Waskom wildcat 2022-2023

DTH4life

I could have sworn I read a reply on this thread this morning.  Something about mobile homes?  I would much rather be reading about 2022 Wildcat expectations and updates.  I am hearing they will be pretty fast in key spots again this year.  Speed sure is a luxury in football.

11 hours ago, Ringside said:

I could have sworn I read a reply on this thread this morning.  Something about mobile homes?  I would much rather be reading about 2022 Wildcat expectations and updates.  I am hearing they will be pretty fast in key spots again this year.  Speed sure is a luxury in football.

I will say they have some interesting move ins from SouthWood and Fort Worth. One will be a Senior the other a Sophomore. One is speedy and the other slow but big. 

15 hours ago, Ringside said:

“Pretty fast” is an understatement.

1 hour ago, Nick2011 said:

It was just a question because usually your speedy football guys also run track. I remember seeing the Watson kid run and he was pretty fast but other than him I didn’t see anybody. 

Well, since he is in Tatum I guess I must have been misinformed about their team speed this year. So much disinformation going around in our country these days, one has to see it to actually believe it.

7 minutes ago, Ringside said:

Well, since he is in Tatum I guess I must have been misinformed about their team speed this year. So much disinformation going around in our country these days, one has to see it to actually believe it.

If #7 came back, he could fly. Watson and Gonzalez were pretty fast but they're over here in Tatum. Hamilton was decently fast at FB. Not sure about their new additions. But #7 just needed a step and he was long gone. 

42 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

If #7 came back, he could fly. Watson and Gonzalez were pretty fast but they're over here in Tatum. Hamilton was decently fast at FB. Not sure about their new additions. But #7 just needed a step and he was long gone. 

Just looked at the senior photos of the  team and there is a #7 in the photo.  By the photo I would not have guessed him to be the fastest kid in it.  Looks can be deceiving though.🤔

1 minute ago, Ringside said:

Just looked at the senior photos of the  team and there is a #7 in the photo.  By the photo I would not have guessed him to be the fastest kid in it.  Looks can be deceiving though.🤔

If you are talking about number 7 from Waskom that would be D.J. Feaster he was considered the fastest Waskom had last year. He graduated. 

2 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

It was just a question because usually your speedy football guys also run track. I remember seeing the Watson kid run and he was pretty fast but other than him I didn’t see anybody. 

If y’all make it far enough you’ll get to see it. 

19 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

I’m sure we will…. It’s good you’re so confident in Waskom this year. After losing what they lost, not many people are. I, for one, think Waskom is still going to be very competitive and will definitely have a chance at winning their district. I guess we will see how they recover from all the offseason changes. 

And that’s me Waskom

is going be a team no body talk about for years Waskom always reload no rebuild

12 minutes ago, DTH4life said:

And that’s me Waskom

is going be a team no body talk about for years Waskom always reload no rebuild

You might want to reconsider the last statement.

16-0 to 4-7 the next year.

10-2 to 5-5 the next year. 

Twice since the last state title in 2016 you’ve finished out of the playoffs. 

On 8/2/2022 at 7:39 PM, Ijustwatch said:

DT there is no way on gods green earth that you truly think Waskom should have won 8-9 Titles. What years are you talking about? Also if you graduated from Waskom you should be ashamed of your English teacher! Ef dominated Waskom for 20 years before Keeling got there.  If you are Running that man down you should be ashamed. Waskom wasn’t even a town that even knew that played football until keeling got there. 

That’s a lie from 2000 to 2006 Waskom had teams just to many People what to do there on thing  ok gammer nazi I’m so so sorry 

3 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

Not with that Defense we be in very close games in the 4th .. DTH

2 hours ago, villagegenius said:

not to get too technical but Waskom won state in 2015 and since then they only missed the play offs once

2016 4-7 lost to Newton in the first round 

2017 9-5 lost to Newton in the regional final

2018 10-2 lost to Troup in round 2

2019 5-5 3 way tied for 3rd in district lost on the tie breaker to EF and Diana

2020 12-2 lost in semi finals to Franklin

2021 13-2 lost in semi finals to Franklin

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, centex1 said:

not to get too technical but Waskom won state in 2015 and since then they only missed the play offs once

2016 4-7 lost to Newton in the first round 

2017 9-5 lost to Newton in the regional final

2018 10-2 lost to Troup in round 2

2019 5-5 3 way tied for 3rd in district lost on the tie breaker to EF and Diana

2020 12-2 lost in semi finals to Franklin

2021 13-2 lost in semi finals to Franklin

Ah you are correct. Just saw the 4 and assumed they didn’t make the playoffs. That’s what happens when you assume. 

just for the record, Waskom under keeling was quite impressive. My comment was simply directed at DTH saying Waskom doesn’t rebuild, they always reload. Just my personal thoughts but 4-7 after a state title is a rebuild year, and 5-5 after a 10 win year is a rebuild. 

But again, that is not me knocking Waskom. There are only a handful of schools in East Texas who wouldn’t want to trade 2013-2021 run that Waskom went on. 

7 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

Waskom is in the same division as us.. maybe you meant district? You’re hard to understand. I hope we get to play y’all in the playoffs.

District,division who care I no one thing I can understand West rusk will never win a state championship and the guys I no i Tyler tell me west rusk being Recruiting for the last couple years y’all are getting arp  kids are maybe Chapel Hill are WhiteHouse maybe UIL may need to look into that lol …… 

4 hours ago, villagegenius said:

Ah you are correct. Just saw the 4 and assumed they didn’t make the playoffs. That’s what happens when you assume. 

just for the record, Waskom under keeling was quite impressive. My comment was simply directed at DTH saying Waskom doesn’t rebuild, they always reload. Just my personal thoughts but 4-7 after a state title is a rebuild year, and 5-5 after a 10 win year is a rebuild. 

But again, that is not me knocking Waskom. There are only a handful of schools in East Texas who wouldn’t want to trade 2013-2021 run that Waskom went on. 

Just putting that out it’s only one school that don’t rebuild and that Carthage that have always had a team 

On 8/2/2022 at 7:39 PM, Ijustwatch said:

DT there is no way on gods green earth that you truly think Waskom should have won 8-9 Titles. What years are you talking about? Also if you graduated from Waskom you should be ashamed of your English teacher! Ef dominated Waskom for 20 years before Keeling got there.  If you are Running that man down you should be ashamed. Waskom wasn’t even a town that even knew that played football until keeling got there. 

Back in the 2000s yes if we had a Track to build up the speed we had man look out from 2000 to 2007 the Average speed was 4,5 that all the back and receivers they came out of Waskom what I no now if we had a home track I no I could hit 4,3 easy and all my Waskom fans it’s  your boy Byrdmanjr aka two time state champ in 198 class I’m Still DTH on people 

4 minutes ago, DTH4life said:

Back in the 2000s yes if we had a Track to build up the speed we had man look out from 2000 to 2007 the Average speed was 4,5 that all the back and receivers they came out of Waskom what I no now if we had a home track I no I could hit 4,3 easy and all my Waskom fans it’s  your boy Byrdmanjr aka two time state champ in 198 class I’m Still DTH on people 

If you ran a 4.3 we'd know your name. Very few humans have ever done that.

3 hours ago, DTH4life said:

Waskom vs Tatum 2006

One of them you? And you sure yall got 4.5 speed out there? Yall in slow motion compared to us lol. 

19 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

He’s the RB #20

I mean, I've seen worse RBs but if he ran for 125 on us like he said......it was against our mop up crew lol. He was probably the 3rd best back on the field. It was 47-3 in the 3rd when Evans went into cruise control. Creer prolly had 200 in the 1st quarter lol.