Jump to content

UPDATE: UIL gives two-year playoff ban to Alto


Recommended Posts

I'm just curious as to who cryed foul? Whom was so intimidated by the jackets that they would report this to uil? Was it an inside job from butthurt or external forces who were in fear of playing real football against quality? I personally would never believe that a storied and proud team such as alto would even consider such nefarious acts.hell the alto I know would play Lobo in Longview and maybe outnumber them with fans,if they were on the schedule,I know with heartfelt pride that the jacket band would put em on notice...lol...that band gets a stadium rocking,Personally I am looking forward to Carlisle,alto and tenaha being in same dist, last time we played tenaha they pulled the roof in on our heads,and alto always comes in swinging 👀

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

hell the alto I know would play Lobo in Longview and maybe outnumber them with fans,if they were on the schedule

Don't bring us into this! 🤨

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

I'm just curious as to who cryed foul? Whom was so intimidated by the jackets that they would report this to uil? Was it an inside job from butthurt or external forces who were in fear of playing real football against quality? I personally would never believe that a storied and proud team such as alto would even consider such nefarious acts.hell the alto I know would play Lobo in Longview and maybe outnumber them with fans,if they were on the schedule,I know with heartfelt pride that the jacket band would put em on notice...lol...that band gets a stadium rocking,Personally I am looking forward to Carlisle,alto and tenaha being in same dist, last time we played tenaha they pulled the roof in on our heads,and alto always comes in swinging 👀

Does it matter? I get where you are coming from, and Alto does have some awesome gameday atmospheres…but IF (and it’s a big IF until facts come out Tuesday morning) they cheated to get their numbers down, they have to be punished. Doesn’t matter how it got turned in, cheating is cheating and in this case it would be a matter that could drastically impact not only their season but seasons of a lot of folks in D2. 
 

*And to clarify, I am not saying they did/did not cheat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, villagegenius said:

Does it matter? I get where you are coming from, and Alto does have some awesome gameday atmospheres…but IF (and it’s a big IF until facts come out Tuesday morning) they cheated to get their numbers down, they have to be punished. Doesn’t matter how it got turned in, cheating is cheating and in this case it would be a matter that could drastically impact not only their season but seasons of a lot of folks in D2. 
 

*And to clarify, I am not saying they did/did not cheat. 

Question,if they didn't and it becomes obvious this was a bs move,does the person or persons that brought this forward get punished in any way for tarnishing a schools character? Lawsuits for liable or any such?  Just asking for clarification. Not saying they did or didn't fudge numbers,personally don't think so but you never know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Question,if they didn't and it becomes obvious this was a bs move,does the person or persons that brought this forward get punished in any way for tarnishing a schools character? Lawsuits for liable or any such?  Just asking for clarification. Not saying they did or didn't fudge numbers,personally don't think so but you never know.

I don’t have a good answer for that. The UIL would just deal with the school part of it. I’m sure it would be up to the individual school district to handle any punishment of an individual. Like Greezy has said, too many unknowns right now to say anything one way or the other. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/30/2022 at 6:25 PM, villagegenius said:

I don’t have a good answer for that. The UIL would just deal with the school part of it. I’m sure it would be up to the individual school district to handle any punishment of an individual. Like Greezy has said, too many unknowns right now to say anything one way or the other. 
 

 

I would hate for the kids or the new coach to be punished for something they had nothing to do with, but if any school should be a D1 and instead are allowed to play D2 then that would not be fair to the smaller division schools.  On the other hand, I think Lufkin's soccer team was able to keep a state championship several years ago when they should've been playing up one division.  I don't think the error was discovered until after the season was over. Lufkin ISD confirms turning in faulty numbers to UIL (ktre.com)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, neveragain said:

I would hate for the kids or the new coach to be punished for something they had nothing to do with, but if any school should be a D1 and instead are allowed to play D2 then that would not be fair to the smaller division schools.  On the other hand, I think Lufkin's soccer team was able to keep a state championship several years ago when they should've been playing up one division.  I don't think the error was discovered until after the season was over. Lufkin ISD confirms turning in faulty numbers to UIL (ktre.com)

 

IF (emphasized) there is going to be disciplinary action, I can’t see how moving them back up for 2022-23 is an option. It doesn’t matter which way you go, the impact on scheduling for dozens of schools would be tremendous. I don’t know what the solution is, but telling not only the schools on Alto’s schedule, but the ones in the district they get moved to, as well as all of the schools on all of those team’s’ schedules would be chaotic at best. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

IF (emphasized) there is going to be disciplinary action, I can’t see how moving them back up for 2022-23 is an option. It doesn’t matter which way you go, the impact on scheduling for dozens of schools would be tremendous. I don’t know what the solution is, but telling not only the schools on Alto’s schedule, but the ones in the district they get moved to, as well as all of the schools on all of those team’s’ schedules would be chaotic at best. 

If there is ruling against Alto, which is just speculation at this point, about the only realistic  thing that the UIL could do is impose a post season ineligibility for two years .... which would cover the period until the next realignment  .... and that’s pure speculation on my part .... that would not require any rescheduling of regular season games .... hopefully there is nothing to this and everything goes on as normal ....

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • LOL changed the title to UPDATE: UIL gives two-year playoff ban to Alto

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...