UPDATE: UIL gives two-year playoff ban to Alto

ChicoEsquela

8 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Ok, well most of them were at Alto in 2020 working under this superintendent. The same lady that suspended the coaches for going to Center in 2021. A lot of them went to Center in 2021 and came back to Alto in 2022. These facts check out.

Look.....I think heads should roll from the top down.    But the current coaches didn't have anything to do with this. 

Horrible for the kids and coaches.  

The real shame here is that students will take the brunt of this punishment.....when the mistake (intentional or not) was committed by adults.

Coaches and fans missing the playoffs....in the grand scheme of things..... is NO BIG DEAL.

Players that did absolutely nothing wrong missing the playoffs is abhorrent.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

There’s nothing wrong with the process. Every other school handled their business. POINT BLANK WE DID NOT. And it’s the kids that ultimately suffer. It’s embarrassing. 

I hate this for y’all’s kids. Especially your seniors. 

At the end of the day it all falls on the Superintendent. That is the person responsible for the district. After listening to the UIL meeting with Alto it sounded to me like everyone in Alto knew they had administrative problems. And nobody tried to fix them until it was too late. Very sad the students suffer because the administration couldn't get along.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I hate this for y’all’s kids. Especially your seniors. 

Bad for the seniors……..But worse for the juniors IMO………..Seniors had 3 years to make the playoffs…..Juniors only had 2 years to make the playoffs………Bad for both

21 minutes ago, WildBear said:

At the end of the day it all falls on the Superintendent. That is the person responsible for the district. After listening to the UIL meeting with Alto it sounded to me like everyone in Alto knew they had administrative problems. And nobody tried to fix them until it was too late. Very sad the students suffer because the administration couldn't get along.

and school board

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 7:48 AM, upullinmychain said:

I'm just curious as to who cryed foul? Whom was so intimidated by the jackets that they would report this to uil? Was it an inside job from butthurt or external forces who were in fear of playing real football against quality? I personally would never believe that a storied and proud team such as alto would even consider such nefarious acts.hell the alto I know would play Lobo in Longview and maybe outnumber them with fans,if they were on the schedule,I know with heartfelt pride that the jacket band would put em on notice...lol...that band gets a stadium rocking,Personally I am looking forward to Carlisle,alto and tenaha being in same dist, last time we played tenaha they pulled the roof in on our heads,and alto always comes in swinging 👀

It ain’t about crying foul brother. If business was handled like it should have been there is no foul to worry about no matter who is bitter or butt hurt. I’m hurt for these kids, because they work their tails off!!! 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, WildBear said:

Place needs a purge starting in administration building.  Bring in an outsider(s) that want listen to or put up with the small town politics BS.  The school has been in the news several times from the start of the new year and none of it has been good.  Some people need to be Vince McMahon'd.

images.jpeg

• Like 2

Im in Gunter  Never played Alto and never been to Alto.  But always heard of Alto.   Football is why. Why it happened i dont know.  But the people there are proud of their school and their kids and will do what they have to do.  Make changes and move on.

Wow wow wow.... I can't believe they punished them like this all for 3 students not getting reported. They should have a punishment in firing the school board who handles the enrollment information for first time offense. I mean I can see a punishment that was just handed down if the school year had started already and games had already been played. But to tell the juniors and seniors they are being punished for something they absolutely had Zero control over. Just hard to think about the kids in this situation man just absolutely hate it for them.

1 minute ago, KirtFalcon said:

The UIL did exactly what I predicted they would do .... really, it's the only equitable thing they could have done without disrupting every team on their schedule .... I hate it for the kids and coaches .....

Correct. It’s terrible that the kids are having to pay for something that they didn’t have anything to do with, but rules are rules. Unfortunately, the adults either failed to learn the rules or flat out ignored them. Either way, rules that are put into place to create a level playing field were broken. Claiming “we didn’t know” is like telling the cop “I didn’t know the speed limit dropped to 45 right here!” To allow a school to compete in a district that is below their enrollment and knock a team that did play by the rules out of the playoffs would be the definition of “unfair.” 

• Like 6

These "who tattled" and "who cried foul" comments boggle my mind.

IF......IF... this was done purposely.... it's the VERY definition of cheating.

The UIL has Classification and alignment for a reason.   It's to enforce competitive balance.

IF Alto fudged their numbers so that they would be a big fish in a little pond instead of a little fish in a big pond..... that's cheating. 

Why vilify the whistleblower?  If this was done purposely..... the villains were the ones that thought it was ok to lie to the UIL.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: UIL gives two-year playoff ban to Alto