Waskom wildcat 2022-2023

DTH4life

9 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

First off, why would anyone from Tyler know anything about West Rusk and what they do?

Second, someone from Waskom should be the last person making allegations about kids being recruited. 

Third, every player on this years team has been at West Rusk since elementary school besides maybe one or two, and they were not recruited in to play. 

Fourth, and most importantly, you should consider going back to school and taking English class again. 

Lol everybody won state was came up from Waskom too 

While all this history is quite interesting (not), this thread is about Waskom 22-23.  New coaching staff in place, loss of key players to Tatum, all means change is inevitable.  Heard the defense played as expected Saturday morning against each other.  Can they score though?  Hearing they are favored by 38 over 1st week Redwater so they still have players.  I know the skill players are bigger than their previous state champs, but have yet to prove they have the intangibles that was there then.  Maybe Pearson can bring that back?

12 minutes ago, Ringside said:

While all this history is quite interesting (not), this thread is about Waskom 22-23.  New coaching staff in place, loss of key players to Tatum, all means change is inevitable.  Heard the defense played as expected Saturday morning against each other.  Can they score though?  Hearing they are favored by 38 over 1st week Redwater so they still have players.  I know the skill players are bigger than their previous state champs, but have yet to prove they have the intangibles that was there then.  Maybe Pearson can bring that back?

You mean this isn’t a Daingerfield 83 or Tatum thread? I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere ....

5 hours ago, Ringside said:

I agree with you Ring. It’s time move on to the current coaches and kids. Everyone focusing so much on who left Waskom doesn’t realize who stayed and who was hired. The coaching staff and the kids are fired up. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cotton84 said:

I think someone took too many hits to the head carrying the ball about 40 times in a game against Tatum back around 2005-06. Just saying. 

Smh I no why  kids stop playing Sports and yes I did get a Concussion that’s why I stop playing ball in college but thank for Reminding me  on my grammar 

12 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

I mean, I've seen worse RBs but if he ran for 125 on us like he said......it was against our mop up crew lol. He was probably the 3rd best back on the field. It was 47-3 in the 3rd when Evans went into cruise control. Creer prolly had 200 in the 1st quarter lol. 

Lol creer was a ### he cry all night on calls he didn’t get and y’all was up so I don’t feel sorry for guy that don’t play the game right and thanks for video I lost my highlights in Hurricane Harvey

59 minutes ago, DTH4life said:

Lol creer was a ### he cry all night on calls he didn’t get and y’all was up so I don’t feel sorry for guy that don’t play the game right and thanks for video I lost my highlights in Hurricane Harvey

Why would he need you to feel sorry for him? Lol dude won 2 titles.

13 hours ago, DTH4life said:

A big time bust in my eye when you had everything going for you in Tennessee

Dude got free college off of his ability to play football. Kinda hard to say the guy didn't come out on top....regardless of whether his football career ended in college or went a step further. Not sure why he didn't stay at Tennessee....don't know all the details after the coaching change.....hard for me to speak on that part. 

9 hours ago, SAPACK1 said:

DHT4life, I too remember the years where Smoaky.com was a place that was more informational and more specifically geared towards being a sports information site, however over the course of SDC's 21 year existence with the membership growing into the thousands upon thousands that it is, the site has evolved to an all encompassing place for sports enthusiasts and more to gather and discuss most anything ranging from sports to hunting and health.  We do still consider ourselves to be the premier site for East and Central Texas high school sports.  We have indeed allowed more banter and light-hearted ribbing than what was allowed in the past but we do still have a set of posting rules in place that should keep most members from completely disrespecting each other, schools, kids, coaches, officials, and so forth. With that said I would like to invite and encourage you to hit the report button any time you see something that you believe is overly offensive or against the rules of posting.  This is a large site and there are only a handful of us mods/admins and at times this allows for things to slip past us.  So, help us out by reporting threads/post deemed to be offensive and against the rules of posting, we will take care of it.  We do appreciate your concern.  Congrats on the two powerlifting State titles and we hope you continue to enjoy the forums.

Thank you!!!!!! 

1 hour ago, Wild74 said:

Yes I remember I also remember people saying Waskom wouldn't beat Newton in the state championship game also.

And Waskom was pick to finish 3rd in district in 2015.  And not to make any waves but Coach Pearson lobbied to play Refugio outdoors and not give them the benefit of playing in a dome. Refugio was the better team especially as Aimee was not playing, but ...... outside might have helped.

1 hour ago, Ringside said:

And Waskom was pick to finish 3rd in district in 2015.  And not to make any waves but Coach Pearson lobbied to play Refugio outdoors and not give them the benefit of playing in a dome. Refugio was the better team especially as Aimee was not playing, but ...... outside might have helped.

Agreed.  Indoors and Refugio might have scored 91.

7 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Agreed.  Indoors and Refugio might have scored 91.

No, you misunderstood me.  They scored 69 at Reliant.  Game was NOT played outdoors.  Refugio coach called a timeout and went for broke on a fourth down pass at the end.  Word was their coach said if they didn’t score 70 he was afraid they might not be strong enough to beat Cisco.  They missed the extra point to get only 69.  Must have been an omen caused Cisco kicked their butt in ATT.