Anyone still waiting on helmets?!?!

GNR

We still have not received our helmets back from reconditioning.  Over heard several coaches at coaching school saying they were told it would be mid Aug. before they are shipped.  Of course its being blamed on c o v i d!!

On 7/21/2022 at 2:43 PM, GNR said:

We still have not received our helmets back from reconditioning.  Over heard several coaches at coaching school saying they were told it would be mid Aug. before they are shipped.  Of course its being blamed on c o v i d!!

Who's saying it's C*V*D?

The helmet company (whom I spoke to), they will not take helmet orders until Oct. and the coaches that I spoke to said they were told the same thing.  Everything that has been ordered and not here yet is "C o v i d's" fault, per vendor.  He says no one wants to work.  Maybe its an excuse that everyone accepts, idk.  All I know is we need our helmets before Aug. 1st (they were shipped off in April).

Our little league program has had trouble past couple years of getting helmets. We are told college comes first then high school, so covid may be the excuse but it could also be college helmets are first priority. 

Helmet companies rely on China. China’s production for the US has slowed down for a couple of reasons…Covid is one of them and tariffs are another. 

ALSO, with helmets primarily coming from China that means they’re shipped in through California which has been a problem in getting things through to the rest of the US. 

If you think helmets are going to be an issue, I heard a rumor that unless people order baseballs and softballs no later than Sept 1 they won’t get them. 

I’m also hearing of coaches that ordered game cleats back in February that still haven’t received them. 

All I’ve got to say is good luck. People are still getting theirs slowly in. 

But I’m going to go back to my earlier point…when we’re heavily relying on the East Asian labor force to provide the products we use on a daily basis AND those products are being shipped in from California this is going to happen. 

And if you’re frustrated now, just wait and see if the Monkey Pox thing starts to gain more traction. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nationalpastime said:

All I’ve got to say is good luck. People are still getting theirs slowly in. 

But I’m going to go back to my earlier point…when we’re heavily relying on the East Asian labor force to provide the products we use on a daily basis AND those products are being shipped in from California this is going to happen. 

And if you’re frustrated now, just wait and see if the Monkey Pox thing starts to gain more traction. 

We always sent ours to Odessa.....lol.....

• 2 weeks later...