UPDATE: UIL gives two-year playoff ban to Alto

ChicoEsquela

I'm just curious as to who cryed foul? Whom was so intimidated by the jackets that they would report this to uil? Was it an inside job from butthurt or external forces who were in fear of playing real football against quality? I personally would never believe that a storied and proud team such as alto would even consider such nefarious acts.hell the alto I know would play Lobo in Longview and maybe outnumber them with fans,if they were on the schedule,I know with heartfelt pride that the jacket band would put em on notice...lol...that band gets a stadium rocking,Personally I am looking forward to Carlisle,alto and tenaha being in same dist, last time we played tenaha they pulled the roof in on our heads,and alto always comes in swinging 👀

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

I'm just curious as to who cryed foul? Whom was so intimidated by the jackets that they would report this to uil? Was it an inside job from butthurt or external forces who were in fear of playing real football against quality? I personally would never believe that a storied and proud team such as alto would even consider such nefarious acts.hell the alto I know would play Lobo in Longview and maybe outnumber them with fans,if they were on the schedule,I know with heartfelt pride that the jacket band would put em on notice...lol...that band gets a stadium rocking,Personally I am looking forward to Carlisle,alto and tenaha being in same dist, last time we played tenaha they pulled the roof in on our heads,and alto always comes in swinging 👀

Does it matter? I get where you are coming from, and Alto does have some awesome gameday atmospheres…but IF (and it’s a big IF until facts come out Tuesday morning) they cheated to get their numbers down, they have to be punished. Doesn’t matter how it got turned in, cheating is cheating and in this case it would be a matter that could drastically impact not only their season but seasons of a lot of folks in D2. 

*And to clarify, I am not saying they did/did not cheat. 

1 hour ago, villagegenius said:

Does it matter? I get where you are coming from, and Alto does have some awesome gameday atmospheres…but IF (and it’s a big IF until facts come out Tuesday morning) they cheated to get their numbers down, they have to be punished. Doesn’t matter how it got turned in, cheating is cheating and in this case it would be a matter that could drastically impact not only their season but seasons of a lot of folks in D2. 

*And to clarify, I am not saying they did/did not cheat. 

Question,if they didn't and it becomes obvious this was a bs move,does the person or persons that brought this forward get punished in any way for tarnishing a schools character? Lawsuits for liable or any such?  Just asking for clarification. Not saying they did or didn't fudge numbers,personally don't think so but you never know.

5 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Question,if they didn't and it becomes obvious this was a bs move,does the person or persons that brought this forward get punished in any way for tarnishing a schools character? Lawsuits for liable or any such?  Just asking for clarification. Not saying they did or didn't fudge numbers,personally don't think so but you never know.

I don’t have a good answer for that. The UIL would just deal with the school part of it. I’m sure it would be up to the individual school district to handle any punishment of an individual. Like Greezy has said, too many unknowns right now to say anything one way or the other. 

On 7/30/2022 at 6:25 PM, villagegenius said:

I don’t have a good answer for that. The UIL would just deal with the school part of it. I’m sure it would be up to the individual school district to handle any punishment of an individual. Like Greezy has said, too many unknowns right now to say anything one way or the other. 

I would hate for the kids or the new coach to be punished for something they had nothing to do with, but if any school should be a D1 and instead are allowed to play D2 then that would not be fair to the smaller division schools.  On the other hand, I think Lufkin's soccer team was able to keep a state championship several years ago when they should've been playing up one division.  I don't think the error was discovered until after the season was over. Lufkin ISD confirms turning in faulty numbers to UIL (ktre.com)

8 minutes ago, neveragain said:

I would hate for the kids or the new coach to be punished for something they had nothing to do with, but if any school should be a D1 and instead are allowed to play D2 then that would not be fair to the smaller division schools.  On the other hand, I think Lufkin's soccer team was able to keep a state championship several years ago when they should've been playing up one division.  I don't think the error was discovered until after the season was over. Lufkin ISD confirms turning in faulty numbers to UIL (ktre.com)

IF (emphasized) there is going to be disciplinary action, I can’t see how moving them back up for 2022-23 is an option. It doesn’t matter which way you go, the impact on scheduling for dozens of schools would be tremendous. I don’t know what the solution is, but telling not only the schools on Alto’s schedule, but the ones in the district they get moved to, as well as all of the schools on all of those team’s’ schedules would be chaotic at best. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

IF (emphasized) there is going to be disciplinary action, I can’t see how moving them back up for 2022-23 is an option. It doesn’t matter which way you go, the impact on scheduling for dozens of schools would be tremendous. I don’t know what the solution is, but telling not only the schools on Alto’s schedule, but the ones in the district they get moved to, as well as all of the schools on all of those team’s’ schedules would be chaotic at best. 

If there is ruling against Alto, which is just speculation at this point, about the only realistic  thing that the UIL could do is impose a post season ineligibility for two years .... which would cover the period until the next realignment  .... and that’s pure speculation on my part .... that would not require any rescheduling of regular season games .... hopefully there is nothing to this and everything goes on as normal ....

• Like 3

Just now, StillGreezy said:

But what did they actually do?

Is this why Gamble left?  

Twitter showing they made an error of 3 students when reporting number. Apparently after this season, they can leave current district with unanimous vote, and enter a 2ad1 district with a unanimous vote and be eligible for playoffs. 

At least that is what Stepp is retweeting. Feel bad for the kids and new coach

It is very hard to believe that no one in the district was aware how holding the enrollment of 3 students could change their division alignment.  I don't know of any other district that does not enter students as soon as possible when they enroll simply because of the financial implications.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, StillGreezy said:

But what did they actually do?

Is this why Gamble left?  

According to the Alto superintendent, the coach was let go sometime in the winter months...she says no one was aware of the enrollment issue until May so if everyone is correct on the timeline then Coach Gamble had nothing to do with it.

9 minutes ago, THEHARDWAY said:

Twitter showing they made an error of 3 students when reporting number. Apparently after this season, they can leave current district with unanimous vote, and enter a 2ad1 district with a unanimous vote and be eligible for playoffs. 

At least that is what Stepp is retweeting. Feel bad for the kids and new coach

You would think it would be hard to get unanimous vote next year to move districts also. Way too many schedules affected.

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: UIL gives two-year playoff ban to Alto