71 kid turn out for CC this year!

Guest Tiger03lb
51 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

That’s the most I’ve seen in a very long time for us!!

That's about the same for at least half of 3ad1. Great turn out for the numbers you giys have. 

2 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Shoot they might whoop us and centerville… 😜

This is a true story. In 2020 they were in a district with us, Timpson, San Augustine, Shelbyville and Garrison. They did not score a point in district play. In fact, the only game they scored in was their win over High Island. When they came to Joaquin in week 9, their team bus rolled in at 6:15 for a 7:30 kickoff. They didn’t bring their band or cheerleaders. One of their parents told me that they actually recruited kids out of the hall at lunch that day to play that night. They had 4 coaches. Every district game they played had a running second half clock. 

3 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

This is a true story. In 2020 they were in a district with us, Timpson, San Augustine, Shelbyville and Garrison. They did not score a point in district play. In fact, the only game they scored in was their win over High Island. When they came to Joaquin in week 9, their team bus rolled in at 6:15 for a 7:30 kickoff. They didn’t bring their band or cheerleaders. One of their parents told me that they actually recruited kids out of the hall at lunch that day to play that night. They had 4 coaches. Every district game they played had a running second half clock. 

Man I hate that!!  I’ve watched CC football my whole life..  my daddy started carrying me up in the stands soon as I was old enough to go! 
so as a fan that loves the game..  I couldn’t imagine that happening to us..  

i mean we’ve been down before .. but nothing like that! 

22 minutes ago, WildBear said:

Everybody in the district knocked them around like a ping pong ball. But they kept getting up and played hard the whole game never quitting.  Gotta respect that.

I think there was a concerted effort by every staff in the district to keep the score down when they played them. Everyone was very capable of hanging 70 on them, but no one did. 

4 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Get ready for a shock when y’all have to travel down there. It will very likely be the smallest stadium CC has ever played in. 

Nahh.....this ain't the first time both been in the same district OR on each other's schedule.......lol