EF Football

Ijustwatch

3 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

They used to be really good. I used to hear about them all the time. What happened? Just cyclical? 

Have lost a big senior class and breaking in a New Coach.  Class sizes have shrunk and the numbers are way down I bet when school starts our number is closer to 225 instead of the 248 they turned in.  But EF is has been a winning program the past few years going deep in playoffs just 2 seasons ago and making it to the 2nd round last year with several injuries.  This will be a rebuild year not a Re-load for the Jackets.  They will Fight and surprise some people I am sure #JacketPride 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have a idea why jobs, family’s Location most kids are going back to big program and there no work for the family to keep them around there are three small town school that will always have money Waskom,Tatum Carthage EF in 2000s had the Enrollment and jobs i wish EF can get back so Waskom and EF will mean more then just District championship 

On 7/20/2022 at 2:16 PM, jacket52 said:

Have lost a big senior class and breaking in a New Coach.  Class sizes have shrunk and the numbers are way down I bet when school starts our number is closer to 225 instead of the 248 they turned in.  But EF is has been a winning program the past few years going deep in playoffs just 2 seasons ago and making it to the 2nd round last year with several injuries.  This will be a rebuild year not a Re-load for the Jackets.  They will Fight and surprise some people I am sure #JacketPride 

EF turned in 253, if they turned in 248 they would be 2AD1. They may be at 248 right now I assume that is what you mean. Waskom also has some small classes coming up in the next alignment and will be close to the 255 mark.  

4 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

EF turned in 253, if they turned in 248 they would be 2AD1. They may be at 248 right now I assume that is what you mean. Waskom also has some small classes coming up in the next alignment and will be close to the 255 mark.  

The cutoff number for 2A DI generally goes up a few each realignment .... for decades Garrison wound up just missing dropping down ending up as one of the smallest schools in their classification.  In 2003 when we won the state championship in what is now 3A DIi we were one of the smallest schools in the state in that classification, just missing 2A .... sometimes you are a small fish in a big pond and sometimes you are a big fish in a small pond and that can make you or break you .... Tatum has experienced the same thing .... In my opinion, Garrison accepts too many transfers from Central Heights and other schools .... although I was told schools can't deny transfers below the high school level ...

1 hour ago, Wild74 said:

I think it’s realistic to see most of the 3A D2 traditional powers drop down. Canadian has some very small classes coming up. 

realistically Canadian, Waskom, Newton, EF,  and maybe daingerfield.

4 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

The cutoff number for 2A DI generally goes up a few each realignment .... for decades Garrison wound up just missing dropping down ending up as one of the smallest schools in their classification.  In 2003 when we won the state championship in what is now 3A DIi we were one of the smallest schools in the state in that classification, just missing 2A .... sometimes you are a small fish in a big pond and sometimes you are a big fish in a small pond and that can make you or break you .... Tatum has experienced the same thing .... In my opinion, Garrison accepts too many transfers from Central Heights and other schools .... although I was told schools can't deny transfers below the high school level ...

Bulldogs were tough as woodpecker lips in 2003. 

2022 Alignment Numbers

Abernathy 256 
Canadian 280

Daingerfield 271

De Kalb 254

Elysian Fields  253

Newton 260

Poth 258

Tidehaven 260

Waskom 276

Alot of really good football being played amongst those teams who are all within dropping distance if the numbers move much/a small class comes through

6 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

I think it’s realistic to see most of the 3A D2 traditional powers drop down. Canadian has some very small classes coming up. 

realistically Canadian, Waskom, Newton, EF,  and maybe daingerfield.

Canadian current sophomore class is the last big one. Every one after is much smaller. I think we will go back down, and probably not come back up again.

2 hours ago, villagegenius said:

2022 Alignment Numbers

Abernathy 256 
Canadian 280

Daingerfield 271

De Kalb 254

Elysian Fields  253

Newton 260

Poth 258

Tidehaven 260

Waskom 276

Alot of really good football being played amongst those teams who are all within dropping distance if the numbers move much/a small class comes through

Could you imagine losing these teams to 2ad1 while losing Franklin and Gunter to 3ad1... what would the landscape look like for 3ad2... who would be the favorites

2 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Could you imagine losing these teams to 2ad1 while losing Franklin and Gunter to 3ad1... what would the landscape look like for 3ad2... who would be the favorites

WIDE OPEN!

I think the playoffs would actually be pretty boring.

East Bernard most years in Region 4

West Rusk if they can continue their last decade or so in Region 3.

Region 2? Maybe Holliday? 
Region 1? Wall/Childress?

I don’t know man that’d be Christmas in February for a whole heck of a lot of teams.

And wow 2A-D1 would be DYNAMITE to watch. 

Poth and Tidehaven probably can’t hang with Refugio/Shiner but they would add some good depth to the region.

Region 3 would become an absolute blood bath, even more than it already is.

Region 2 you might see DF and De Kalb and they’d run the region with ease.

Region 1 would be Canadians to lose yearly. 

18 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

WIDE OPEN!

I think the playoffs would actually be pretty boring.

East Bernard most years in Region 4

West Rusk if they can continue their last decade or so in Region 3.

Region 2? Maybe Holliday? 
Region 1? Wall/Childress?

I don’t know man that’d be Christmas in February for a whole heck of a lot of teams.

And wow 2A-D1 would be DYNAMITE to watch. 

Poth and Tidehaven probably can’t hang with Refugio/Shiner but they would add some good depth to the region.

Region 3 would become an absolute blood bath, even more than it already is.

Region 2 you might see DF and De Kalb and they’d run the region with ease.

Region 1 would be Canadians to lose yearly. 

I think Poth could have beaten Refugio this past year... they hung with Shiner for a half and held Shiner to 184 total yards..... Tidehaven is a mystery. Region 4 I believe would also add a team like Marlin who is on the up and coming.

Region 3 blood bath

Region 2 I believe would have more 2ad1 school that is already 2ad1 like Hawley Crawford ect... and would have DF and DE Kalb in the region 3 area so it would be a mystery in region 2

Region 1.... Canadian and it wouldn't be close

39 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

The 3AD2 number will increase along with the 2AD1 number.

1 hour ago, THEHARDWAY said:

Yes, but with GT growth I don’t see them staying down

I agree could be d1 next realignment. It's crazy to think that Newton, Waskom, Canadian, Gunter, and Franklin could all be out of 3ad2 by next realignment. Which Franklin already is d1 and growing and might never drop back down it 3ad2. Since 2014 when 6a started up these 5 schools have either played each other or have played in the state championship game every year

20 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I agree could be d1 next realignment. It's crazy to think that Newton, Waskom, Canadian, Gunter, and Franklin could all be out of 3ad2 by next realignment. Which Franklin already is d1 and growing and might never drop back down it 3ad2. Since 2014 when 6a started up these 5 schools have either played each other or have played in the state championship game every year

No doubt. That’s a really cool stat. Says a lot about the consistency of the PROGRAMS. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 12:24 PM, Wild74 said:

Point I was trying to make is EF has lost around 20 or more kids since the number was turned in but people that Sleep on the YellowJackets usually get Stung !! #

On 8/1/2022 at 10:58 AM, KirtFalcon said:

I doubt it goes up that much ....

I agree. Think it will be a slower increase. For Canadian I’m attributing is dropping next alignment or two due to lower enrollment. Also don’t ever really see us going back up again