NUMBERS

blueflu

On 8/12/2022 at 4:55 PM, yoenation79 said:

That’s great about the freshmen.  I guess my information was incorrect.   
What was your opinion on the varsity scrimmage?

I was pleased with the defensive front and the ability to actually run the football.  Now, this was Taylor, and to be frank, they may struggle this year.  I need to see more in the passing department in week 2.  

I thought the freshman had potential to improve this year, but the QB is once again out for the season another one of their top players quit.   

52 minutes ago, Yoe09 said:

I was pleased with the defensive front and the ability to actually run the football.  Now, this was Taylor, and to be frank, they may struggle this year.  I need to see more in the passing department in week 2.  

I thought the freshman had potential to improve this year, but the QB is once again out for the season another one of their top players quit.   

Give me some insight on what is the reason behind these kids quitting?   Was there not a few that decided not to play varsity ball?  It doesn’t help that the Yoemen’s best athlete is now playing for Temple this season. 
What happened to the freshmen QB?

13 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Give me some insight on what is the reason behind these kids quitting?   Was there not a few that decided not to play varsity ball?  It doesn’t help that the Yoemen’s best athlete is now playing for Temple this season. 
What happened to the freshmen QB?

Not sure.  I honesty think it's the crop of kids we are dealing with right now.  Several kids in the senior class that in my opinion would be starting if they played.  Kid with his picture in DCTF not playing this year.  The transfer to Temple.  

Freshman QB injured something last year and apparently re-inured it again, so is out the season.  

7 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

Not sure.  I honesty think it's the crop of kids we are dealing with right now.  Several kids in the senior class that in my opinion would be starting if they played.  Kid with his picture in DCTF not playing this year.  The transfer to Temple.  

Freshman QB injured something last year and apparently re-inured it again, so is out the season.  

The linebacker chose to  pursue  a academic scholarship instead of playing football, he was pretty small and a  football scholarship was going to be hard to get. As far as  wide receiver  I believe he chose to leave after conversations with the staff during track season. Wish him luck in Temple.

You usually have a larger turn out when you a winner year in year out or when the kids can run the program and the coaches allow  it to happen in the field house and on the field.

As 09  referenced the kids, he was being nice. Some do not want to play under a coach whom requires a work ethic and accountability. also Cameron is a economically disadvantaged  school district and kids have to work to buy their clothes and help put food on the table. So sometimes it is more complex than saying they are lazy.

There was a reason there was a house cleaning at Yoe.  I guess we will see if Rhoades can right the ship. At least their body language is better and they trot off the field instead of drag tail.

Best of luck to Coach Rhoades and staff.

Good insider info 09 keep it up.

1 hour ago, bulldogs99 said:

The linebacker chose to  pursue  a academic scholarship instead of playing football, he was pretty small and a  football scholarship was going to be hard to get.

This kid was a starter last season and the leading tackler. 
Size was not an issue. 
There has been numerous kids through the years that were able to get academic scholarships while playing. 
Rhoades just doesn’t put up with these kids crap.  
It’s nice hearing some coaching  and seeing discipline instilled once again in this program. 

14 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

This kid was a starter last season and the leading tackler. 
Size was not an issue. 
There has been numerous kids through the years that were able to get academic scholarships while playing. 
Rhoades just doesn’t put up with these kids crap.  
It’s nice hearing some coaching  and seeing discipline instilled once again in this program. 

Linebacker is a good kid, made a decision  based on what is best  for he and his family. Hope all goes well for him. Now someone else will be the leading tackler and all district for Yoe.

On 8/8/2022 at 9:43 PM, GTAlumnus said:

I believe the economy will be in the toilet for a while.  We've had these grand projections of thousands of new home in huge dvelopments.   I don't believe it is coming quite that fast.  We just got our first red light.  Still don't have a grocery store.  Can't even buy a piece of sandwich meat.

It ill be a while BUT I think we are 3A D1 next alignment.

Going to have to disagree with you on this assessment. Celina has blown up and Gunter is next. It's not stopping at the Collin County line. 

6 hours ago, eagle34 said:

Going to have to disagree with you on this assessment. Celina has blown up and Gunter is next. It's not stopping at the Collin County line. 

You may be correct but commuting to Frisco/Plano is not as attractive now that gas is high (well it was and will be) and interest rates make home sales cool off. Plus the average home in Gunter city limits is about 450K.  Median is probably more.  Just guessing, someone may correct me.

17 hours ago, GTAlumnus said:

You may be correct but commuting to Frisco/Plano is not as attractive now that gas is high (well it was and will be) and interest rates make home sales cool off. Plus the average home in Gunter city limits is about 450K.  Median is probably more.  Just guessing, someone may correct me.

I'm a Mortgage Lender so I'm up there for Closings. The average home in Gunter isn't any different than Frisco, Prosper and Celina. Those places are filling up and Gunter is the next spot up the road. I'm sure you will be fine for awhile and 5A or 6A will be 7-10 years off. Enjoy the Country living while you can and good luck on another fine season. 

8 hours ago, eagle34 said:

I'm a Mortgage Lender so I'm up there for Closings. The average home in Gunter isn't any different than Frisco, Prosper and Celina. Those places are filling up and Gunter is the next spot up the road. I'm sure you will be fine for awhile and 5A or 6A will be 7-10 years off. Enjoy the Country living while you can and good luck on another fine season. 

Gunter to 5A is at least 16 years away. To be there in 10 years they'd have to add 100 kids every school year till then, and that's at the current 5A cutoff, which will continue to rise. Even to get there by the 2038 realignment would mean adding 63 kids every year

The enrollment for this realignment was 354. For the 2020-21 school year, prek through 4th was 381. And 5-8 was even smaller at 325. There's not a large base to build on down there right now.

9 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

Gunter to 5A is at least 16 years away. To be there in 10 years they'd have to add 100 kids every school year till then, and that's at the current 5A cutoff, which will continue to rise. Even to get there by the 2038 realignment would mean adding 63 kids every year

The enrollment for this realignment was 354. For the 2020-21 school year, prek through 4th was 381. And 5-8 was even smaller at 325. There's not a large base to build on down there right now.

Wasn't Prosper 3A until about 2010?  Now two 6A high schools?  Growth can move fast in that corridor 

12 hours ago, ObiOne said:

Wasn't Prosper 3A until about 2010?  Now two 6A high schools?  Growth can move fast in that corridor 

prosper was in what is 4A now -- they hadn't relabeled everything yet so technically they were 3A but their enrollment was 870. Two years later it was 1,257 and went from there but the starting point is 520 kids from where Gunter is right now.

Celina in 2012 turned in 558 and 10 years later they turned in 994. At that rate Gunter would have 800 kids in 2032.

• Like 1