NUMBERS

blueflu

On 8/5/2022 at 2:12 PM, GraysonFan said:

Someone have a Gunter yearbook?  I would like to add up kids in their four grades they turned in this last time.  I have an old high school friend that has younger kids in their school district and he swears the classes are all over 100 students per now.  

Texas Education Agency Enrollment Reports https://rptsvr1.tea.texas.gov/adhocrpt/adste.html shows the following enrollment by grades for Gunter for 2021-22 school year

Grade 9 103, Grade 10 76, Grade 11 99, Grade 12 78

1 hour ago, WindthorstFan said:

Texas Education Agency Enrollment Reports https://rptsvr1.tea.texas.gov/adhocrpt/adste.html shows the following enrollment by grades for Gunter for 2021-22 school year

Grade 9 103, Grade 10 76, Grade 11 99, Grade 12 78

Thats 356. What was the cutoff and they better hope they don't have a big 8th grade coming in next year

I heard 175 for Marshall (unconfirmed).

HUGE freshman class from what I hear.  Might have a C team.  I never recall us ever having a third freshman team.  Will probably be hard to find games for them. 

JV roster will be smallish this season as some underclassmen will probably get some varsity play this year just to build up some depth on the bench.

Hearing good things.  Can't ask for more than that.

7 hours ago, ObiOne said:

4A?

I believe the economy will be in the toilet for a while.  We've had these grand projections of thousands of new home in huge dvelopments.   I don't believe it is coming quite that fast.  We just got our first red light.  Still don't have a grocery store.  Can't even buy a piece of sandwich meat.

It ill be a while BUT I think we are 3A D1 next alignment.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2022 at 1:00 PM, yoenation79 said:

I’ve been around the Yoemen for years.  I do not ever recall a freshmen class not having enough kids to field a team for them to safely play a schedule.  
This is very concerning. 

Have the numbers in the school gone down or is it just a decline in student interest in football? If numbers in the school are rising and athletic participation is falling, it would be pretty ugly if Yoe gets moved up to 4A one day. 

The remedy is get back on the winning path and re-instill the Yoe Pride. If anyone can lead that effort, it would be RR. 

BTW- I heard Florez is back? If that's true, then thats a positive step.

4 hours ago, CMat79 said:

Have the numbers in the school gone down or is it just a decline in student interest in football? If numbers in the school are rising and athletic participation is falling, it would be pretty ugly if Yoe gets moved up to 4A one day. 

The remedy is get back on the winning path and re-instill the Yoe Pride. If anyone can lead that effort, it would be RR. 

BTW- I heard Florez is back? If that's true, then thats a positive step.

What I have heard there are only 13 freshmen suited up. 
As 8th graders they suited up an A and B team last season. 
Once school starts they may pickup a few more. 
Yes winning cures all ailments and you will see the numbers increase.  
Yes Flores is back.  He was one of Rhoades first hires last season.  

On 8/11/2022 at 1:16 PM, yoenation79 said:

What I have heard there are only 13 freshmen suited up. 
As 8th graders they suited up an A and B team last season. 
Once school starts they may pickup a few more. 
Yes winning cures all ailments and you will see the numbers increase.  
Yes Flores is back.  He was one of Rhoades first hires last season.  

There were about 26 out today at the scrimmage.  I know they got several more out.  

On 8/12/2022 at 4:34 PM, Yoe09 said:

There were about 26 out today at the scrimmage.  I know they got several more out.  

The freshman running back looked good. You know his name. He has speed.

The varsity secondary is going to have to tackle if they are going to play with Lorena-Academy-Franklin and Rockdale. They are small dudes except for Charlie  Mayer. 

The D-linemen Johnson will get double teams all season long. If Yoe wins this season he will get all state honors.