't won since 2016)

Does this coach make it where you're from? Or are the for sale signs up in the front yard with a uhaul backed in the driveway?

• SMH 1

Before the Driskell area probably not 

Currently: I could see it going both ways.

No, due to what he has done for Malakoff as a athletic program boys and girls and in football. 

Yes, due to the folk at koff except to make deep playoff runs now and want a SC.

No, I'm not in this category for a yes. I would keep him for what he has done, unless there were both wanting to part ways.

Side note: Driskell hasn't stopped any old rivals on our end, it's been the other way around. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckeyehorns said:

Believe it or not, there are plenty of programs that would love to be over .500 for the decade. 

• Like 4

Give me a little more information if you can before I answer.

What's his district record?  Sometimes that overall regular season record can be tainted with cupcakes.

I think district record and playoff record are much better indicators of a program's success than overall record.

With the information you have supplied I would bet the district winning percentage is less than the regular season winning percentage.  Some coaches like to schedule those "job keepers" during non-district...LOL

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Buckeyehorns said:

After 9 seasons 

3-5 in the playoffs 

1 playoff win since 2016

Does this coach make it where you're from? Or are the for sale signs up in the front yard with a uhaul backed in the driveway?

Absolutely not lol 😆 😂 🤣 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Buckeyehorns said:

After 9 seasons 

3-5 in the playoffs 

1 playoff win since 2016

For sale signs would be flying high.

• Love 1

7 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

Give me a little more information if you can before I answer.

What's his district record?  Sometimes that overall regular season record can be tainted with cupcakes.

I think district record and playoff record are much better indicators of a program's success than overall record.

With the information you have supplied I would bet the district winning percentage is less than the regular season winning percentage.  Some coaches like to schedule those "job keepers" during non-district...LOL

Lol at job keepers 

Question needs to be asked first—- is this a football coach? And is this a baseball school or basketball school? That will determine the decision in Texas 😁. Just saying.

• Buckeyehorns changed the title to Would your school fire the football coach?
6 minutes ago, Destry said:

Question needs to be asked first—- is this a football coach? And is this a baseball school or basketball school? That will determine the decision in Texas 😁. Just saying.

🏈

Depends on where he's coaching.  If he's at Carthage, Celina, Allen, Galena Park, Lake Travis, etc... he needs to go yesterday.  

If he's putting that together at Overton,  Wills Point or Bullard then give that cat a raise! 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

10 hours ago, Racer55 said:

Here’s an even better question for some of y’all. If a coach went 0-10 would he be replaced or not? 

It would be people calling for the coaches job for sure. 

2 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

For a second I thought you were referring to the White Oak coach. 🤣

I’m not. Atlanta just went through it. Just wondering if other programs would do the same.