UPDATE: UIL gives two-year playoff ban to Alto

ChicoEsquela

12 hours ago, Lambo said:

I'm 100% sure the Joaquin Community all know who I am and realize it was severe sarcasm. I do have to get better at expressing sarcasm on the Internet.

Yes we all know you. No it didn’t look like sarcasm. Yes you need to get better. That is all. 

• LOL! 1

On 8/5/2022 at 9:56 AM, PostSurfer said:

To me the "head scratcher" in this whole thing is the timing of the letter submitted containing the allegation.

Whomever submitted it had to have knowledge of this event, they were either close to it or gained it from someone that was and did so out of retaliation or had an axe to grind against the district. Six month window in between keeps everyone in play.

Solve this "who done it" and that will help everyone understand why this can of worms was opened. I suspect it is known privately.

I do look forward to seeing how the Yellowjackets fare with their seemingly Div 1 / Div 2 schedule.

They know who posted the letter,annonimity was preserved 

The only time I can remember anything remotely like this was probably 2006? A school allowed a student to suit up and play against Joaquin like 2 days after he was enrolled or something to that effect. They had to forfeit that game for sure and I wanna say a few others but I'm not positive on that. I don't think Alto did this intentionally trying to dodge 2a-d1 but that's how the cookie crumbles. Sad situation for those kids who weren't responsible regardless if it was Intentional or not.

• 3 months later...

Being an Alto alumni, I only got one more thing to say about this matter. I'm so very proud of the coaches and the effort these great kids put forth knowing they were only had 10 games to play this year. Extremely proud of each and every one of them. I was in attendance last Thursday night, and it was a "WOW" of a game that was worth the price of admission. It's ALWAYS a good day to be a JACKET!!!! 

To my understanding, when these allegations were brought to the attention of the UIL in May, Alto was already under the D2 cut-off, and started the 2022-2023 school under the cut-off number as well. I believed at end of football season Alto had an enrollment of 158 kids in grades 9th-12th. So, folks it still hurts bc in fact when the allegations did come out Alto was in fact a D2 school, and remain a D2 school. Onto to basketball we go, and we are looking to make a push for those playoffs in round ball...GO JACKETS GO!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cowboys1970 said:

Being an Alto alumni, I only got one more thing to say about this matter. I'm so very proud of the coaches and the effort these great kids put forth knowing they were only had 10 games to play this year. Extremely proud of each and every one of them. I was in attendance last Thursday night, and it was a "WOW" of a game that was worth the price of admission. It's ALWAYS a good day to be a JACKET!!!! 

To my understanding, when these allegations were brought to the attention of the UIL in May, Alto was already under the D2 cut-off, and started the 2022-2023 school under the cut-off number as well. I believed at end of football season Alto had an enrollment of 158 kids in grades 9th-12th. So, folks it still hurts bc in fact when the allegations did come out Alto was in fact a D2 school, and remain a D2 school. Onto to basketball we go, and we are looking to make a push for those playoffs in round ball...GO JACKETS GO!!

Good post and good attitude to have.