Sideline to Sideline 4A and 3A Toughest Districts

Gsquared

20 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Not what they said... they said district 3 in 3ad2 was the toughest overall from both 3a and 4a 😆

With all due respect to them and you, that sentiment is laughable. And I’m in district 9-4A D1, the notorious district of doom and even I know that 5-4A D1 is insane with 3 teams ranked in the top 7. 1,2 & 7……… That’s pretty crazy. 

3 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

With all due respect to them and you, that sentiment is laughable. And I’m in district 9-4A D1, the notorious district of doom and even I know that 5-4A D1 is insane with 3 teams ranked in the top 7. 1,2 & 7……… That’s pretty crazy. 

We can be hyperbolic but I do feel it MIGHT be the toughest...I like 9-4A D1...but I need to see Henderson back to being a threat and what Jax will do dropping down because  I can see CH, Kilgore, and Lindale running away from the rest 

10 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

I think what you’re saying is that particular 3A district may be toughest tomorrow to bottom? Because there is no way they could beat a 9-4A or 5-4A head to head actually playing each other. Not happening. 

When they talk about toughest district it means who could they see making playoffs from top to bottom. Pretty much everyone in the 7 team district in 11-3AD1 could make playoffs because that is how deep the district is. 5-4A Lorena played China Spirngs with in 7 points and Franklin beat Lorena so yes I think some of these teams could play with 5-4a. 9-4a does not scare me at all imo. Now both are really tough districts and have the right to argue the claim. But as far as not being able to play with them is a reach. Franklin gets an early look at China Spring for a scrimmage and then Lorena gets them week 1 or week 2

40 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

When they talk about toughest district it means who could they see making playoffs from top to bottom. Pretty much everyone in the 7 team district in 11-3AD1 could make playoffs because that is how deep the district is. 5-4A Lorena played China Spirngs with in 7 points and Franklin beat Lorena so yes I think some of these teams could play with 5-4a. 9-4a does not scare me at all imo. Now both are really tough districts and have the right to argue the claim. But as far as not being able to play with them is a reach. Franklin gets an early look at China Spring for a scrimmage and then Lorena gets them week 1 or week 2

I see what you’re saying. In 9-4A Athens isn’t making the playoffs. It’s just not happening. But in that district, they could all qualify.  I see what ya’ll are talking about and respect that line of thinking. 

40 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

I see what you’re saying. In 9-4A Athens isn’t making the playoffs. It’s just not happening. But in that district, they could all qualify.  I see what ya’ll are talking about and respect that line of thinking. 

I would be willing to bet that Athens could very well not make the playoffs in 3ad1 if they had to play in district 11 and if they did maybe the 4th place team. Dont think they could beat Lorena Franklin or Academy. Maybe Rockdale or Yoe because those two are still question marks. But if Rhodes gets Yoe back to being Yoe this year then Athens would miss the playoffs in this district as well.

30 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I would be willing to bet that Athens could very well not make the playoffs in 3ad1 if they had to play in district 11 and if they did maybe the 4th place team. Dont think they could beat Lorena Franklin or Academy. Maybe Rockdale or Yoe because those two are still question marks. But if Rhodes gets Yoe back to being Yoe this year then Athens would miss the playoffs in this district as well.

I can see that. 

12 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

I think what you’re saying is that particular 3A district may be toughest tomorrow to bottom? Because there is no way they could beat a 9-4A or 5-4A head to head actually playing each other. Not happening. 

It was not about which district would win in head to head . we never try to compare 3A teams to 4A teams in less they dropped or went up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

9-4A should scare you, but it’s OK. Fun to fantasize. All good. 

5 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Lorena or Franklin have almost zero chance of beating Stephenville, CHill, Kilgore etc etc. the percentages are low. come on man. 

Franklin and Lorena are more then capable of playing well against those teams. Computer has both Franklin and Lorena are favorites over CHill and Kilgore

Screenshot_20220727-143222_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220727-143147_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220727-143103_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

9-4A should scare you, but it’s OK. Fun to fantasize. All good. 

Why? Yall dont have big dog Carthage in yalls district anymore... this is not the same district of doom of years past. Henderson is not the power they used to be or Kilgore plus no Carthage

14 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Franklin and Lorena are more then capable of playing well against those teams. Computer has both Franklin and Lorena are favorites over CHill and Kilgore

Screenshot_20220727-143222_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220727-143147_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220727-143103_Samsung Internet.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is awesome. Yeah. Those 3A schools are favorites over DCTF’s #3 team in the state! BWAHAHAHAHAHAH. BRO, what you got I want some of…. Roll it up, light it up, smoke it up! Wow 

This is the equivalent of a Chapel Hill fan telling me they could hang with Aledo, or College station, or Denton Ryan…… NO…… they can’t! AHAHAHAHAHAH  This is awesome  it’s been a day  I needed this laugh. Thanks Franklin homer  I appreciate this  I’m sure Franklin and Lorena are good, please know, I’m not taking that away from them, probably end up a shame they’ll be in same region and division, but this is funny. while we’re at it, they can both hang with Stephenville too and Carthage! Sure, let’s throw them in there. May as well throw Austin Westlake, north shore and Duncanville in there too  ….. come on man  ….. clown world is over with now  

11 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is awesome. Yeah. Those 3A schools are favorites over DCTF’s #3 team in the state! BWAHAHAHAHAHAH. BRO, what you got I want some of…. Roll it up, light it up, smoke it up! 

You do realize that both Franklin and Lorena are ranked #2 and #3 in the state as well.... Shiner was ranked #1 in 2ad1 and was favored by Dave Campbell to win both 3ad1 and d2 the last two years.

3 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

This is the equivalent of a Chapel Hill fan telling me they could hang with Aledo, or College station, or Denton Ryan…… NO…… they can’t! AHAHAHAHAHAH  This is awesome  it’s been a day  I needed this laugh. Thanks Franklin homer  I appreciate this  I’m sure Franklin and Lorena are good, please know, I’m not taking that away from them, probably end up a shame they’ll be in same region and division, but this is funny. while we’re at it, they can both hang with Stephenville too and Carthage! Sure, let’s throw them in there. May as well throw Austin Westlake, north shore and Duncanville in there too  ….. come on man  ….. clown world is over with now  

Do I think we could hang with Carthage no... college station no... Westlake, Duncanville, ect no. Dallas Cowboys... maybe (slight dig) But I hate to break it to you..  no one in yalls district is on any of these teams level. Mart moves up and plays top 10 ranked teams from higher divisions and beat them. But God forbid a ranked 3a school could beat a ranked 4a school... didn't Newton Beat WO-S when both were ranked?

With all due respect, I just don’t agree with the sentiment. Do I think it could happen? Sure. You’d be a fool to think it couldn’t. But to arrogantly and cockily act like it’s just a given is an absolute joke. I get they’re good and ya’ll are coming off a state championship high. Congratulations and we’ll earned. I mean that. But if Franklin played Chill 10 times, I’d be worried about it once. 90/10 is how I’d see it. You’re still a 3A. It’s not personal. Just an opinion. I’m sure they’ll battle it out in the regional finals to see who wins state. I’m sure it will be Franklin as you’re already assuming you’d be making playoffs in the 2nd hardest district in 4A-D1…. Good thing you’re not overconfident or cocky (rolls eyes)…. 

btw, great dig at the Dallas cowjokes ….. we’ll played sir. 

40 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

You do realize that both Franklin and Lorena are ranked #2 and #3 in the state as well.... Shiner was ranked #1 in 2ad1 and was favored by Dave Campbell to win both 3ad1 and d2 the last two years.

So shiner would have beaten ya’ll last year is what you’re saying. 

I tell you what. I’m a post earlier I said it would be 90% to 10% Chill vs. Franklin. Or Lorena. Either. I’ll go 80/20. That better? Think it would be closer? Or better yet, let’s go Stephenville vs either. What would you out there percentage at? State champs vs state champs? Better than 80/20? Do tell. 

56 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Do I think we could hang with Carthage no... college station no... Westlake, Duncanville, ect no. Dallas Cowboys... maybe (slight dig) But I hate to break it to you..  no one in yalls district is on any of these teams level. Mart moves up and plays top 10 ranked teams from higher divisions and beat them. But God forbid a ranked 3a school could beat a ranked 4a school... didn't Newton Beat WO-S when both were ranked?

You are talking/arguing with a guy who thinks district teams that get first and second in district will/would play in the area finals, while they actually will/would play in the regional finals.............So, my advice, just leave it alone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LetsGoEagles said:

With all due respect, I just don’t agree with the sentiment. Do I think it could happen? Sure. You’d be a fool to think it couldn’t. But to arrogantly and cockily act like it’s just a given is an absolute joke. I get they’re good and ya’ll are coming off a state championship high. Congratulations and we’ll earned. I mean that. But if Franklin played Chill 10 times, I’d be worried about it once. 90/10 is how I’d see it. You’re still a 3A. It’s not personal. Just an opinion. I’m sure they’ll battle it out in the regional finals to see who wins state. I’m sure it will be Franklin as you’re already assuming you’d be making playoffs in the 2nd hardest district in 4A-D1…. Good thing you’re not overconfident or cocky (rolls eyes)…. 

btw, great dig at the Dallas cowjokes ….. we’ll played sir. 

Not overconfident just confident... BTW toughest district could be a district will everyone starting district with a 0-3 record but play everyone close in district.... toughest district could be a district that gets swept in the first round but had to fight and claw to make the playoffs. That is what they are talking about.