UPDATE: UIL gives two-year playoff ban to Alto

ChicoEsquela

5 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Inexcusable!!!! And I don’t care who don’t like it! This is a complete let down from the powers that be. Period. Bless the kids that have been robbed over this. 

All this over three kids that prolly dont even play extracurricular activities… being that they showed up on October 21.  Not taking away from the three children…. There has got to be a better way to keep this from happening.

2 years from the playoffs from

football.

4 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

All this over three kids that prolly dont even play extracurricular activities… being that they showed up on October 21.  Not taking away from the three children…. There has got to be a better way to keep this from happening.

2 years from the playoffs from

football.

There’s nothing wrong with the process. Every other school handled their business. POINT BLANK WE DID NOT. And it’s the kids that ultimately suffer. It’s embarrassing. 

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, StillGreezy said:

But what did they actually do?

Is this why Gamble left?  

According to the Alto superintendent, the coach was let go sometime in the winter months...she says no one was aware of the enrollment until May so if everyone is correct on the timeline then Coach Gamble had nothing to do with it.

It sounds like the administration doesn't have their ducks in a row. Shouldn't there be a running log of students enrolled? I feel bad for the kids, they are the victims here. Most of the coaches were previously at Alto, so they already had an idea for how incompetent the administration was. 

Why not fine the school or forfeit a district game or something. Why punish the kids? And would the UIL allow Srs and Jrs to transfer freely since basically they have nothing to play for?

1 minute ago, HJR7 said:

Why not fine the school or forfeit a district game or something. Why punish the kids? And would the UIL allow Srs and Jrs to transfer freely since basically they have nothing to play for?

They could have forced div 1 district to take them.  But would have been kaos

2 hours ago, footballprofessor said:

You would think it would be hard to get unanimous vote next year to move districts also. Way too many schedules affected.

Not only that, look at it from the perspective of a coach who might be on the playoff bubble in his district. What reason does he have to invite another potential playoff team to the party? He could be setting someone up to bump him out of the postseason. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

It sounds like the administration doesn't have their ducks in a row. Shouldn't there be a running log of students enrolled? I feel bad for the kids, they are the victims here. Most of the coaches were previously at Alto, so they already had an idea for how incompetent the administration was. 

That is not a true statement about the coaches. A lot of new coaches down there!   You made a huge assumption

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

Not only that, look at it from the perspective of a coach who might be on the playoff bubble in his district. What reason does he have to invite another potential playoff team to the party? He could be setting someone up to bump him out of the postseason. 

probably the right thing to do though

2 minutes ago, TigerPride43 said:

That is not a true statement about the coaches. A lot of new coaches down there!   You made a huge assumption

Ok, well most of them were at Alto in 2020 working under this superintendent. The same lady that suspended the coaches for going to Center in 2021. A lot of them went to Center in 2021 and came back to Alto in 2022. These facts check out.

This whole thing disappoints me..who in the cornbread hell is running the shop down there? Somebody was supposed to know these things,it's literally somebody's job to count kids every day..guess we'll blame this on putin too ✌️this debacle has probably cost a few student athletes that have put in the work,both in the classroom and on the field/courts a chance to further their career /education....wow,if I'm one of the parents of these kids...I'd be burnt smooth up,we'd be having discussion of who is turning in the resignation first for deriliction of dutys..👏👏👏jeez,my alto brothers gotta be hurting rite now,sorry for the seniors...

• Like 2

Just now, cotton84 said:

Will be interesting to see if any of the district teams decide not to play them…….might happen if a few starters are banged up and need a week off for the rest of district or the playoffs. 

i agree.

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: UIL gives two-year playoff ban to Alto