Early season predictions

BoyzNdaHood

Winona I see a possible 7-3 maybe 6-4

Losing to WR, Troup, and arp

But in all honesty this Winona team and next few years group of kids may be the best kids Winona has fielded in 5 or so years 

I don't think I can match them with WR this year but I wouldn't be surprised if they finished 2nd or 3rd in district.. the backfield and skilled positions are going to be something special, my concerns are line play... 

Harmony leaving district is a plus for us, we couldn't never figure out how to beat that team 

Outsiders have picked these boys to finish close to last in district this year, I just don't see it.... QB play last season was horrible, work that area out and we ought to be straight 

37 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

That would be good for Winona if they can get back to playing competitive football. 

This team is the start of a group of kids that are straight up ballers... RB position and WR's are athletes, been watching these kids since they were in 4th grade playing lil league Winona ball

QB play we have 2 different styles, 1 is a power runner that isn't super fast just big and will run you over if he pulls it, can also sling it... he's a sophomore 

Another is a sophomore that may be the fastest on the team, very shifty... no reason this team shouldn't make playoffs 

2 hours ago, BoyzNdaHood said:

@ANTI

@LoboFan07

@LOL

Curious how yall see lobos playing out this year? I've been reading up on em and see that #1 ranking, yall feel like they should be in that spot? I know the talent is there, and seen the QB play issues... thoughts

Do I think we should be #1? Negative. Ryan is too good and we haven’t beaten them yet so they should be there until we beat ‘em. 

That said, I do think we’ll be playing late into December. 16-0 is possible, 14-1 is likely. It’s hard for me to predict that after the last two seasons, but those down years of the last two are gone I feel. Should be a fun ride.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Do I think we should be #1? Negative. Ryan is too good and we haven’t beaten them yet so they should be there until we beat ‘em. 

That said, I do think we’ll be playing late into December. 16-0 is possible, 14-1 is likely. It’s hard for me to predict that after the last two seasons, but those down years of the last two are gone I feel. Should be a fun ride.

Rematch with ryan brewing, I've been to the last 2 meetings... great atmosphere 

Yall figure out QB play yet or which direction yall think that's headed? 

2 minutes ago, BoyzNdaHood said:

Rematch with ryan brewing, I've been to the last 2 meetings... great atmosphere 

Yall figure out QB play yet or which direction yall think that's headed? 

Aledo might have something to say about any type of rematch lol but we'll see. Long road ahead, one with Lancaster/Tyler/Crosby/Frisco Lone Star all thrown in there first.

Allen is the QB for his final year unless he gets injured. He was much improved during 7v7 and the summer overall, just gotta hope it translates to the fall. Is what it is. Should be much better the next couple of years, but we'll live with what we got this season.

• Like 1

Just now, HJR7 said:

I can see Kilgore going 7-3

Tough pre season and tough district.

7-3 (but I also feel this years team, is a notch better than last years team)

Yall graduate that RB that kept breaking on CH last year..?

3 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Aledo might have something to say about any type of rematch lol but we'll see. Long road ahead, one with Lancaster/Tyler/Crosby/Frisco Lone Star all thrown in there first.

Allen is the QB for his final year unless he gets injured. He was much improved during 7v7 and the summer overall, just gotta hope it translates to the fall. Is what it is. Should be much better the next couple of years, but we'll live with what we got this season.

Got family in Tyler and they have nothing but good things to say bout cujo this season... we'll see 

This Gunter team should be very good.  We could be challenged in district by Bells, challenged by Holliday in region II, and by Canadian in the semis.  In non-district we could certainly lose to Brock, a great program, or Gladewater (not familiar with them at all).  I have no idea how good the 3 private schools will be.  TCA Addision probably the best  of the 3, we'll see.  If we were to make it to Jerry World I would have great confidence of winning our 3rd SC, because I think Canadian would, so if we face them we need to find a way to win.  They went 3 deep last year with a JV team.

Prediction best case 16-0, Worst case 13-2 (losses to Brock and Canadian).

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, GTAlumnus said:

This Gunter team should be very good.  We could be challenged in district by Bells, challenged by Holliday in region II, and by Canadian in the semis.  In non-district we could certainly lose to Brock, a great program, or Gladewater (not familiar with them at all).  I have no idea how good the 3 private schools will be.  TCA Addision probably the best  of the 3, we'll see.  If we were to make it to Jerry World I would have great confidence of winning our 3rd SC, because I think Canadian would, so if we face them we need to find a way to win.  They went 3 deep last year with a JV team.

How many yall lose from last years team? Last year SC game was a damn good one... 

1 hour ago, GTAlumnus said:

We are same boat. Best case 16-0, worst case 12-3. Losses to Seminole, Randall (5a), and GT.

we will be short some starters for Seminole. Don’t know details but heard some kids got in trouble and Koetting put his foot down and made a point.

randall is 5a. Not sure how good they will be, but with their size it’s a game of attrition/numbers.

GT. Both teams are hopefully clicking on all Cylinders. GT will want revenge, Canadian wants to even the series to 3-3.

strengths this year are Line, Depth at RB, and Recievers. Only have one lineman under 230, and he is 205 and athletic. Starting RB who was 7th in state in rushing through first 4 games is completely healed and healthy, and his backup was all district RB last year.

Hoping for big things, and for the injury bug to leave us the hell alone this year!

• Like 2

Best case scenario...... 8-2 regular season.  Loss to Longview (hopefully competitive)  and a loss to either Tyler or Carthage.... stealing a win from one of the two.

Worst case scenario..... 6-4.   Losses to Tyler, Longview, Carthage, and Texas High.  

Playoffs are just so sketchy to predict.... our first round game looks to be pretty favorable as long as we get a 1 or 2 seed........ but the second round likely will bring defending state champion South Oak Cliff.... that's a tough draw for the first second round.  Which means....we need to win district.  That puts SOC off until the 4th round I believe.  

2 hours ago, HJR7 said:

Yessir. But there won't be a fall off at RB at all, promise you that.

I asked this on another thread (“Kilgore @ Carthage Week One”) over a month ago and never got a response. I’m going to try again now: I didn’t see Kilgore play last year, which was its first year under Coach Woods’s  successor from Pleasant Grove. Does the Kilgore offense under him strongly resemble Pleasant Grove’s offense?

7 hours ago, BoyzNdaHood said:

@VonG

What's your thoughts on TH this season? Hearing alot of good things bout the squad.. 

8-2 7-3. If the qb position was in a good position like the rest of the positions. I'll say 9-1 or 10-0.

• Like 1

China Spring will be very good again this year. We were concerned about our QB graduating but then the new move-in helped those concerns. It will be tough moving up to Division 1 and #1 Stephenville in our district (as well as #8 La Vega). CS will be a tough out. 

2 hours ago, BoyzNdaHood said:

How many yall lose from last years team? Last year SC game was a damn good one... 

We return 6 on each side of the ball.  But there was a lot of depth and a bunch of players not labeled "starters" played a ton and performed well.  And the coaching staff is excellent.

• Like 1