Biden Redefines Recession

Monte1076

18 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Idk if we meet the technical, historic definition of a recession or not...but things do not feel good economically right now.

You don't know?  ... :rofl:

It's obvious to the brain dead, if you have paid attention for the past 50 years .... I guarantee you if a Republican was in the White House, the liberal media and dims would be screaming recession  at the top of their lungs ....

19 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

It's obvious to the brain dead, if you have paid attention for the past 50 years .... I guarantee you if a Republican was in the White House, the liberal media and dims would be screaming recession  at the top of their lungs ....

That might be true...but there is a technical definition of "recession" and I don't know if we have met that definition or not. Do you?

3 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Yep

3 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

That might be true...but there is a technical definition of "recession" and I don't know if we have met that definition or not. Do you?

It's never taken a "technical" definition before for politicians, both Republican and Dimocrat as well as the media to declare we are in a recession. The acknowledged standard has always been two consecutive quarters of negative GDP ... period ... end of story .... Why now are we talking about a technical definition???? ....

8 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

It's never taken a "technical" definition before for politicians, both Republican and Dimocrat as well as the media to declare we are in a recession. The acknowledged standard has always been two consecutive quarters of negative GDP ... period ... end of story .... Why now are we talking about a technical definition???? ....

Always has been, always will be.  This will be marked as the Biden Recession with Stagflation.  

17 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

The TECHNICAL definition of a recession is 2 quarters of NEGATIVE growth in GDP!!!!! There, you can either admit to it, or become a little more liberal and except their "change to the definition", which is just propaganda--the same thing Hitler used to convince Germans, Jews were bad. SMH. 

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/recession.asp

A recession is a significant, widespread, and prolonged downturn in economic activity. Because recessions often last six months or more, one popular rule of thumb is that two consecutive quarters of decline in a country's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) constitute a recession.

Well the bad news is a bunch of printed funny-money has doctored things up. We've actually already been in a recession for at least 5 quarters. The other bad news is we are gonna stay in a recession, then a depression, for as long as a Lib is in the oval office....so if they fix the next election...........

• LOL! 1

21 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

The TECHNICAL definition of a recession is 2 quarters of NEGATIVE growth in GDP!!!!! There, you can either admit to it, or become a little more liberal and except their "change to the definition", which is just propaganda--the same thing Hitler used to convince Germans, Jews were bad. SMH. 

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/recession.asp

A recession is a significant, widespread, and prolonged downturn in economic activity. Because recessions often last six months or more, one popular rule of thumb is that two consecutive quarters of decline in a country's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) constitute a recession.

Two consecutive quarters of neg growth has always been the definition I have heard for recession. Using that definition we are in a recession with neg growth in the first and second quarters. Crazy as it sounds two consecutive quarters of negative growth does not actually determine if we are in a recession.

When I googled it I came across this..........

"In the U.S., however, the economy is deemed to be officially in recession only after the National Bureau of Economic Research, a nonprofit and nonpartisan organization, says it is."

I have never even heard of the National Bureau of Economic Research....................

30 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

"In the U.S., however, the economy is deemed to be officially in recession only after the National Bureau of Economic Research, a nonprofit and nonpartisan organization, says it is."

Well shoot...that solves the problem! All this organization has to do is never say we're in a recession.

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

Well shoot...that solves the problem! All this organization has to do is never say we're in a recession.

All of this "technical definition" mumbo jumbo magically came out of the woodwork to try and save the dimocrats in November ..... nobody outside the lockstep dims and liberal apologist media is buying their 🐂 :poop: .....

43 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

All of this "technical definition" mumbo jumbo magically came out of the woodwork to try and save the dimocrats in November ..... nobody outside the lockstep dims and liberal apologist media is buying their 🐂 :poop: .....

And they love to talk about how Republicans "don't believe in facts".

3 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

It would have been nice to know exactly how this group defines "recession" if they have the final responsibility of doing so. I think most people would say it certainly feels like a recession no matter what these unknown folks think.

39 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

It would have been nice to know exactly how this group defines "recession" if they have the final responsibility of doing so. I think most people would say it certainly feels like a recession no matter what these unknown folks think.

We're creeping closer and closer to an Orwellian world where words can just be redefined on a whim. That's doubleplusungood.

On 8/1/2022 at 8:38 AM, EnjoyLife said:

Two consecutive quarters of neg growth has always been the definition I have heard for recession. Using that definition we are in a recession with neg growth in the first and second quarters. Crazy as it sounds two consecutive quarters of negative growth does not actually determine if we are in a recession.

When I googled it I came across this..........

I have never even heard of the National Bureau of Economic Research....................

National Bureau of Economic Research--non partisan--:rofl:Truly believable. NOT!!!!!

Investopedia--group of actual investors that actually know money, recessions, bull and bear markets--:rofl: A little more believable though.