Would your school fire the football coach?

12 hours ago, trashyhound said:

Depends on where he's coaching.  If he's at Carthage, Celina, Allen, Galena Park, Lake Travis, etc... he needs to go yesterday.  

If he's putting that together at Overton,  Wills Point or Bullard then give that cat a raise! 

White Oak.

14 hours ago, BuckNut said:

In Gilmer he is fired.  SH, Gwater and Pittsburg he keeps his job.

Yeah well before Traylor that kinda guy would have been hailed a savior at Gilmer.  They were happy to beat 2a schools 🤣

There are some other factors that have to be considered in today’s “me generation “. I would be banned if I list any of these reasons so I will just add —- who holds the power in the community? And the courts are packed with lawsuits. 

On 7/18/2022 at 11:35 AM, Buckeyehorns said:

After 9 seasons 

45-33 in the regular season

2019 - 0-10 (2nd winless  season in school history)

3-5 in the playoffs 

1 playoff win since 2016

3 round 1 loses in the playoffs

3 seasons of missed playoffs 

Last 4 seasons record 14-24

Cancels  a rival game After 4 decades (because he hasn't won since 2016)

Does this coach make it where you're from? Or are the for sale signs up in the front yard with a uhaul backed in the driveway?

Sounds like the next firedTexas Longhorns HC. :woot:

• LOL! 2

1 hour ago, Destry said:

There are some other factors that have to be considered in today’s “me generation “. I would be banned if I list any of these reasons so I will just add —- who holds the power in the community? And the courts are packed with lawsuits. 

List'em please. Pretty much the school board who's kept him here 

3 hours ago, Buckeyehorns said:

List'em please. Pretty much the school board who's kept him here 

The Supe can reassign anyone in the District with or without Board approval. However IF the board wants the coach they will fire (can’t reassign) the Supe and let the next one put the Coach back in. Board has to vote to terminate an employee (Coach) contract so that’s out. Even if the Coach does something illegal the board still has to vote to terminate. 

If the board supports the HC he ain’t going anywhere. 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 10:15 PM, Racer55 said:

Wonder what ole 85-6 Andy griffin would think of job keepers. Lol 

He would probably think about his second run at White Oak.

1986 (6-4) 229-212 Andy Griffin
1987 (7-4) 290-169 Andy Griffin
1988 (7-4) 230-195 Andy Griffin
1989 (6-4) 253-156 Andy Griffin
1990 (6-4) 235-184 Andy Griffin
1991 (3-7) 265-314 Andy Griffin
1992 (3-7) 159-210 Andy Griffin
1993 (8-3) 277-226 Andy Griffin
1994 (1-9) 132-301 Andy Griffin

On 7/18/2022 at 9:17 PM, Racer55 said:

WO back in the day—- He Gone

WO now days—-he stays as long as he’s a “good man.” 

On 7/18/2022 at 9:21 PM, Racer55 said:

Here’s an even better question for some of y’all. If a coach went 0-10 would he be replaced or not? 

On 7/18/2022 at 9:36 PM, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Depends 

On 7/19/2022 at 8:36 AM, Bclove05 said:

For a second I thought you were referring to the White Oak coach. 🤣

On 7/19/2022 at 9:43 AM, Buckeyehorns said:

I am.

White Oak won more football games from 2010-2019 than in any decade since segregation ended. Their current AD was the the AD for 50% of that.

White Oak has a lot of very good coaches at their school. Their community is more lucky than they realize.

13 hours ago, Valhalla said:

White Oak won more football games from 2010-2019 than in any decade since segregation ended.

Their current AD was the the AD for 50% of that.

They were pretty good back in the mid 60s - mid 70s .... back around 69-70 I read an article that their all time winning percentage was over 80% ....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Valhalla said:

White Oak won more football games from 2010-2019 than in any decade since segregation ended. Their current AD was the the AD for 50% of that.

White Oak has a lot of very good coaches at their school. Their community is more lucky than they realize.

He also hasn’t won more than 5 games over the last 4 years. 

12 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Lucky? You are delusional. We aren't talking about "coaches" I am talking about the Head Football Coach. Funny you mention 2019 WO went 0-10. 

12 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Compare current staff to some future HOF coaches in the area. Compare current staff to ex WO coaches that are In the HOF. We want more HOF coaches at WO. We need stanford back

6 minutes ago, Buckeyehorns said:

Compare current staff to some future HOF coaches in the area. Compare current staff to ex WO coaches that are In the HOF. We want more HOF coaches at WO. We need stanford back

What? Iske is HOF material. He gave us our first outright DC in 40 years. 

The comparison of coaching staff of current and past is not as relevant as comparing the players from current and past versus the opposing players of current and past.

5 minutes ago, THTFUIL said:

The comparison of coaching staff of current and past is not as relevant as comparing the players from current and past versus the opposing players of current and past.

What?

• LOL! 1

I couldn’t care less about wins or losses for a high school football team if he is checking many other boxes. Sure winning is better then losing but there are other factors that are more important in my opinion.  Does his program turn out quality young men?  Is he an asset to the community?  Thats really the most important things but in our sports crazy society where spending $60-70 million spent on high school football stadiums makes sense to people my views are archaic at best these days.  

2 hours ago, Footballalltheway said:

I couldn’t care less about wins or losses for a high school football team if he is checking many other boxes. Sure winning is better then losing but there are other factors that are more important in my opinion.  Does his program turn out quality young men?  Is he an asset to the community?  Thats really the most important things but in our sports crazy society where spending $60-70 million spent on high school football stadiums makes sense to people my views are archaic at best these days.  

Most coaching or educator people have the same argument, we don’t care how your team performs on Friday night as long as you’re a “good man” that turns out other “good men.” Shoot me? It’s a battle and I want to win! Idc what the coaches do I want to win! Some of the best generals/ coaches/ or leaders don’t always turn out to be good men. Myself? I’m not looking for a pastor I’m looking for a leader that will adapt and adjust and try to win however they can.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Most coaching or educator people have the same argument, we don’t care how your team performs on Friday night as long as you’re a “good man” that turns out other “good men.” Shoot me? It’s a battle and I want to win! Idc what the coaches do I want to win! Some of the best generals/ coaches/ or leaders don’t always turn out to be good men. Myself? I’m not looking for a pastor I’m looking for a leader that will adapt and adjust and try to win however they can.

Al Davis disciple - "Just win, baby!"   Lol

3 hours ago, Footballalltheway said:

He's none of the above. Luckily WO only has to deal with him one more season. 

53 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

That's right.

And ISKE IS NO LEADER. 

8 minutes ago, Buckeyehorns said:

He's none of the above. Luckily WO only has to deal with him one more season. 

You should put a presentation together detailing all the things that the HC is doing wrong and then submit it for him to review. I have always found that the greatest "football minds" are in the stands. Coaches are usually clueless when it comes to football.