NUMBERS

blueflu

On 8/3/2022 at 2:26 PM, yoenation79 said:

What were last seasons  numbers?

That number seems low compared to the past. 

That number is low.  The average turnout the past 8 years (since I've been keeping track) is just over 96. Last year was 92.   Low during that period was 86.  I assume the freshman class is hurting the numbers as it's just a weaker class in terms of actual numbers and overall talent.  

17 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

That number is low.  The average turnout the past 8 years (since I've been keeping track) is just over 96. Last year was 92.   Low during that period was 86.  I assume the freshmen class is hurting the numbers as it's just a weaker class in terms of actual numbers and overall talent.  

Are the numbers showing a possibility that Yoe may not have a Freshmen team?  Combined JV/Freshmen schedule. 

12 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Are the numbers showing a possibility that Yoe may not have a Freshmen team?  Combined JV/Freshmen schedule. 

Yoe usually  pick up 3 or 4 more freshman when school starts.  After the first six weeks it may become tough on Yoe to field a freshman team. Yoe will start having to play kids on both sides of the ball freshman through varsity.

On 8/4/2022 at 9:10 AM, yoenation79 said:

Ya, I'd say maybe more of a JV A/B possibility.  I think you still have enough kids, but not sure if you have enough freshmen.  

1 hour ago, Yoe09 said:

Ya, I'd say maybe more of a JV A/B possibility.  I think you still have enough kids, but not sure if you have enough freshmen.  

I’ve been around the Yoemen for years.  I do not ever recall a freshmen class not having enough kids to field a team for them to safely play a schedule.  
This is very concerning. 

53 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

I’ve been around the Yoemen for years.  I do not ever recall a freshmen class not having enough kids to field a team for them to safely play a schedule.  
This is very concerning. 

It happens.  Gunter had a class with 3 players a few years ago.  Grew to about 7 by the time they were seniors.

• Like 1

Someone have a Gunter yearbook?  I would like to add up kids in their four grades they turned in this last time.  I have an old high school friend that has younger kids in their school district and he swears the classes are all over 100 students per now.  

• LOL! 1
  • Grumpy 1

2 hours ago, GraysonFan said:

Someone have a Gunter yearbook?  I would like to add up kids in their four grades they turned in this last time.  I have an old high school friend that has younger kids in their school district and he swears the classes are all over 100 students per now.  

you jealous?

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 1:00 PM, yoenation79 said:

This is very concerning. 

82 kids  No big surprise--Rhoades works his players hard---some of the kids just don't think it is worth the grind. Yoe had become a  pretty  soft country club under Brashear. Rhoades is in a rebuild --I am sure Coach is just as concerned as the Yoe fans about the numbers-----but he has to play the cards he was dealt. If he can rebuild his junior high program the way he wants things will get better number wise.  Good luck Coach Rhoades, fans and players --hope you have a injury free year.