90 hour work weeks, or 20 hour work days ?

BlahBlah

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Videos taken out of context .... distortion of the facts .... wild non-existent hypotheticals ..... loony feminazi .....

If the Dems were smart, and they are not.  They would run ads every day showing those videos on three things.  First, Sean Hannity on 90 hour work weeks.  2nd, Charlie Kirk on 20 hour work days.  Then Finally 197 Republicans voted against contraceptives.  Dems would have a shot at the mid-terms.  

• LOL! 1

12 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

If the Dems were smart, and they are not.  They would run ads every day showing those videos on three things.  First, Sean Hannity on 90 hour work weeks.  2nd, Charlie Kirk on 20 hour work days.  Then Finally 197 Republicans voted against contraceptives.  Dems would have a shot at the mid-terms.  

12 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

You mean….take more things out of context?  You might as well tell everybody we aren’t in a recession or pee on their boots and say it’s raining.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

You mean….take more things out of context?  You might as well tell everybody we aren’t in a recession or pee on their boots and say it’s raining.

Tim Pool said that there's some video from some pride event somewhere (I forget where he said it was) where some older dude was "twerking" in front of a little girl in his underwear, and apparently the little girl's parents were encouraging it. He said what he'd like to do is get the video and use it in an ad (which, honestly Republicans should try to do), but the video is copyrighted to whoever owns it, and they're unlikely to give it up. He was going to use it as a "negative" ad, in a "You really wanna vote for people who support this??" kind of way.

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

This lady is as nutty as Rachel Madcow ....

4 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

90 hour work weeks are the fantasy of the US Chamber of Commerce and every C-Suite executive in Corporate America. Thank goodness for unions.

I’m in a union and we have guys that make more than the CEO’s base salary working more overtime than you can imagine…cheaper for the company than hiring a bunch more people…

17 minutes ago, StillGreezy said:

I mean, even oilfield companies like to cut you off at 70 hours nowadays.   Too many mistakes and accidents.   Plus after 80 hours that's double overtime.   

For sure.  He's just spouting whatever garbage he hears on CNN

On 7/28/2022 at 7:47 PM, BlahBlah said:

Why??? Last I checked none of them are running for election.......

19 hours ago, StillGreezy said:

Can you name any companies that are advocating a 90 hour work week specifically?

Nope...thanks to unions fighting for working class people over the last century. I don't know about the sweatshop workers corporations are exploiting in Asia.

• LOL! 1

22 minutes ago, StillGreezy said:

Maybe they'll let you in one of those "better" countries.   

Some of "those countries" are better imo in some ways...but just because I do not pretend the US is perfect...or can not learn from others...does not mean that I do not believe this is an amazing country.

On 7/30/2022 at 2:26 PM, EnjoyLife said:

Nope...thanks to unions fighting for working class people over the last century. I don't know about the sweatshop workers corporations are exploiting in Asia.

Thanks the democratic party and their awesome policies that shipped manufacturing overseas....

On 7/30/2022 at 3:45 PM, DB2point0 said:

I’m non union and our company has a fatigue policy.  Can’t work past 16 hours, if you work 12 hours 7 days in a row it’s mandatory 2 days off.  

Yeah, if our guys go over 16, it has to have director approval and they have to have 8 straight hours off after.  If it cuts into their next day, they are paid while not working.

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

Thanks the democratic party and their awesome policies that shipped manufacturing overseas....

Yeah, if our guys go over 16, it has to have director approval and they have to have 8 straight hours off after.  If it cuts into their next day, they are paid while not working.

Yep, and it didn’t take union bargaining.  We have branches in our company that are union(mostly Canadian branches) and the non unions make more money and get the same benefits.  Kinda pointless for them union guys