Sideline to Sideline 4A and 3A Toughest Districts

Gsquared

3A-D2 Region 3

DISTRICT 11 - Hands down toughest in the region. Looks to be a duel every Friday night, 2 decent teams will be sitting at home. 

DISTRICT 9 - A step up from last season but not as strong as 11. With West Rusk the clear favorite Arp, Troup, Grand Saline, and Edgewood will be contending for the 3 remaining spots.

DISTRICT 10 - This looks to be the most competitive district. Nobody stands out as an obvious favorite. Should be fun to watch. 

DISTRICT 12 - Newton and New Waverly then the rest. 

The more I think on it, the more I think 9-4A D1 is gonna be an absolute crazy year. I can see everyone but Athens making playoffs. Who gets 1st-4th is a toss-up. I think CHill is definitely the favorite to win district. After that, you can make the case for Lindale, Kilgore, Jax, Pal & Hendo to get 2nd-4th with CHill not winning district a possibility too. Their offense will be a nightmare, no doubt. But they’ll need to do some rebuilding on defense to be elite. They certainly have the capabilities & coach R has them headed in the right direction. 

39 minutes ago, WestRusk2009 said:

3A-D2 Region 3

DISTRICT 11 - Hands down toughest in the region. Looks to be a duel every Friday night, 2 decent teams will be sitting at home. 

DISTRICT 9 - A step up from last season but not as strong as 11. With West Rusk the clear favorite Arp, Troup, Grand Saline, and Edgewood will be contending for the 3 remaining spots.

DISTRICT 10 - This looks to be the most competitive district. Nobody stands out as an obvious favorite. Should be fun to watch. 

Is it just me or does football nowadays seem less exciting 

On 7/21/2022 at 1:38 PM, WestRusk2009 said:

3A-D2 Region 3

Pretty accurate assessment. Someone who doesn’t make the playoffs out of 11 probably makes it in the other 3 districts.

If you take West Rusk out of 9, it’s a bad district. Those teams will all be competitive with each other, but the district very possibly goes 1-3 in round 1.

10 is going to be an interesting watch. De Kalb, New Boston, Hooks and Pewitt could all finish in any order 1-4. Don’t see either of the others cracking the top 4. 

Newton should be really good. A lot of folks down 45 think New Waverly has a shot at knocking them off, but I just don’t see it happening. That would throw in me heck of a wrench into the playoff bracket if it were to happen .

1 hour ago, Panther89 said:

7-4A DII is pretty tough! 
Gilmer, Spring Hill, Pleasant Grove, Pittsburg, & Liberty-Eylau! 

Top 3: Gilmer, Pleasant Grove, and Spring Hill! 

Panther89 - I love me some SH too, but I’d say Pitt earned that #3 spot until we can take it away from them.  We should be 4A and 4B with LE and NL is a distant 6.

Guest Tiger03lb
9 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Just tried to listen to it... it's saying episode does not exist

Everyone knows y'all got the toughest district. 😆

Guest Tiger03lb
8 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Not what they said... they said district 3 in 3ad2 was the toughest overall from both 3a and 4a 😆

Haven't gotten to listen yet. Should be interesting 

13 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Not what they said... they said district 3 in 3ad2 was the toughest overall from both 3a and 4a 😆

Fairly valid argument for District 3 in 3A DII, honestly. Canadian SHOULD win that district, but Childress could surprise again, and Spearman has been on a good run. Decent depth in that district, which should make consistently tight matchups every Friday through district play, and I think as easy as it is to pick Canadian, it's not as much a foregone conclusion as it has been in recent years.

Now, if you want to argue District 11 in 3A DI is toughest overall, I'm not gonna fight you too hard on it. I certainly think it's the toughest district in 3A Div. I. Two defending state champions, and some pretty good depth behind them is going to make for some fun matchups. That said, I don't know that LRA, Yoe, Rockdale or Troy have much more than a puncher's chance against Franklin or Lorena. But the fight for the 3rd and 4th playoff spots are going to be very entertaining, and could lead to a F11 upset over the W12 in that bi-district round.

4 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Fairly valid argument for District 3 in 3A DII, honestly. Canadian SHOULD win that district, but Childress could surprise again, and Spearman has been on a good run. Decent depth in that district, which should make consistently tight matchups every Friday through district play, and I think as easy as it is to pick Canadian, it's not as much a foregone conclusion as it has been in recent years.

Now, if you want to argue District 11 in 3A DI is toughest overall, I'm not gonna fight you too hard on it. I certainly think it's the toughest district in 3A Div. I. Two defending state champions, and some pretty good depth behind them is going to make for some fun matchups. That said, I don't know that LRA, Yoe, Rockdale or Troy have much more than a puncher's chance against Franklin or Lorena. But the fight for the 3rd and 4th playoff spots are going to be very entertaining, and could lead to a F11 upset over the W12 in that bi-district round.

LRA could easily take the #1 spot in district 11 and have either Franklin or Lorena the 3 seed. Cameron will also have Rhodes in his 2nd year back. Rockdale is supposed to be much improved as well. I think district 11 in d1 has more depth then district 3 in d2 as far as quality teams. We are talking about a district with 5 total playoff teams with a 3rd round team and two state champions vs a district with Canadian and maybe Childress but I see Canadian who had a ton of injuries lastvl year running through this district

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

LRA could easily take the #1 spot in district 11 and have either Franklin or Lorena the 3 seed. Cameron will also have Rhodes in his 2nd year back. Rockdale is supposed to be much improved as well. I think district 11 in d1 has more depth then district 3 in d2 as far as quality teams. We are talking about a district with 5 total playoff teams with a 3rd round team and two state champions vs a district with Canadian and maybe Childress but I see Canadian who had a ton of injuries lastvl year running through this district

LRA is gonna need a lot more in the tank to take the top spot. I think they’re a 3rd place team in District 11. I think Yoe still has a bit of rebuilding to do, and I just don’t trust Rockdale.

But I hear ya, and like I said, I’m not gonna push back much at District 11 being the toughest district overall in 4A/3A.

Guest Tiger03lb
5 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

LRA is going to surprise some folks this year, imo. Honestly they were in some tough games last season and it was to the end of the diboll/lra game that could've been either teams to win. Just two good teams. I don't think depth or not having enough in the tank is going to effect them. 

46 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

LRA is gonna need a lot more in the tank to take the top spot. I think they’re a 3rd place team in District 11. I think Yoe still has a bit of rebuilding to do, and I just don’t trust Rockdale.

But I hear ya, and like I said, I’m not gonna push back much at District 11 being the toughest district overall in 4A/3A.

LRA brings back 8/9 and the best players will be juniors. Their qb is accurate and they have size, speed, and depth. They lost by 3 to diboll in the 3rd round with a ton of sophmores. I think district 3 in d2 will be a tough district but idk how you put them over district 11 imo

35 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

LRA is going to surprise some folks this year, imo. Honestly they were in some tough games last season and it was to the end of the diboll/lra game that could've been either teams to win. Just two good teams. I don't think depth or not having enough in the tank is going to effect them. 

LRA will be a well rounded team. Can't sneak up on the ones paying attention to them.