Winnsboro vs. Paul Pewitt 8/26

chevyman

Winnsboro vs. Paul Pewitt   

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

Brahmas make their way down to RaiderLand to kick off the season in just a few weeks. It was a very competitive game last year with the Raiders coming out on top. Looking forward to having the first game in the new stadium that is 100% finished with concession/locker room building complete. What does Pewitt have coming back this year? Always have some great athletes up there

2 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

I heard 2,000 with 20+ passing Tds

Nah that’s too many yards.  I’m closer to being right.  They have a returning starter with a year of experience at QB  who happens to be the coach’s son with a pretty good arm.  And a WR who has gone to state the last two years in high jump.  1,500 yards and 10 passing TD’s is possible.

10 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Nah that’s too many yards.  I’m closer to being right.  They have a returning starter with a year of experience at QB  who happens to be the coach’s son with a pretty good arm.  And a WR who has gone to state the last two years in high jump.  1,500 yards and 10 passing TD’s is possible.

We will have a very solid receiving core of 4 key guys this year and i am excited to see them get after it. Those 4 will include 3 that are 6'3 and the 4th is the prototypical slot guy that will be a sophomore that started as a freshman last year at safety but this year will be a big contributor on offense 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2022 at 9:10 PM, PantherNation2015 said:

Both scrimmages the offense has been about 90-95% shotgun with 4 wide. Working real hard on up-tempo as well. We have 5-6 real life receivers with 3-4 more on JV that could play on varsity if not for the ones already there. Will also have the ability to adjust back into our run game with some big boys coming in and getting straight downhill. First scrimmage with DK was a little bit of a struggle but second scrimmage with Community was much better with both sides of the ball looking very solid. 

6 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Both scrimmages the offense has been about 90-95% shotgun with 4 wide. Working real hard on up-tempo as well. We have 5-6 real life receivers with 3-4 more on JV that could play on varsity if not for the ones already there. Will also have the ability to adjust back into our run game with some big boys coming in and getting straight downhill. First scrimmage with DK was a little bit of a struggle but second scrimmage with Community was much better with both sides of the ball looking very solid. 

Yeah but y’all second scrimmage was like our second scrimmage. Harmony made us look really good. Lol

8 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Yeah but y’all second scrimmage was like our second scrimmage. Harmony made us look really good. Lol

True but Community wasnt necessarily a slouch. Its all about execution and it was far better the second one despite the opponent.

27 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Sweet.  I’m gonna come see a game this year.  Gotta see that new stadium!